IGNORED

All Matches Postponed Until At Least 12/9/22

BUTOR

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Without wishing to get political, Idk no reason in some ways that UEFA should move for the circs of one nation. The fact the Rangers game was moved and not postponed indicates that a forfeit might have been at risk.

To play Devil's Advocate, why should they? Could play behind closed doors- no fans=no police required.

A really crass, TLDR point might be...a potted version which I shouldn't post.

Different sport but I see South Africa refused to add an extra day to the Test at The Oval.

Yes that is possibly a factor too.

I would hope that UEFA would be sympathetic to requests from any nation with 'special circumstances', not just us.

2 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I would hope that UEFA would be sympathetic to requests from any nation with 'special circumstances', not just us.

That's a fair point, the logistics of it all are fairly terrible though- for any postponements of UEFA competition games due to the stupid well let us be honest, bought Winter World Cup- both bought and stupid.

Actually surprised that the domestic Leagues and UEFA were fine with it but there we are.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Announcement on the return of football matches

Last weekend, English football united together to honour and remember Her Majesty the Queen.

We would like to express our thanks and gratitude to everyone across our game for their support and understanding as we paid respect to our long-standing Patron of The Football Association, Queen Elizabeth II.

After a period of pause and reflection for our national game, we can confirm that fixtures will resume as scheduled, including matches from the Barclays Women’s Super League and Barclays Women’s Championship, the Emirates FA Cup Second Round Qualifying, Vitality Women’s FA Cup, the National League System [NLS], Steps 1-6, including the Vanarama National Leagues, the Women’s Football Pyramid [WFP], Tiers 3-7, and all matches across grassroots football in England. Isuzu FA Trophy and FA Youth Cup matches will return this evening.

All matches held at stadiums are subject to leagues and clubs working with the relevant authorities to stage these fixtures, as usual practice.

We will be recommending to clubs, leagues and competitions across the country that a minute’s silence is observed before matches are played, and that black armbands should be worn where possible. All flags at Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park will continue to fly at half-mast this week and over the weekend.

The FA can also confirm that all scheduled football matches will be postponed on the day of Her Majesty the Queen’s funeral on Monday 19 September.

Our thoughts at this time remain with His Majesty King Charles III, our president, HRH The Prince of Wales, and the whole of the Royal Family.

Play Safe Weekend 17-18 September 2022

Thank you for all of your collective efforts regarding the planned Play Safe Weekend. 

This will now be postponed as we understand that clubs and leagues may wish to focus on paying their respects as football resumes this week.

Re-scheduled dates for this important campaign will be agreed with stakeholders, and we will communicate them as soon as possible.

30 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

And Brighton vs Palace. Was due to be off due to rail strikes but as those now cancelled, assume policing reasons.

It’s a fierce rivalry…

Genuine antipathy there and it's nothing to do with geography.

I appreciate that is a parody of some kind but it's not a friendly rivalry afaik.

See Gillingham v Swindon for an example of unfriendly yet non geographical rivalry.

Back to Brighton v Crystal Palace, google crowd trouble or fighting for that one, you might be surprised. Definitely a risk match.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's a fair point, the logistics of it all are fairly terrible though- for any postponements of UEFA competition games due to the stupid well let us be honest, bought Winter World Cup- both bought and stupid.

Actually surprised that the domestic Leagues and UEFA were fine with it but there we are.

Quite honestly I don't get some of outrage about the postponement of one game in what are sad times for the country. The way some talk it's as though their human rights have been abolished. By the time the Norwich and Burnley games roll round all this will be forgotten - a very small blip in life's journey.

Personally I'm a lot more annoyed about the World Cup for any number of reasons. I would add to that fixtures being reorganised to suit Sky, bubble games, ticket prices, anything to do with the Premiership and the very existence of Bristol Rovers and their appalling excuse of a manager. 

That's me done for now, sorry about the rant - might go and lie in a dark room for a whole.

Edited by Calculus
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

There have been plenty of world leaders that have been parents and grandparents who you would not want to mourn.

