IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match thread

Well if Norwich and Burnley were "free passes" (in the top 6 push for some fans) - this game was not.

2nd best in most areas - too many key players under performing.

Feel like Weimann is slowly slipping out of effectiveness, for me in the way he's used.

We've seen again what i've been saying since the summer - our 1st XI firing on all cylinders will give anyone a good game, delve into the subs and the squad thins massively.

I'm sorry but Martin, King, Wilson and Massengo currently not looking anywhere like top 6 players. 

Think we've found our level, as suspected. Interesting to see going forwards if the fans will accept the balance of attacking style vs sitting mid-table longer term.

Edited by Alessandro
1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

How long is James out for? Midfield could be a bit of a problem for Tuesday now.

I guess Massengo starts in place of Scott. Then you jus have decided what to do with Williams. Now Sykes can play CM. So you could use him to cover some or all of Williams' minutes and then use Wilson at RWB.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Presumably HNM comes in and then it`s whether Williams can do both games I guess. If he can`t then Sykes into the middle and Wilson in?

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

I guess Massengo starts in place of Scott. Then you jus have decided what to do with Williams. Now Sykes can play CM. So you could use him to cover some or all of Williams' minutes and then use Wilson at RWB.

Great minds!

• Like 1

Too much confusion after our goal. Shame, because QPR didn't create/press much but we wasted many promising actions: most of the subs were quite ineffective too (Semenyo for the goal, some good passes/moves by Wilson, not much by the others).

Onto the next one. COYR!

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 1

Players like Willock, Roberts and Chair for them were real good outlets and relieved any pressure they had with their carrying of the ball, feel like we didn't have any of that today.

Every time we won the ball back they were pressing us in little pockets and we couldn't build up any momentum, kudos to them they have a solid team and can see why they're up in the playoffs but we weren't on it today, too many passengers.

Can see why the starting XI doesn't change much, the bench players aren't forcing themselves in at the moment.

• Like 2

I don't know if they always set up that way but Smart coaching from the QPR side. They have played 3 up front  with 2 of them very wide ,and exploited the space we leave by playing our wing backs so high up. I would say it's the perfect way to play against us.

It also shows that Sykes is not really a wing back, he was the wrong side of his man every time. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BLRed said:

Wilson looked shattered after one run. The phase where massengo broke out with the ball, wilson couldn’t even get up to the play to support. Wonder if fitness levels have been his reason for omission.

He also bottled two big 50/50s that would’ve had us in a great position attackingwise. Sykes far more well rounded at RWB even if it’s not his natural position 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Can we stop all this ridiculous talk of pushing for the top six now? We are an inconsistent side that will finish around 16th.

Yup - i think parts of the fanbase were getting a bit carried away. It’s a shame as I genuinely think this squad is probably only 2 or 3 players away from i genuine top 6 challenge.

Be interesting to see what sort of difference Kalas makes when he finally returns. Still don’t think he will be enough though. Upper mid-table is our ceiling this season i think.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He also bottled two big 50/50s that would’ve had us in a great position attackingwise. Sykes far more well rounded at RWB even if it’s not his natural position 

Wilson seems an odd one. So much hype surrounding him over the summer and supposedly he had plenty of other options than us.
Obviously early days but he has to go down as a big disappointment thus far.

3 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Wilson seems an odd one. So much hype surrounding him over the summer and supposedly he had plenty of other options than us.
Obviously early days but he has to go down as a big disappointment thus far.

The guy doesn't look fit to me he was blowing after every run.

8 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

That’s the spirit 

I get so hacked off by brain dead posts like this. Me having a “better spirit” isn’t going to suddenly make us a better side, neither is it going to fix our defensive problems. Let’s be realistic about what we are this season. Lower mid table, hopefully we can score a few more good goals and have a decent cup run. 

6 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Be interesting to see what sort of difference Kalas makes when he finally returns

I won't hold my breath. All Nigel would say this week was that he would let us know if anything changes. The back 3 is likely to remain the same however many goals we give away.

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I won't hold my breath. All Nigel would say this week was that he would let us know if anything changes. The back 3 is likely to remain the same however many goals we give away.

I worry you might be right. Naismith is such a weak link in that back 3 it’s unreal.
Every single game i have watched him in he has been so bad defensively. I know he offers things going forward but it really doesn’t make up for what he lacks defensively IMO.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Bris Red said:

I worry you might be right. Naismith is such a weak link in that back 3 it’s unreal.
Every single game i have watched him in he has been so bad defensively. I know he offers things going forward but it really doesn’t make up for what he lacks defensively IMO.

Remember it was being reported that Nigel wanted 2 more centre backs even after Naismith and Klose had signed.

That must say something about his opinion of his current options. Unless and until we sell we are stuck with them.

• Like 1