IGNORED

Happy 60th Jacki Dziekanowski

3 Peaps In A PodCast

5 hours ago, maxjak said:

Sorry Robbored...........but if you cannot acknowledge the maverick talent of Jacki, i despair for you, and your lack of appreciation of  an exceptional footballer  ?   Who cares if he was at times lazy?  He gave me so many outstanding memories and out of my seat moments that i forgive him all his faults.

During his 43 appearances, he was entertaining, frustrating, mercurial, inspired and a football magician...........I was at Leicester, when Motson lauded him, and at the home game against Portsmouth when him and Andy C ran them ragged.  Osman's managerial career after he was sacked for his incompetence at City portrays exactly what his level of judgement was like.  (The last i heard of him was his sacking at Newport in 2015, with them bottom of the League, with 5 points out of 30!  Ha!) If you failed to enjoy Jacki's performance's then it says an awful lot more about you  than Dariusz's capabilities........ IMHO.

Spot on. Football is all about hope and romance for the 99% of clubs who start the season with no expectation of winning anything. It’s all about the fleeting moments that Jacki encapsulated.

• Like 2

I was at Leicester in the cup on Shem tours and probably saw most of his games.

He was one of the most talented players I ever saw wear the red shirt.Tomlins goal against Huddersfield is one of the best I have ever seen in a red shirt.(he however became a ****)

Happy birthday Jacki you are on my hall of fame here in Clayfield Rd.???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not in mine Phants, at least not positive ones. I do remember him ambling around doing a trick or two which impressed the fans and then blazing over the bar from 30yards. Osman saw thru Jacki right away and dropped him saying “a trick or two and a 30yard shot is not enough”

That was about the only decision that Osman actually got right.

My memories of that period were positive ones about Andy Cole - shame he was only at City for a season before moving to Newcastle - with no add on clause in the deal………He subsequently moved the Man Utd for a massive fee none of which City benefitted from.

Thankfully the days of City being run by well meaning amateurs are long gone.

Yawn??????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not for me - Jacki was a lazy bugger who scored only 7 goals for City. He was a luxury player that City couldn’t afford to carry.

Russell Osman eventually dropped him - absolutely the 

1 minute ago, Cityboy1954 said:

All about opinnions most skillfull and talented footballer to have worn our shirt got asses off seats listen to three peaps in the pod never seen nothing like that since .

Edited by Cityboy1954
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, Red Skin said:

image.thumb.png.9ea5f99e97541375f96d1842dee35b52.png

Loved Jacki.  I used to have a white long sleeve t shirt with his name down the arm written in the style of the Solidarity movement in Poland.  Players like Jacki, JET, Trundle, and Tomlin (in his loan spell before he signed and came out as a cock) are what going to football is all about.  

Still got mine .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

His name always brings a smile to me,,, at the time none of us had ever seen anything like that, i loved him. Looking back now his impact wasnt that great, but we’ve probably had 1000 players since then but very few who i would go to a game just to see a moment of magic from.

It’s the same for me. I remember that I loved watching him and I was livid when Osman didn’t play him.  

For me, that was a strange era for City. We had amazing players like Cole, but also some truly horrendous ones. Some memorable games,  but we were also very soon to find ourselves relegated. 

Anyway, happy birthday Jacki! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

All about opinnions most skillfull and talented footballer to have worn our shirt got asses off seats listen to three peaps in the pod never seen nothing like that since .

When posters mention players ‘getting them off their seat’ I always think of Scot Murray. Whenever he ran at the defence I and everyone around me were on their feet as he jinked past defenders - to me he was a really exciting player, far more than Jackie ever was and he scored and created far more goals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

When posters mention players ‘getting them off their seat’ I always think of Scot Murray. Whenever he ran at the defence I and everyone around me were on their feet as he jinked past defenders - to me he was a really exciting player, far more than Jackie ever was and he scored and created far more goals.

:laugh: what when he went to Reading ?

