IGNORED

All Matches Postponed Until At Least 12/9/22

BUTOR

2 hours ago, phantom said:

In a quiet stadium you'd only need a small number of people to ruin it and that's before any reaction from oth

Seeing the graffiti around Glasgow I'd dread how the Celtic supporters would have reacted and here in England liver supporters would have no doubt caused concerns too

That doesn't stack up though, if that was the reason to postpone which I doubt it was then it just delays everything by a few days as they can just react in the same anticipated way when the next game is scheduled.

Let's just postpone a whole weekend off football games at every level on the off chance that some Liverpool fans might cause some disruption only to delay the reason until next weekend or the weekend after...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

For anyone still not realising why games were called off, on Twitter search Liverpool and Celtic and read the comments from supporters as so many additional clubs to these too 

I presumed that and/or police resource would be the reasons - however it still makes no sense towards grassroots / amateur football and kids football.

Those lower league clubs now have to face loss of cash flow, a midweek game in winter most likely where they need to power the flood lights (and likely smaller crowd). Clubs like ourselves who still had to pay for the venue because we had it booked.

I still think they got this all wrong, even accepting those 2 above reasons for calling for the professional game.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, phantom said:

For anyone still not realising why games were called off, on Twitter search Liverpool and Celtic and read the comments from supporters as so many additional clubs to these too 

It's a sad day when policy is dictated by ******* on Twitter. Nothing would have happened at the games, those people are all mouthy keyboard warriors who probably don't attend matches.

I wouldn't waste my time with trawling that cesspit any more than I would read the Bristol City fans Facebook group.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, phantom said:

You’re taking social media far to seriously. On Twitter, you will always get people being edgy to provoke a reaction.

In the real world, across the 46 games in the PL & EFL this weekend, the only place where there would be any chance of disturbances would have been Liverpool. That wouldn’t have made football look bad, that would look bad on Liverpool fans and Liverpool fans alone.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

You’re taking social media far to seriously. On Twitter, you will always get people being edgy to provoke a reaction.

In the real world, across the 46 games in the PL & EFL this weekend, the only place where there would be any chance of disturbances would have been Liverpool. That wouldn’t have made football look bad, that would look bad on Liverpool fans and Liverpool fans alone.

This was the one minutes silence at Hearts. This sort of thing is why they cancelled the football.

The FA wanted to show universal respect. 

You won't get that at football. 

More scenes like this would be dissected by the media and folk around the world.

11 hours ago, pillred said:

Do you know what and this is being totally honest I hate your posts mostly and only 2 hours ago decided I would give you a second chance after having you on ignore for the past 3 years what a mistake that was as your just as much an a**e as you were then, I won't make that mistake a second time the reason I reacted to sheltons army the way I did is he made a remark about my posts which according to the reactions I have received over the years was totally wrong, anyway goodnight and goodbye for ever. 

:laughcont: Ha ha, the last thing I was expecting was a pillred/philinfrance fall out.

Thanks for lightening the mood chaps, genuinely entertaining exchange. 

Please think again about putting Phil on ignore @pillred we need more of this! ?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

????

Eeeeek, eff me! ????

image.thumb.png.5ff7948d60849d1b666fcc90c2b8d893.png

It’s certainly not something to be proud of is it? ?

I see that I joined as a glory hunter!!!

Presumably the forum has some kind of protocol should anything happen to you, black banner at the top, a ceremony where @TomF reveals your password to Joe so he can carry on your work etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, red panda said:

Gosh, what an unpleasant and patronising response.  You don't know anything about me or about my understanding of how Government works in practice (clue - I don't work in the private sector).  This is a forum (the clue is in the name) but if this is how you respond to opposing views (and if you really believe what you've written then good luck to you) then I'm really not sure it's worth continuing.  Your statement that "one doesn't vote for a party" is perhaps correct on a very, very pedantic level, but in reality it's so far from how politics works that I really haven't a flipping clue what planet you're on.  Over and out.

Don't lose any sleep over it, I criticised somebody on here yesterday for what they thought was humour "is the queens funeral on the red button" and wished I hadn't as I was called humourless and received a hell of a lot of flak, I'm afraid from behind keyboards many on here say things they would never dare say if the person was right in front of them. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Twitter was just the lazy evidence for me to quote, you only have to look at this thread and the one in the politics section to see there is real dislike amongst OUR fans. 

@MarcusX hit the nail on the head above 

We've all seen minutes silences ruined by one or two people in the past it wouldn't have taken much 

I saw footage of a guy who walked up to Buckingham Palace on Friday night to view his displeasure in front of thousands of people 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

This was the one minutes silence at Hearts. This sort of thing is why they cancelled the football.

The FA wanted to show universal respect. 

You won't get that at football. 

More scenes like this would be dissected by the media and folk around the world.

@Port Said Red

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Twitter was just the lazy evidence for me to quote, you only have to look at this thread and the one in the politics section to see there is real dislike amongst OUR fans. 

We've all seen minutes silences ruined by one or two people in the past it wouldn't have taken much 

I saw footage of a guy who walked up to Buckingham Palace on Friday night to view his displeasure in front of thousands of people 

@Port Said Red

Football clubs will most likely be holding one minute silences before games this midweek and possibly next weekend as well. 
The football authorities have realised that whilst they thought they were doing something that made them look good, it has in fact made them look so far out of touch. 
Fear of fans booing a minute silence is just a terrible excuse to cover their asses for calling all football off from elite level down to under 7’s. 

There should be 1000’s of kids out there playing football right now if it wasn’t for the ridiculous decision to call off this weekends games. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Port Said Red

One. In Scotland. Yep would definitely be replicated across the country.

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Rangers v Napoli, and Napoli v Rangers.

Neither will have away fans. The latter because there won't be Napoli fans at this weeks game, linked to logistics and policing and deemed sporting integrity respectively.

Just as well.  Naples is a great city to visit as a tourist, but I wouldn’t visit there as an away support under any circumstances.

59 minutes ago, Malago said:

Just as well.  Naples is a great city to visit as a tourist, but I wouldn’t visit there as an away support under any circumstances.

And it definitely isn't the sort of place that would take kindly to a load of Rangers fans deciding to turn up to take in the atmosphere even though they won't get in.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Must rule out CL games.

A few clubs could risk a forfeit then. If it was Liverpool e.g. that would put them in a tight spot in that group, their away games aren't exactly easy.

Chelsea too in theory if it came to that. Doubt Salzburg at home poses a great risk however.

Tottenham are away so they wouldn't be affected, Man City would win enough games in any event even if they did.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous