IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match thread

1 minute ago, collier said:

Yea we got away with one there. 3-0 is game over but stranger things have happened than clawing back a 2 goal deficit.

I think DB pulls his challenge as he sees the flag up. He definitely knows its been given offside before the balls in the net. It would be unlike him not to get into the player more on a 1:1. 

As bad a half as we have had these season. Up to the first goal maybe edged it, but since then battered really.

Too many players making mistakes, just a really bad day at the office. Overall maybe lucky to be just the two down. 
Ho hum. Hopefully we are better second half. Looked a very poor side in that 45.

20 minutes ago, maxjak said:

So sorry to be a pedant.........but how can someone spend 15 years as a top defender, and then not be capable of setting up and organising a defensive unit. I don;t get it?

It’s not about how good you are as a defender it’s the tools at your disposal and I’m afraid his tools arnt up to scratch . You can’t build a straight wall with a dodgy level . 

3 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

I think DB pulls his challenge as he sees the flag up. He definitely knows its been given offside before the balls in the net. It would be unlike him not to get into the player more on a 1:1. 

Did the ref ignore the flag and award the goal or  was he playing an advantage?

(Not watching match!)

20 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

You can coach and set them up, you can’t control what they do on the pitch. 

I appreciate he is limited in his defensive choices, due to injuries.   That is part of the problem, as i am sure he would like to make changes.......but cannot due to lack of options?

1 minute ago, redkev said:

It’s not about how good you are as a defender it’s the tools at your disposal and I’m afraid his tools arnt up to scratch . You can’t build a straight wall with a dodgy level . 

Yep..the limited options at he back due to injuries and lack of finance will derail our season IMHO.

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

I appreciate he is limited in his defensive choices, due to injuries.   That is part of the problem, as i am sure he would like to make changes.......but cannot due to lack of options?

Pretty much this, all 3 fit CBs are on the pitch, Nige said he wanted to bring another CB in. Kalas can’t come back quick enough, although I hope his injury isn’t one of those that brings him back a different player especially with the length it is seemingly take him to come back.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't care what anyone else thinks, but some of our fans are a bunch of ***** the way they turn on the team.

I'm not happy with the performance but I dont see how booing a team at half time is going to motivate the players to do better.

We started off brightly enough and could have scored from Vyner's header.

However Weimann is way off the pace, Nakhi's hardly touched it and Conway has been ineffective and cost us a goal towards the end by not squaring to Wells who would surely have scored.

I think Williams has been good and Scott is doing his bit.

Naismith is a liability and needs a word.

I'd get Weiman and Conway off for Martin and Semenyo

Disappointing first half for us.

We started well, with bright passing and solid defending...and with more accuracy in their area we could have been ahead; then an unlucky goal against the run of play gave them confidence, we became quite shaky on the ball and the difference in speed between their attack and our defenders/midfielders gave them another goal and a constant threat, but we resister somehow; Conway could have halfed the deficit by finding Wells at the end, but made the wrong choice.

In the second half I'd bring in Massengo and maybe Wilson/Tanner, whereas I'm not sure about the striker: the easy choice would be Semenyo for Conway, but given that we need also a tactical change,maybe Martin could be more suited to this game.

EDIT: Semenyo on.

Edited by Dan Robin