IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers at home match thread

On 30/09/2022 at 12:40, Jerseybean said:

Good day fellow-Reds. The first game in a block of 12 games before the World Cup and a welcome return to Ashton Gate as we face QPR, its more than month ago since we last played there. There is a national train strike on Saturday so their fans may be stuck on the M4 for a couple of hours.

NP has said ‘We'd like to be around the top six when we get to the next break which is the World Cup, we've got a lot of games coming up and it's really important that we are still in a positive position when the next break comes along. That's going to take a lot of hard work from everybody in terms of trying to keep the squad fit and available and making sure our performance levels remain high. If we get to that break in a good position then I think we have more reasons to be optimistic.’

Nigel ‘there are reasons to be optimistic’ Pearson: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/we-need-to-sustain-our-levels-pearson/

We are likely to be without Matty James and Timm Klose who are both carrying injuries. They expect to be boosted by the return of three key first team operators. Defender Jake Clarke-Salter is in line for selection as well as the midfield duo of Luke Amos and Taylor Richards with the latter making just one appearance since his return to Loftus Road on-loan from Brighton and Hove Albion.

They parted company with Mark Warburton at the end of last season. On 1st June they appointed Aston Villa assistant manager Michael Beale as their new head coach. The 41-year-old agreed a three-year contract at Loftus Road. He ended his playing career at 21 to become a coach and spent time working in academies at Chelsea and Liverpool. "I've been looking for the right opportunity and I think I have that now - the right club, the right people, the right ambition and the right support," Beale told the QPR website at the time of his appointment. "I'm a London boy and know everything this club stands for. This is a wonderful opportunity for me and a really good time for the club as well."

Les Ferdinand MBE is their director of football.

They’ve had some quality players over the years and here a journalist, come life-long fan, offers thoughts on their all time best team, http://thememorystore.net/news/2015/05/my-greatest-ever-qpr-xi-journalist-john-crowley-who-first-saw-hoops-play-aged-three

Stan Bowles features he once uttered one of football's most famous quotes: ‘I blew the lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic.’ Sadly he is now struggling with Alzeimer's Disease and requiring full-time care, these two articles give a flavour of his colourful past and his desperately sad present situation: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9115627/Stan-Bowles-Don-Shanks-led-thrilling-lives-Stans-Alzheimers-battle-wiped-memories.htmland https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8636582/stan-bowles-qpr-legend/

Got me thinking about who would appear in the  best Bristol City XI ever team….

Last season both games ended 2-1

Always enjoy reading these, but not having that Maynard goal in the video reel, feels a shocking omission :) 

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, maxjak said:

WTF..............Has Cameron done to be constantly ignored?

Probably when he offered the EU referendum in the Tory manifesto in 2013! 

7 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

With a fresh black eye and smashed nose according to someone who saw him get off the team bus

Obviously players are having to fight for a first team place these days.

Edited by downendcity
  • Haha 2

Pearson could have given Semenyo a go today. Surely can’t be too long before he starts.  Not surprised Williams is back for James.  Those asking about Pring…he can’t be performing in training or else he’d be on the bench. There is space for him as cover for LWB but Pearson has shown before he won’t just put players on the bench if they don’t deserve it 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Pearson could have given Semenyo a go today. Surely can’t be too long before he starts.  Not surprised Williams is back for James.  Those asking about Pring…he can’t be performing in training or else he’d be on the bench. There is space for him as cover for LWB but Pearson has shown before he won’t just put players on the bench if they don’t deserve it 

Game on Tuesday too mind, maybe he starts v Cov?