IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match thread

15 minutes ago, Super said:

The guy doesn't look fit to me he was blowing after every run.

Agree. In 35 years of watching City, I can’t remember ever seeing a player look so out of shape and lacking match fitness. He was blowing hard after 5 mins. 
He looked great in the videos I saw just after he signed and certainly not writing him off yet, but Wilson looked like a fan plucked from the stands when he came on today. 
Bizarre.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Wilson looked shattered after one run. The phase where massengo broke out with the ball, wilson couldn’t even get up to the play to support. Wonder if fitness levels have been his reason for omission.

I noticed this also. He looked absolutely gassed and was not able to get up and down the line, leaving Massengo with no viable overlapping option.

I mean Christ, Wilson looked like he’d just run the bath half! Wtf?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Packman said:

I was in line with it and it looked absolutely miles offside, lino on that side was an absolute disgrace all game as was the ref.

I was also in line and can also confirm definitely offside. The first one was a bit iffy but the second was definitely offside. 

Keeper also handled the ball outside the box and dived into the box, should have been a free kick.

Officials were bloody awful to say the least 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty awful today. Except for the first 15-20 minutes funnily enough. They won pretty much every second ball which I feel is an effort thing. Our lot lost pretty much all composure in their third. Worst performance since we dropped Martin.

Funnily enough, speaking of Martin, did anyone else feel it was game over on the 66th minute when he was subbed on? Thought we were maybe finding some rhythm when NP made the subs which killed some momentum. 

Whoever mentioned Kane Wilson being tired after a run is spot on. Was comical Massengo out running him whilst dribbling at QPR. Idk if I am the only one here who seen it but Wilson was having a Baywatch moment because his upper torso was moving up and down if you catch my meaning. Seems very out of shape. 

This was the worry after two good performances against good sides without picking up points. The league is too unforgiving for that. Need to punish teams when you are playing better. We didn’t do that today and the first goal made the lads crumble. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Pretty awful today. Except for the first 15-20 minutes funnily enough. They won pretty much every second ball which I feel is an effort thing. Our lot lost pretty much all composure in their third. Worst performance since we dropped Martin.

Funnily enough, speaking of Martin, did anyone else feel it was game over on the 66th minute when he was subbed on? Thought we were maybe finding some rhythm when NP made the subs which killed some momentum. 

Whoever mentioned Kane Wilson being tired after a run is spot on. Was comical Massengo out running him whilst dribbling at QPR. Idk if I am the only one here who seen it but Wilson was having a Baywatch moment because his upper torso was moving up and down if you catch my meaning. Seems very out of shape. 

This was the worry after two good performances against good sides without picking up points. The league is too unforgiving for that. Need to punish teams when you are playing better. We didn’t do that today and the first goal made the lads crumble. 

Yes, I was thinking whatever the answer was to help us out, Chris Martin and Andy King weren’t it 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I agree-thought the subs straight after we scored stifled any momentum we had built. Would of liked to have waited 5-10 mins before making the subs. We completely lost our shape with Antonine out on the right for a bit and needed to make another 3 subs shortly after to sort it out. The chucking on of all our strikers when we’re chasing a game is flawed if we continually lose our shape and base to play from.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, RSW8 said:

I agree-thought the subs straight after we scored stifled any momentum we had built. Would of liked to have waited 5-10 mins before making the subs. We completely lost our shape with Antonine out on the right for a bit and needed to make another 3 subs shortly after to sort it out. The chucking on of all our strikers when we’re chasing a game is flawed if we continually lose our shape and base to play from.

Yea agree. Didn’t we not like Lee Johnson throwing a bunch of forwards on when losing? I don’t think it works personally. 