Everyone is entitled to their own views, but the present censorship by media (the failure to air anything that suggests anything other than an overwhelmingly positive view of the late Queen) is bound to frustrate those who don’t share those feelings.   I doubt that many people are actually happy about the Queen’s death (yes, that’s ‘death’, not ‘passing’) but there may be many who are disinterested or indifferent, and I’m not sure why their view is any less valid than anyone else’s, whether you agree with them or not.

Regardless of media blackout...what has 'celebrating' a death got to do with your view?

You can have differing views...of course. But Celebrating a death? Really!

That's sick imo.

You can not agree with the monarchy or the Queen...but celebrating anyone's death is just weird to me.

There view it is no less valid...no one has said that.

• Like 1

Actually, a question for the Norwich game: 

The Queen is being brought down to Buckingham Palace tomorrow evening. Wednesday will be the day that she will be moved to Westminster Hall for the lying in state 

I imagine that of those driving will normally go via the M25, when London bound travel is likely to be hell on wheels.

So, questions:

Would you prefer a postponement?

Will you still go even if it's on?

Never been to Norwich but thinking about it this time. Maybe the M5 option and then across will be better than the M25 route. Interested in any thoughts from experienced folk.

6 minutes ago, Calculus said:

The Queen is being brought down to Buckingham Palace tomorrow evening. Wednesday will be the day that she will be moved to Westminster Hall for the lying in state 

I imagine that of those driving will normally go via the M25, when London bound travel is likely to be hell on wheels.

So, questions:

Never been to Norwich but thinking about it this time. Maybe the M5 option and then across will be better than the M25 route. Interested in any thoughts from experienced folk.

If possible always keep clear of M25

M5 M42 M6 South A14 A11 for me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Calculus said:

So, questions:

Won't have any impact on us at all

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I thought the football decision was bad, Center Parcs are losing for 24 hours on the Monday of the funeral, so those in a Friday to Friday break are getting kicked out at 10am Monday and have been told to find alternative accommodation for 1 night!  I would refuse to leave personally C0B418CA-2911-4BEE-938A-5BA23AF52939.thumb.jpeg.7b1ea39409f5a19faab6e79bd6dd19dc.jpeg

That is a shocker.  

edit: I assumed this would be for those people who were doing Mon-Fri.  Oh no, everyone!!!  The Gerald Ratner of Holidays.  This will rebound massively I suspect.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is a shocker.  

edit: I assumed this would be for those people who were doing Mon-Fri.  Oh no, everyone!!!  The Gerald Ratner of Holidays.  This will rebound massively I suspect.

If they cancelled all activities, shut the pool and restaurant, and just left people in lodges then I think everyone would say fair enough, but if you’ve travelled far to get there, what exactly can you do!  Shocking!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No riding your bike on Monday either….British Cycling (association) says so.

This country is going mad.

Center Parcs getting ripped apart on twitter.

It'll all be over in a week Dave. Thanjjfu

Avoid the main channels, the news I know I have as much as I can outside of sport, watch those things you have been putting off on catchup, by middle of next week things should be back to normal...

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Avoid the main channels, the news I know I have as much as I can outside of sport, watch those things you have been putting off on catchup, by middle of next week things should be back to normal...

I’m just staggered by the reaction and the ludicrous decisions being made.

I don’t go out on my bike, I don’t go to Center Parcs, but I just can’t believe what I’m reading.  This country has gradually succumbed to being frightened to death to make a common sense decision, they are doubling down on making bad decisions.

As for Center Parcs, closing on a “bank holiday” - usually their MO is to charge customers 5x as much.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

On 12/09/2022 at 19:02, Calculus said:

So, questions:

On 12/09/2022 at 19:11, redkev said:

If possible always keep clear of M25

M5 M42 M6 South A14 A11 for me 

That or - M4 A420 M40 A421 A428 A14 A11. Same kinda time

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

At least we have Netflix etc now.

It was unavoidable in 1997.