IGNORED

All Matches Postponed Until At Least 12/9/22

BUTOR

41 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I am thinking of going to Burnley, but when will a decision be made? I am a Supporter of queen/king and Country but don't believe football should stop apart from day of funeral

Even if it is going ahead good luck getting to it (unless you drive) - coaches are sold out and Avanti aren't selling tickets for this weekend for the same bullshit they've been pulling for 6 weeks now.

Just now, IAmNick said:

Aaah fair enough, my mistake - I thought I saw some comments earlier in the thread that people weren't allowed to do training either!

Probably makes my extremely loud rendition of GSTK in their direction seem even more strange now then

I was pushing my club to turn the league games into friendlies but apparently that wouldn't have washed.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

They let that go ahead though, and people had a right to boo it no matter what others thought of them. Why should this have been any different?

For your point to make sense they would have had to have cracked down on the booers then, surely. In one situation they allowed people to express their opinion, in the other they didn't - that's not the same.

You might disagree with them but that doesn't make them sick.

Surely you can understand why some people around the world would have very strong negative feelings towards our country and by extension our monarchy... whether you agree with them or not.

I expect there are a fair few world leaders revered in their own countries we'd both be happy to see the back of!

If you are referring to my comment about the Black Lives Matter farce , in my opinion it is a farce , black lives don’t seem to matter ( which of course they do ) if you have shanked ( not my term but street language ) by another black person seems to be happening every day at the moment . I understand not everyone’s a royalist but if you don’t agree with it is there any need to boo or anything else just see the minute / or 2 out let others pay there respects then get on with supporting the team . Quite simple really .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, redkev said:

If you are referring to my comment about the Black Lives Matter farce , in my opinion it is a farce , black lives don’t seem to matter ( which of course they do ) if you have shanked ( not my term but street language ) by another black person seems to be happening every day at the moment . I understand not everyone’s a royalist but if you don’t agree with it is there any need to boo or anything else just see the minute / or 2 out let others pay there respects then get on with supporting the team . Quite simple really .

You're not keeping your awful opinion to yourself, yet in the same post you expect others to do so. The word for that is 'hypocrisy'.

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Training yes, match though? Or training pre-game...

Not especially bothered at actually playing on, more that it appears Eton took a different path.

I think the decision to cancel was stupid and unnecessary.

It wasn’t even ‘matches’ that were banned, it was ‘fixtures’.  Figure that out.

My club’s youth players were out training yesterday, and my son’s team played an 11x11 ‘training match’ against another squad from his club.  That was allowed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The kids football being cancelled stuff, depends on who you are as to how well it was abided by it seems...

Not that I disagree with a decision to play on at whatever level if a) Safe to do so and b) Adequate respect shown but there is a contrast...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/09/11/eton-college-ignores-fas-ban-football-queens-death/

One rule for one...?

I saw that yesterday and wondered whether it was a fake tweet, so didn’t react.  But looks like it’s true.  ???

53 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Just turn up and start playing, and if the other team gets in the way that's not your fault?

bart & lisa fighting - GIF on Imgur

Said Lee Johnson in his post-match interview ???

• Haha 2

I posted a bit about policing of games the other day and referenced 'spotters'. @Davefevs and @MarcusX might be interested.

More recently too. Surprised at Blackpool away seemingly having a strong police presence in the circs, doesn't strike me especially as a 'risk' game.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 2

From the OS

The EFL fixture programme will return as scheduled from Tuesday September 13th, with tributes to be paid to Her late Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II at grounds around the country.

A minute’s silence will be held before City's matches at Norwich City (Tuesday, September 14th) and Burnley (Saturday, September 17th), with black armbands to be worn by participants, flags to be flown at half-mast and the National Anthem to be played in stadiums.

With a national policing plan now in operation, the League and Clubs will continue to work with forces in respect of any challenges that may emerge regarding policing of specific fixtures.

Consideration to individual circumstances will be made on a case-by-case basis, in line with standard match Safety Advisory Group (SAG) protocols.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Uefa precedent tends to mean forfeit if games off, especially with the tight turnarounds. Interesting to see how that goes.

Think there's bigger things going on at the moment, and clearly logistics are going to be very stretched around London.  Am fairly sure thay even UEFA aren't sufficiently dense to be insisting on forfeits, but who knows.

BTW, as massive numbers of people start going to London for the lying in state and funeral don't be surprised if police forces up and down the country send officers to help. All sorts of fixtures could be affected, not just those in London.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

From the OS

The EFL fixture programme will return as scheduled from Tuesday September 13th, with tributes to be paid to Her late Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II at grounds around the country.

A minute’s silence will be held before City's matches at Norwich City (Tuesday, September 14th) and Burnley (Saturday, September 17th), with black armbands to be worn by participants, flags to be flown at half-mast and the National Anthem to be played in stadiums.