Also myself starting to question why we are persisting with Weimann. I know he had an amazing season last season but that was a different side. The work he gets through is class but I can’t help but feel we’d look better with a more natural CM. He is often playing more of a CM role than an attacking midfield role. I don’t think he has the best technical attributes in tight spaces which we now are up against having possession far more than we did last season. I feel like we’d look better with Massengo and Scott behind the strikers. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

As much as I enjoy a dig at the ref, neither him or his assistant are going to see that. VAR might have helped if they’d had this angle, the Robins TV angles were really inconclusive.

If I’m honest, it looked more conclusive than that from the middle of the Dolman! I’m surprised it was that close. 

7 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

As much as I enjoy a dig at the ref, neither him or his assistant are going to see that. VAR might have helped if they’d had this angle, the Robins TV angles were really inconclusive.

20000 people in the stadium managed to see it though, I was 50 yards away and was convinced it was handball, unfortunately the man that matters decided he hadn't seen it.

2 hours ago, redkev said:

It’s not about how good you are as a defender it’s the tools at your disposal and I’m afraid his tools arnt up to scratch . You can’t build a straight wall with a dodgy level . 

That’s true. But if you’ve got a dodgy level then you replace it.

He has had plenty of opportunity to bring in players, and has done so. So the tools are the ones he’s chosen, and the point is that you’d surely think a defender would know what to look for. He’s the 5th longest serving manager in the Championship. 

39 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Agree. In 35 years of watching City, I can’t remember ever seeing a player look so out of shape and lacking match fitness. He was blowing hard after 5 mins. 
He looked great in the videos I saw just after he signed and certainly not writing him off yet, but Wilson looked like a fan plucked from the stands when he came on today. 
Bizarre.

he pulled out of 2 tackles and looked like he either wasn't up for it to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Bizarre.

Arnold Garita at West Brom? He looked knackered by the warm up. 

Seriously though: agree. Very odd. 

• Haha 1

Linesman on the Lansdown side was drunk. 
I was watching him closely after he managed to miss the clear offside for their goal. He couldn’t walk in a straight line. 
Most lino’s have perfected the art of sideways running. He couldn’t. He was always trying to straighten up and his feet were all over the place. The bloke literally could not run! 
After his appalling non-call for their goal (of which there was actually 2 offsides - one on the free kick 10 seconds before), there was another incident on about 75 mins where the ref looked at him to make a decision and the guy just shrugged his shoulders! 
I know we’ve had our fair share of shit officials of late, which in many cases I think we’re often a tad over dramatic, but I’m telling you, this lino needs investigating - I swear he was drunk. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, italian dave said:

He has had plenty of opportunity to bring in players, and has done so. So the tools are the ones he’s chosen, and the point is that you’d surely think a defender would know what to look for. He’s the 5th longest serving manager in the Championship. 

The tools are the ones available to buy on the available budget. If you can’t afford a Snap On spanner you may just have to buy one from Stanley or maybe pick up what ever is laying around. Metaphorically speaking. 

16 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea agree. Didn’t we not like Lee Johnson throwing a bunch of forwards on when losing? I don’t think it works personally. 

Also myself starting to question why we are persisting with Weimann. I know he had an amazing season last season but that was a different side. The work he gets through is class but I can’t help but feel we’d look better with a more natural CM. He is often playing more of a CM role than an attacking midfield role. I don’t think he has the best technical attributes in tight spaces which we now are up against having possession far more than we did last season. I feel like we’d look better with Massengo and Scott behind the strikers. 

Funnily enough, I think weimann is more effective with Martin who drops deep into the hole (thus bringing a defender with him out of the pocket) and allows the space in behind for Weimann to run into.

As much as I enjoy the conway/wells partnership (or semenyo when he comes on) and definitely feel it is the way forward, Weimann has not been as effective during this period as the strikers are already making those runs in behind and down the sides which stifles Weimann.

It’s all part of the football ‘trade-off’ at the end of the day but makes for interesting analysis for us on a Saturday evening!

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Who says he hasn’t tried , perhaps there were no spirit levels left or they were out of stock .

agreed though our inability to keep a clean sheet is deffo gonna hold us back this season