IGNORED

David Bentley

Logical-City

10 hours ago, Logical-City said:

At what point do people start to recognise that Frankie Fielding was better ? And that our next signing should be a keeper? Sorry he can make all the random world class saves he wants but give me a steady reliable safe hands keeper all day  ? 

Are you sure you don't mean Fenella Fielding?

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Bet you’re glad you didn’t get a ticket. 

Besides the point keep our League 2 standard Keeper behind the sticks then don’t mind me!

Lets just make up conspiracy theories up about Ashton and Lee Johnson behind the scenes as the reason we get spanked by Birmingham and bypassed by Wigan,Blackpool,Swansea,Brentford, Bournemouth and others (All have been Premier League Teams)while we flirt with lower points of the Championship and get told it’s normal by Pearson ????

You lot are all bin men most likely unambitious at life unambitious at football maybe we are a Rugby town

Edited by Logical-City
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I see the second goal as being one he couldn’t do anything about.  The first and third he is as culpable as one or two other players.

First one, he back-pedals and stops.  If he continues and tries to punch, there’s a good chance he puts Trusty off as a minimum.

Third one, great delivery, but what is he doing, that’s his all-day long.

There is no doubt in my mind:

• he is better than O’Leary 
  • he is capable of making fantastic saves, and does so regularly
  • he is a totally capable Championship keeper for where we are currently

but, he doesn’t command his area, and I think that creates a lack of confidence in those in-front of him.

As for the OP, Frank Fielding suffered from exactly the same problems too, as does Max.

For me the best keeper we’ve had since we’ve been back in the Champ was Maenpaa.  For me he had the perfect all-round “game”.  Was big too.  He didn’t really need to make big saves, just calm and composed.  It’s a shame Lucic didn’t put the effort in, because he was a great build too, good with both feet and had that bit of confidence too.

If so the OP is insinuating Bents is my favourite player, I’m not sure what they’ve been drinking / smoking.

I agree with @LondonBristolianthat there is a gap for a better keeper.  I hope Bajic can fill that gap.

Its a shame the best two keepers in Lg1 (Cooper and Walton) will be out of our budget range.  

Yes, agree with nearly all of that and I’ve always been a fan of Bents.

Maybe I’m being harsh but for the second goal but from our view just behind it felt like time seemed to stop and we were all waiting for our keeper to appear and dive on it, clear it at least do something but he didn’t seem to react at all. Most around us were of the same opinion but I haven’t seen it back from any other view.

As I said, I can’t comment on O’Leary as I haven’t personally seen him play for however many months he was last in favour. Hopefully he’s continued his improvement but am happy for Nige to make that decision.

Next time we’re playing at St Andrews I’m borrowing your SatNav and taking my clubs .

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned?
I know it sounds absurd
Please tell me who I am

Simple man?

You do realise we have conceded more goals than any team?

?is he your cousin brother I’m curious how the buck just stops with the back 4 couldn’t possibly be the keeper????? 2+2 is still 4 right 

Edited by Logical-City

1 minute ago, Logical-City said:

Simple man?

You do realise we have conceded more goals than any team?

?is he your cousin brother I’m curious how the buck just stops with the back 4 couldn’t possibly be the keeper????? 2+2 is still 4 right 

Bentley is GOD

Premier League teams must be circling 

???Jokers

Edited by Logical-City

Just now, Logical-City said:

Bentley is crap ? 

get over it 3 managers dropped him Brentford got rid and got promoted 

Take the posters off your walls

He’s not crap.

Is he top drawer?  Nope.  And no he’s not gonna get a PL gig…unless he’s happy to not play unless emergency.

Is he top-end Champ?  Nope.

He’s an adequate Champ keeper.  If you think he’s Lg2, you wanna watch some of them.

If we have aspirations to go up (at some point) we will need better.  At the mo’, we can’t afford to replace.

So what do you do in our situation?

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s not crap.

Is he top drawer?  Nope.  And no he’s not gonna get a PL gig…unless he’s happy to not play unless emergency.

Is he top-end Champ?  Nope.

He’s an adequate Champ keeper.  If you think he’s Lg2, you wanna watch some of them.

If we have aspirations to go up (at some point) we will need better.  At the mo’, we can’t afford to replace.

So what do you do in our situation?

Oh he is crap I assure you

Bentley is not as good as some say he is, and probably not as bad as others say he is.

For me, he's a pretty average keeper, nothing more, nothing less. Seen a lot better, seen a lot worse.

Overall, he's probably not as good as he thinks he is.