With a national policing plan now in operation, the League and Clubs will continue to work with forces in respect of any challenges that may emerge regarding policing of specific fixtures.

Consideration to individual circumstances will be made on a case-by-case basis, in line with standard match Safety Advisory Group (SAG) protocols.

13TH/14TH......Tues or Weds ? mix up on OS surely not ?

7 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

We’ve got Sheff United midweek in the first week of November & Lincoln in the cup the week after so there’s no free weeks that month. 

We don't play a game between 12 Nov and 10 Dec due to the world cup. I know they won't reschedule to those weeks, but there are free days.

We'd be without Semenyo. I don't think PNE have a single player who is likely to be in Qatar...maybe Olussunde for USA, but he's only got one cap from 2018 so it seems unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Think there's bigger things going on at the moment, and clearly logistics are going to be very stretched around London.  Am fairly sure thay even UEFA aren't sufficiently dense to be insisting on forfeits, but who knows.

BTW, as massive numbers of people start going to London for the lying in state and funeral don't be surprised if police forces up and down the country send officers to help. All sorts of fixtures could be affected, not just those in London.

Last year we were near St Ives when the G7 thing was on and they had police from all over the country staying in make shift camps to help out, so can defo see resources being utilised.  FYI we also saw the 48 bus from Downend there, apparently they had a shortage of buses to bus the police around so even got them in from other places!

16 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

We’ve got Sheff United midweek in the first week of November & Lincoln in the cup the week after so there’s no free weeks that month. 

Rd 4 is w/c 19th Dec (assuming we get through), so would leave midweek commencing 12th Dec

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

We don't play a game between 12 Nov and 10 Dec due to the world cup. I know they won't reschedule to those weeks, but there are free days.

We'd be without Semenyo. I don't think PNE have a single player who is likely to be in Qatar...maybe Olussunde for USA, but he's only got one cap from 2018 so it seems unlikely.

I wonder if both clubs agreed whether it could be arranged during the WC “period”?

Just now, Tinmans Love Child said:

FYI we also saw the 48 bus from Downend there, apparently they had a shortage of buses to bus the police around so even got them in from other places!

That was a cover-up, driver took the wrong turn ???

38 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Without wishing to get political, Idk no reason in some ways that UEFA should move for the circs of one nation. The fact the Rangers game was moved and not postponed indicates that a forfeit might have been at risk.

To play Devil's Advocate, why should they? Could play behind closed doors- no fans=no police required.

A really crass, TLDR point might be...a potted version which I shouldn't post.

Different sport but I see South Africa refused to add an extra day to the Test at The Oval.

38 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Yes that is possibly a factor too.

There would be nothing policing commitments notwithstanding, rescheduling to next midweek. There is a spare midweek slot in October too. Two in fact, weeks commencing 10th and 24th October 2022. Plus next week of course.

The following free slot is after the WC.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I wonder if both clubs agreed whether it could be arranged during the WC “period”?

I suspect it would need sanctioning by FIFA, which wouldn't happen. There's likely some sort of commercial agreement between the FA/PL/EFL/FIFA that those weeks will be for WC games only and no one else can play football. Wouldn't want the EFL (and it's sponsors) taking viewers away from the glorious world cup of Qatar (and it's sponsors) now would we.

Money > sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There would be nothing policing commitments notwithstanding,  rescheduling to next midweek. There is a spare midweek slot in October too. Two in fact, weeks commencing 10th and 24th October 2022. Plus next week of course.

The following free slot is after the WC.

That would (next week) , I believe, infringe on internationals. As a result we’d be without Semenyo and Conway (Sykes also potentially) so wouldn’t be keen even if allowed.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That would (next week) , I believe, infringe on internationals. As a result we’d be without Semenyo and Conway (Sykes also potentially) so wouldn’t be keen even if allowed.

Ah would it? Good point  hadn't fully appreciated just how long off it is.

Okay week commencing 10th or 24th October it is?

44 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Different sport but I see South Africa refused to add an extra day to the Test at The Oval.

That’s only because they have such a tight turnaround before heading off on tour again and then the World Cup.  Also may be something to do with the fact that England came home early last time we were over there.   

Edited by lenred
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lenred said:

That’s only because they have such a tight turnaround before heading off on tour again and then the World Cup.  Also may be something to do with the fact that England came home early last time we were over there.   

Thanks. Only saw the headline tbh, the tight turnaround is a significant issue for UEFA comps too though what with the WC.

Certainly shouldn't disrupt a whole continents football schedule for the sad death of a monarch in one nation.

Could also go behind closed doors for that. No fans=no police or reverse the fixtures although that has a huge impact on fans if course.

All UEFA group games have to be completed by 3rd November.

Precedent- they made Tottenham forfeit a Group decider despite a Covid outbreak as they couldn't find an alternative slot.

• Like 1