IGNORED

Swansea City at home match thread

8 minutes ago, tin said:

A point was a fair reflection of the game, and Andre Marriner was excellent IMO. Semenyo should’ve buried that golden chance early on, but Swansea created bugger all despite their possession. 

Weird how people see things. I thought the ref was ******* awful. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, redkev said:

You must be one of if the most negative posters on here ( which is your right with this being a forum ) but can you not see this team is definitely making progress albeit very slowly , our displays are very very inconsistent been some very good been some very very poor ( Birmingham & reading ) however when Pearson first took over we could barely get in the oppositions half . I can see light at the end of the tunnel even if it is a long tunnel. 

The channel tunnel is shorter pal 

A bit unlucky today: overall we deserved more IMO.

Shame, because our first half's performance was really good, and despite not finding the second goal, we coped well with Swansea's increased attacking possession in the second half: one deflected strike, and it's 1-1. ? Some free kick calls by the referee (gifted or not given) didn't help either.

Two points dropped but a good performance: pressing worked until the energies dropped, the emergency defensive trio did well, the ConWells partnership produced another goal (Tommy my MOTM), James was class, etc. 

Hopefully we'll be more clinical and lucky in other games...

Edited by Dan Robin
20 minutes ago, maxjak said:

WTF is wrong with Semenyo........since he was called up for Ghana, he has regressed?

0 composure. Can imagine he's pretty pissed off he will get barely if any at all time on the pitch for Ghana.

Thought we looked good until the subs. Was impressed with pring and tanner. Sykes was awful and Conway motm for me

6 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

0 composure. Can imagine he's pretty pissed off he will get barely if any at all time on the pitch for Ghana.

Thought we looked good until the subs. Was impressed with pring and tanner. Sykes was awful and Conway motm for me

Yep........at last Pring given a chance to prove himself, i am so pleased that he played well.  IMHO, i think he has been poorly treated by NP, i hope he will now be given a run of games?

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Would’ve been happy with a point pre-march but ultimately leaving stadium annoyed.

Thought we were the better team up until our goal, and then we just… stopped pressing or doing anything that was working well?

Subs were poor and when the inevitable equaliser came, they looked like the only team who could win it.

Frustrated today, I lay all the blame on Pearson for his tactics and substitutions today. Killed the game.

Frustrated after that.

Not sure why you got a laughing emoji for this mate, I think you’re spot on.  I accept that Semenyo was not having his best game, but the fact is that we were keeping their back line occupied and frequently pushing them back.  From the moment he took Semenyo and Wells off (Wells - why??) Swansea were able to come forward at will, and from the moment Swansea scored there was no way we were going to win that game.  Very frustrating, because we should have taken all three points.  What on earth were Martin and Bell going to offer in places of Semenyo and Wells?

I’ve seen Sam Bell on many occasions now and sadly I still can’t see a league player there.  Happy to be proved wrong, but he showed nothing today.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, tin said:

It’s all about opinions and I thought he did well, second only to the ref we had at WBA. Why awful out of interest? 

Inconsistent, gave little things like nudges and pulls one minute, then ignored them the next. Gave a foul against Scott in the first half, but missed several similar incidents in the second half, for both teams I’d add. 

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’ve seen Sam Bell on many occasions now and sadly I still can’t see a league player there.  Happy to be proved wrong, but he showed nothing today.

I said the same about Zak and seems like slowly, but surely,  I am being proved wrong, and I presently have same opinion as you on Sam Bell as he seems 'light weight'. Point is he has the chance to improve and may yet come good, but he currently seems miles away from a championship player but..

16 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Not sure why you got a laughing emoji for this mate, I think you’re spot on.  I accept that Semenyo was not having his best game, but the fact is that we were keeping their back line occupied and frequently pushing them back.  From the moment he took Semenyo and Wells off (Wells - why??) Swansea were able to come forward at will, and from the moment Swansea scored there was no way we were going to win that game.  Very frustrating, because we should have taken all three points.  What on earth were Martin and Bell going to offer in places of Semenyo and Wells?

Agree with you and with @Bryans Left Peg, exactly how I saw it. Now I’m waiting for my laughing emoji too. 

• Haha 1