Just now, Cityboy1954 said:

:laugh: what when he went to Reading ?jackie was different gravy .

28 minutes ago, Elruliri said:

I remember one bit of skill he did on the right wing, left back running towards him about to foul him. Jacki with his back to the full back just flips the ball over his head. Absolutely brilliant bit of skill  it was worth the admission fee alone.

Didn’t he do something similar to that at home to Ipswich or was that the game you’re referring to. Can’t remember??

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

Yeah, you didn’t like him. We’ve got that, that’s three times you’ve told us. Now can you stop telling us and leave the rest of us to celebrate his 60th with some happy memories? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zider_drinker said:

Didn’t he do something similar to that at home to Ipswich or was that the game you’re referring to. Can’t remember??

14 minutes ago, Elruliri said:

It was at home I can't remember who it was against but at the time it was amazing.

Ipswich. I has a tape of the game for a long time, but latterly nothing to play it on! As you say, one of those moments worth the admission money alone. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Elruliri said:

I remember one bit of skill he did on the right wing, left back running towards him about to foul him. Jacki with his back to the full back just flips the ball over his head. Absolutely brilliant bit of skill  it was worth the admission fee alone.

Ipswich goal away stands out back heel.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

To think we had Jackie and Andy Cole, and Rovers still finished above us!

This will be the Roundheads argument, and it's difficult to argue with. Mind, I think I'm right in saying that it took them spending a record amount of money on a player to achieve this. And who remembers that player?

They also finished above us in 89/90, it's worth saying (from a Cavalier point of view).

• Like 1

On 30/09/2022 at 16:10, GrahamC said:

Were we stood together then?

Your memory is far better than mine if so, I thought I was with @77 punk but could have been both of you & @Merrick's Marvels too, of course.

Can't remember now. Merrick wouldn't have been there for the 0:4, not after that 0:3! 

Looking back at the stats/numbers (!) just now, the 0:4 was in the season they were relegated, something lost to me now through the mists of time. Funny old game

• Haha 1

Just now, Bristol Oil Services said:

Can't remember now. Merrick wouldn't have been there for the 0:4, not after that 0:3! 

Looking back at the stats/numbers (!) just now, the 0:4 was in the season they were relegated, something lost to me now through the mists of time. Funny old game

Yes, the 0-4 (which I think was also live on HTV) was a few days before Merrick & I wisely departed for Italy to see the Cremonese game, a very good time to be out of the UK.

It was when Malcolm Allison was briefly in charge & his arrival sparked an upturn that they thought would keep them up.

The return game, a 2-1 win with Tinnion’s first ever goal for us, effectively relegated them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yes, the 0-4 (which I think was also live on HTV) was a few days before Merrick & I wisely departed for Italy to see the Cremonese game, a very good time to be out of the UK.

It was when Malcolm Allison was briefly in charge & his arrival sparked an upturn that they thought would keep them up.

The return game, a 2-1 win with Tinnion’s first ever goal for us, effectively relegated them.

The Tinnion 2:1 I remember well, the 0:4 I have very diligently moved to less accessible parts of my mind. 

• Like 1

Great pod, listened on my 2 hour drive to Bristol yesterday. Agree with Matt W that Lumsden and Osman will never be forgiven by a large section of City fans for their (crazy, imo) decisions to sell / let go fans favourites, Bob, Bob super Bob and Jacki, respectively.

Thanks guys for the time and effort put into producing a top notch pod for City fans of all ages. Really great listen.

• Flames 1

Just wanted to say thanks so much for one of your best ever podcast's.........Jacki is, and will remain my favourite  ever City player, I was at just about every game he played, including Andy Lews testimonial (Jacki doubled the attendance).  I have come to understand why, but find it almost impossible to forgive the way Jacki was treated by City.  It is a completely different can of worms..........but IMHO Dennis Smith should have been backed, and not sacked, and the outcome could still have resulted in our staying up...........without sacrificing our greatest entertainer?   Thanks again for a classic P/C..

• Flames 1