A good mate of mine thinks Bentley is a Nissan Micra in disguise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

The moment we replace him behind the sticks our consistent form will see an upturn as Johnson and Holden found out too late 

That is indeed a distinct possibility….depending on who replaces him.

Did you rate Maenpaa?

1 minute ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Bentley is not as good as some say he is, and probably not as bad as others say he is.

For me, he's a pretty average keeper, nothing more, nothing less. Seen a lot better, seen a lot worse.

Overall, he's probably not as good as he thinks he is.

A good mate of mine thinks Bentley is a Nissan Micra in disguise.

I’d say more a Renault Megane….good when it’s a running but shit electrics.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

The moment we replace him behind the sticks our consistent form will see an upturn as Johnson and Holden found out too late 

Better get your wallet out then sunshine, as the club haven’t got a pot to piss in right now!  

If on the other hand, you’re better than him and willing to play for free, offer your services and get them gloves on!!!

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is indeed a distinct possibility….depending on who replaces him.

Did you rate Maenpaa?

I’d say more a Renault Megane….good when it’s a running but shit electrics.

Yes Maenpaa was better never put a foot wrong with the basics which is what you need, get that right and you won’t require the last ditch defending and reaction saves he encourages with his game 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Daniel Bentley is the championship goalkeeper who has faced the 4th highest number of shots on target.

He's allowed the 3rd highest number of goals per 90 minutes.

His save % is 63% which is low compared to his peers, most of who have a save % of around 70%.

But he's also face the 5th highest xG from open play, and the 2nd highest xG from set pieces.

Levelling all blame for our concessions at his door is to grossly ignore the fact that he's faced a very high number of decent shots and chances. Those shots and chances are allowed by the 10 other players in our team.

He's a solid goalkeeper, we'd struggle to replace him with equal or better, and he's obviously better than Frankie Fielding.

He was poor yesterday. Yes, we do have problems defensively but there is no way you can say that Bentley shouldn’t take a share of the responsibility for that, especially when you look at games like Wigan and yesterday. I can guarantee that Nige would have asked either him and/or Pat Mountain a few questions after 5pm yesterday.

3 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Better get your wallet out then sunshine, as the club haven’t got a pot to piss in right now!  

If on the other hand, you’re better than him and willing to play for free, offer your services and get them gloves on!!!

Don’t need a wallet get a youth team player or reserve in there he is a fraud I promise you he will be dropped soon for our new keeper we signed in the summer Pearson isn’t daft 

49 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Besides the point keep our League 2 standard Keeper behind the sticks then don’t mind me!

Lets just make up conspiracy theories up about Ashton and Lee Johnson behind the scenes as the reason we get spanked by Birmingham and bypassed by Wigan,Blackpool,Swansea,Brentford, Bournemouth and others (All have been Premier League Teams)while we flirt with lower points of the Championship and get told it’s normal by Pearson ????

You lot are all bin men most likely unambitious at life unambitious at football maybe we are a Rugby town

Who is paying for your ambition out of interest?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Logical-City said:

Don’t need a wallet get a youth team player or reserve in there he is a fraud I promise you he will be dropped soon for our new keeper we signed in the summer Pearson isn’t daft 

The problem we’ve got is Max is really a stop gap keeper at our level and we don’t know yet whether Bajic is ready. If he isn’t then Nige will go with the lesser of evils, rightly so.

• Like 2

I recalled a similar fascination amongst fans and pundits with Steve Phillips another flapper but in a lower league, what happened when we dropped him after 6 seasons of bottling and showboat random saves to cover up for the basic errors and anxiety he spread amongst defenders 

we got promoted and made a championship play off final

Im not saying that will happen just saying Daniel or David Bentley is crap

Edited by Logical-City

13 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

…. and you know he’s ready to throw into a seriously struggling team??

Get that one wrong and the Brum game could pale into insignificance and destroy a young career.

Bentley is far from perfect and don’t reckon there’s anyone denying that, but there are just as many issues elsewhere on the pitch.

To put in terms some of you may understand Bentley is as bad in Goal as you believe the Hitler of football management and figure of irrational hate Lee Johnson to be in management 

Hope that helps you understand the communicative ****** we have between the sticks currently 

And before you say LJ signed him he also dropped him and I would love to have been privy to the conversation him and Pearson had when he was dropped for quote “form” last year I’m sure that conversation would have had some of you guys in tears ? 

Edited by Logical-City

12 hours ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Great shot stopper but very poor at being a presence during set Pieces. Looking forward to Bajic being fit and hopefully seeing some decent competition in the gk position.

Have to agree,, weve been poor defensively for a few years, and bentley seems to get away with it,,, hopefully bajic is the answer

• Like 2