IGNORED

Stoke sack O'Neill

CyderInACan

Thought his time was up when Holden started applying for manager jobs in the summer, he knew it was precarious.

Stoke really are a shit show, graveyard of managers with decent reputations, Rowett, Jones & now O’Neill.

This despite spending eye watering amounts for years & not doing any better than us.

A counter factual to the regular Preston, Millwall, do better than us comments..

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

Stoke fans might be a bit surprised given the relative inertia of the Coates family in recent years. However their squad, yeah could do better probably.

1 hour ago, BS3City said:

Wasn't very complimentary when we played them IIRC, so no sympathy from me...

I remember that, 'worst team in the League' comment!

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

How many players did they let him sign in the summer? 

Money to throw away apparently @Mr Popodopolous ! :whistle:

Supposedly they've absolutely slashed expenditure. Read a rather eyebrow raising claim that when he took over their club wage bill was £54m- which it will have been, and had halved by early 2022 or this season whatever- which would make it £27m.

Struggling to square some of their signings with this, seem to add PL loanees for fun.

54 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Wonder what contract   Gayle  is on, and how much he is earning there?            

Again as above supposedly their wage bill is hugely reduced but I'm struggling to square the two. In the last year or 2 yes a shitload of players went but at the same time...players like.

Wilmot- Permanent

Ostigard- Loan

Harwood-Bellis- Loan

Gayle- Permanent

Maja joined on loan for a half a season and Surridge did but was sold...but won't surely have been on small wages.

To name a few....yet the EFL have absolutely nothing to say on their FFP, this one really winds me up for a range of reasons!

Will leave it for others to go through their inbound transfers from summer 2021 onwards.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

I knew his days were numbered when he signed Aden Flint.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved Flint when he was here, they were his best years but pretty much stopped being his best days the day he left.

Flint was excellent for us especially our promotion season suited our style of play and the supporting players .

we went at exactly the right time .

he is in danger of becoming a bit of a journey man in my eyes .

at this stage in his career would suit the other up the mem.

off the subject though god he was / is a miserable sod 

6 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Damn, another one that Ian Gay got wrong. Clearly said on FBC a couple of weeks ago that Dean Smith would be the first manager to get sacked and I thought he was itk with these things.

First rule of Fight Club?.............Don't listen to Mr Gay.  Two weeks ago, if i am correct?..... he stated that an £8 mill bid had been made for Andi Weimann.  My advice,  Pay about as much attention to him, as you would to a car alarm?       

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

First rule of Fight Club?.............Don't listen to Mr Gay.  Two weeks ago, if i am correct?..... he stated that an £8 mill bid had been made for Andi Weimann.  My advice,  Pay about as much attention to him, as you would to a car alarm?       

And just like a car alarm, he's bloody loud and never stops.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Comment on the Stoke forum:

"Wouldn't like Barton. Too much of a ****."

Why would he leave the 6th richest club in the country with a new stadium due to open any day now, a club with a massive fan base that is about to overtake us on its way to the Premier League, to join a smaller club like Stoke?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 2