IGNORED

Blackpool away match thread

Not just Vyner's fault - he's not innocent, but he was put in trouble by King and Naismith.

Don't deserve to win games at this level when you are weak at set pieces and give away goals like that as regularly as we do. It will always hamper our progress. Mistakes happen but it runs deeper with us - there are one or two mentalities that aren't strong enough

Would have taken a point before the game though. Away from home, decent side, where we haven't won for ages. Let's hope the manner of it doesn't kill our momentum.

Vyner made a mistake but Naismith shouldn't be passing it to him there, I know he did well for the third goal but I'm not excusing him for their equaliser.

They're pressing us to get back into it and can see Vyner isn't in any space to receive the ball there, he's absolutely killed him needlessly playing out there.

King and James did well to keep the ball and move it away from their press on our left side and Naismith can just hoof it clear, like when he plays out sometimes but it happened twice today where hes been caught out with silly passes.

Fair play to Blackpool they're a good team who have their own way of playing but we should be coming back with 3 points there.

• Like 2
Just now, Andy082005 said:

Where as I get Vyner always has a mistake in him, let’s not let Andy King off here. The bloke is a waste of time 

overall a good point, one we would have taken earlier. Need to cut these errors out though 

That was down to Naismith.  King basically decided not to hammer it into his own goal in the hope it was going wide.

Not that you'll listen King's a perfect scapegoat.

Naismith the best player on the pitch all day long and then makes that stupid pass at a stupid time and costs us the match. 

Listening to the commentator say how much we've improved, does he have shit in his eyes?! The exact same issue as last season, we can't control the game when leading by a single goal, panic and concede. 

The only difference is that we've got some great attacking options but if Massengo goes we'll have a slow midfield and a defence that can't remain composed when under pressure. They can **** right off today, let themselves down massively. 

Anyone blaming Zak for the equaliser either wasn’t watching the same game as me or wasn’t watching the game at all.  The goal was caused by a slack pass that put the Blackpool player in.  Vyner didn’t stand a chance, except to haul him down and get a red card.  I thought it was Naismith who passed, but the commentator said something about King.  Certainly NOT Vyner’s fault.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

FT 

Shame to lose two points in that familiar way, but I would have taken a draw before the match, and even more during it, given the problems they gave to our defence.

Our main weakness remains clear, but I was quite impressed by the team's mental strenght, shown by making two comebacks .  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chinapig said:

I'm baffled as to how to fix it. It doesn't seem to matter who the personnel are it's still groundhog day.

Yep - almost incomprehensible. You'd surely sit them down, pause the game at different points and ask all of at least Wliiams, Massengo, DaSilva, Naismith, Atkinson and King 'at that moment what on earth was going through your head'...'why did you go backwards, try to play a worldie??? What were you thinking of?' I appreciate they are under pressure but...

• Like 1