IGNORED

Swansea City at home match thread

No matter what anyone says today the back 3 have been brilliant, not often I'll say that about Vyner but he's been great too. 

Would had been a win had we left players unmarked on a corner but that shouldn't be the job of the back three. 

Prior to kick off I would have snatched a point so cannot complain but as per usual, despite being at home, we were hanging on.. Frustrating that we can't finish a match on a high! 

• Like 3

Would’ve been happy with a point pre-march but ultimately leaving stadium annoyed.

Thought we were the better team up until our goal, and then we just… stopped pressing or doing anything that was working well?

Subs were poor and when the inevitable equaliser came, they looked like the only team who could win it.

Frustrated today, I lay all the blame on Pearson for his tactics and substitutions today. Killed the game.

Frustrated after that.

Edited by Bryans Left Peg
Typos
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Don’t even get me started on the subs

You must be one of if the most negative posters on here ( which is your right with this being a forum ) but can you not see this team is definitely making progress albeit very slowly , our displays are very very inconsistent been some very good been some very very poor ( Birmingham & reading ) however when Pearson first took over we could barely get in the oppositions half . I can see light at the end of the tunnel even if it is a long tunnel. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Very hard fought point. Will take that. Some really good defensive play and always gave themselves a chance.

I agree Swansea I thought were an attractive side without much substance.

Take a point I think the only things that disappointed me was the lack of ambition after going a goal up- and also one of wells or semenyo should have stayed on.

Points like today really add up at season end

• Like 1
Just now, AshtonRobin21 said:

I would have taken a point before kick-off. 

But I found it so frustrating how we lost all of our attacking threat once they equalised. 

They would have left gaps for us to counter-attack in the later stages. Semenyo and Conway would have been able to exploit the gaps. 

Decent match in fairness. Always easy in hindsight but wonder if Semenyo is better at the moment coming on with 30 to go.

Thought we worked incredibly hard without the ball and back three were very solid. Made them score a goal that needed a good finish. Only some good play stoped them creating more, but in hindsight Swansea were pleasing on the eye but did not end up creating that much in terms of clear chances. Sometimes if it’s got a bit wrong it’s important to at least get the point, which in fairness I thought we deserved.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Mr Negativiyy also posted we would get stuffed pre game

Yes I did notice that , criticism where it’s due but ffs give the players a chance .

thought we were decent against a good side it goes to show how much we have improved over 18 months that we are disappointed with a draw , as for backs to the wall once they equalised with our record for conceding goals late that was always gonna happen , if you have played any standard of football you know sometimes that just how it is regardless of what ever you try to do 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1
Just now, maxjak said:

Unless we scored a 2nd goal ........an equalising goal was always likely. Swansea are a very good team, so a draw, although disappointing, is a good result.

Tell you what I thought the best result was , not the 1-1 scoreline

But the performance of some of the younger players who haven’t found game time
and the return to some form and good signs from others

??

• Like 9