IGNORED

Ronaldo

Super

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

They wanted to offload pre season but Ego boy was a bit surprised that no one wanted him 

He was keen on a CL only club iirc.

One I think could have been a useful fit, would have been a return to his initial club of Sporting- back where it began and indeed try to take them onto new heights (by their standards) in the CL but beneath him?

That was his 1st club though iirc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He was keen on a CL only club iirc.

One I think could have been a useful fit, would have been a return to his initial club of Sporting- back where it began and indeed try to take them onto new heights (by their standards) in the CL but beneath him?

That was his 1st club though iirc.

He’s simply not worth the money anymore Mr P

Alright if you want to completely set your team up around his wishes, and wants ,  I guess 

No ta

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

He’s simply not worth the money anymore Mr P

Alright if you want to completely set your team up around his wishes, and wants ,  I guess 

No ta

Fair. Yeah he would want things done to his specs.

Napoli were apparently wondering at one stage but decided against in the end, wanted to focus on building a younger squad.

https://www.90min.com/posts/cristiano-ronaldo-why-napoli-didnt-make-transfer-approach/

None of the richer, more established clubs made a serious play for him afaik.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ten Hag confirms Ego Boy refused to come on when asked to

Disgrace - I’d never have him anywhere near the First Team again 

That's even worse than just buggering off.

His ego has no limit it seems. More to being a great than just scoring lots of goals. He tarnishes his own legacy with this sort behaviour.

He's probably the best 37 year old footballer in the world but he is 37. I think he'd be in a similar postion with most elite European clubs. He should of signed for Celtic, goals galore, would play most weeks and European football!

21 hours ago, Super said:

Dropped from the squad for Chelsea game. Surely he's done at Man U. Fully deserved imo

Why just drop him? Not so long back he'd be stuck in the reserves for a few weeks playing in front of perhaps 300 spectators.

21 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Hope he gets injured while training on his own, and fails to make the world cup.

Let's see him cry again.

Have a word with yourself. What an idiotic comment amongst a fairly poor set of opinions. 

Did he handle walking away well, no. Will he leave Man Utd, most likely. Is he still one of the biggest names in football/the world - well ask yourself why you are reading this. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

24 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Have a word with yourself. What an idiotic comment amongst a fairly poor set of opinions. 

Did he handle walking away well, no. Will he leave Man Utd, most likely. Is he still one of the biggest names in football/the world - well ask yourself why you are reading this. 

With respect Heinz,plenty of people would be happy seeing Ronaldo fall flat on his face,including myself. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedHienz said:

You have a word with yourself, pal.

Is he still one of the best players in the world ? Yes, he is.

Is he still an arrogant tosser ? Yes, he is.

Edited by The Gasbuster

45 minutes ago, Slacker said:

With respect Heinz,plenty of people would be happy seeing Ronaldo fall flat on his face,including myself. 

Fail is one thing injury is another, suspect more wish to see him succeed but it's all opinions :)

24 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

You have a word with yourself, pal.

Is he still one of the best players in the world ? Yes, he is.

Is he still an arrogant tosser ? Yes, he is.

Wise up. You are a grown man hoping someone gets injured. 

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Wonder what desperate measures he will take to keep in the spotlight now that his football career is winding down?

Stand for leadership of the Tory party?

Although that might not keep him in the spotlight for that long!

Edited by downendcity
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, RedHienz said:

Fail is one thing injury is another, suspect more wish to see him succeed but it's all opinions :)

Wise up. You are a grown man hoping someone gets injured. 

How about just a slight injury?Just enough to keep him out of the World Cup.Actually,with how things are going for him at the moment it may be interesting to see how much game time he gets in Qatar. 

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

How about just a slight injury?Just enough to keep him out of the World Cup.Actually,with how things are going for him at the moment it may be interesting to see how much game time he gets in Qatar. 

Put him in the travelling Europa Squad for the next game in Cyprus , then either don’t include him in the Match Day Squad 

or

Start him , and sub him after 3 mins

3 minutes ago, Slacker said:

:D

It's a good point and I'm sure the UK rags will push that; I can see him starting every game - he is focal to the setup. Portugal has a great squad on paper and a lot will depend on how he leads the line. 

Realistically last time at a WC we will see him, Messi and potentially Neymar (now there is a proper cesspit of a human)  

Keane post match Chelsea game ?

Neville (quite rightly IMHO) criticising Ronaldo behaviour

Keane reveals , despite Neville spluttering , that Nevilles buddy Paul Scholes refused to play for a United previously

Neville had to agree ?

Also points out Rio dodged a drug test

Going hammer and tongs while Jimmy Floyd sits in the middle feeling very awkward ?

I think ‘very heated debate’ covers it - great watch

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Champfan45 said:

Not sure I understand the earring thing. What's that all about 

It's about attention, and a bit of "look at me!" I got me ears pierced in 1982, just for that. Worked a treat! Girlies loved it. Teachers hated it. Result! Did one ear the old fashioned way, ice cube behind and through with a needle. Ouch. Should've made a preparatory hole with a bradawl first. School boy error. After that, got the other - the right ear, that was considered a bit "gay" back in them days, a little bit out there - one done proper job, in a shop in Broadmead. 

Moved on to DIY tatts after that, another school boy error (although I wasn't at school by then). That's another "look at me!" "Because I'm worth it" thing, tatts. Every one's got a bloody tatt nowadays, yer local vicar, yer lady administering yer covid jab this morning, yer Liz Trust - I bet she's got "Growth" tattooed on her bleedin arse or somewhere. And ear rings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Keane post match Chelsea game ?

Neville (quite rightly IMHO) criticising Ronaldo behaviour

Keane reveals , despite Neville spluttering , that Nevilles buddy Paul Scholes refused to play for a United previously

Neville had to agree ?

Also points out Rio dodged a drug test

Going hammer and tongs while Jimmy Floyd sits in the middle feeling very awkward ?

I think ‘very heated debate’ covers it - great watch

Superb watch. 

Ferdinand was showing his blinded loyalties on BT sport earlier. Fair play to Crouch for responding. 

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

It's about attention, and a bit of "look at me!" I got me ears pierced in 1982, just for that. Worked a treat! Girlies loved it. Teachers hated it. Result! Did one ear the old fashioned way, ice cube behind and through with a needle. Ouch. Should've made a preparatory hole with a bradawl first. School boy error. After that, got the other - the right ear, that was considered a bit "gay" back in them days, a little bit out there - one done proper job, in a shop in Broadmead. 

Moved on to DIY tatts after that, another school boy error (although I wasn't at school by then). That's another "look at me!" "Because I'm worth it" thing, tatts. Every one's got a bloody tatt nowadays, yer local vicar, yer lady administering yer covid jab this morning, yer Liz Trust - I bet she's got "Growth" tattooed on her bleedin arse or somewhere. And ear rings.

That's cool. I just didn't get why people would be upset about him wearing an earring. I don't have any issue with it personally 

8 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

I pierced my ears myself, one with a needle (no ice) and second one with a piercing stud. Needle not ideal because you have to remove it to put the earring in, so hurts a bit. Piercing stud just goes in and stays in. Lots of salt water.

7 hours ago, Champfan45 said:

That's cool. I just didn't get why people would be upset about him wearing an earring. I don't have any issue with it personally 

We had to wear plasters over them when playing sport at school so they wouldn’t get ripped out. Perhaps Ronaldo could do the same?!