IGNORED

Sheffield United at home match thread

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Chris Martin has stopped offering us what he used to. Wouldn’t be too disappointed if he was replaced in January but not sure how easy that’d be.

To be fair, coming on for a few minutes every now and then won't be of any help to him (or any other player).

But it was a pointless substitution imo.

Better team lost tonight, it happens.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1
Just now, ralphindevon said:

Chris Martin has stopped offering us what he used to. Wouldn’t be too disappointed if he was replaced in January but not sure how easy that’d be.

Pretty easy I'd say , as Mrs Downend is out of contract and doing nothing else after Christmas.

Despite 2 knee replacements she's pretty mobile for a 66 year old so would seem a like for like replacement. :)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Yeah the ref wasn’t great but we didn’t not win because of the ref.  Their keeper has had Jack all to do 

Bullshit. They should had been down to 10, their goal was offside and we had a decent shout for a pen. We lost because of the referee.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

Poor comentary from Sky, I am like fuking exploding of anger. This Sheffield United I hope they go up do same as Forrest spending and then going bankrupt...they are a disgrace, a mess of a team. They think a team promote like that ?, Wasting time since min 55.

About our play:

It was a good looking build up play most of the time apart from crosses. Some players showed good quality, Tanner was very good even Pring.

It was a game that we couldn't win becuse the Karma wanted to not win. Everything was against us this night, and the officials also, with that CLEAR OFFSIDE goal. How can a stupid line man think if he doesn't touch that ball he is not activating the offside position.... FIRE HIM or send him to Vannarama.

You have to admit that playing from the back, short passes, trying to build up, moving faster across the pitch suits our players better, if we play this system we will get wins eventually. But we must send Martin to the second team, he has no business to Play in Championship anymore.

The relegation positions are close but I don't think we will go there. We have quality players and if Nigel makes them move on the pitch like tonight, we will get enough wins.

**** SHEFFIELD, they are on my blacklist now hope they fall from top 6 soon.

3 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Bullshit. They should had been down to 10, their goal was offside and we had a decent shout for a pen. We lost because of the referee.

..... and the groundsman putting too many coats of paint on the goalposts and bar.

2 minutes ago, Mihai said:

Poor comentary from Sky, I am like fuking exploding of anger. This Sheffield United I hope they go up do same as Forrest spending and then going bankrupt...they are a disgrace, a mess of a team. They think a team promote like that ?, Wasting time since min 55.

About our play:

It was a good looking build up play most of the time apart from crosses. Some players showed good quality, Tanner was very good even Pring.

It was a game that we couldn't win becuse the Karma wanted to not win. Everything was against us this night, and the officials also, with that CLEAR OFFSIDE goal. How can a stupid line man think if he doesn't touch that ball he is not activating the offside position.... FIRE HIM or send him to Vannarama.

You have to admit that playing from the back, short passes, trying to build up, moving faster across the pitch suits our players better, if we play this system we will get wins eventually. But we must send Martin to the second team, he has no business to Play in Championship anymore.

The relegation positions are close but I don't think we will go there. We have quality players and if Nigel makes them move on the pitch like tonight, we will get enough wins.

**** SHEFFIELD, they are on my blacklist now hope they fall from top 6 soon.

Which is it? ?

The ref was shit - no doubt. But we are still not streetwise enough. We don’t “get in” the ear of the ref enough, and that matters. When  basham was getting treatment Robinson was in the refs ear, pointing out all the things he thought were wrong, ref was smiling and had a little cuddle before it restarted. Things like this matter. We need to influence more, and moan less. Frustrating and yet again we have officials who imo lost control of the game.

the offside was blatant, sharp knew. 

also - the ref was always ok to book a player, but didn’t want to know once any of their lads had been booked. I hope he reads this (minimal chance haha) cos he is a spineless weasel. 

12 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Arghghghgh! That was incredibly frustrating to watch; very sore to have lost that as they barely created anything all night. We hit post and bar and had other near misses as well. Pretty decent display despite losing. Lost our heads in stoppage time though.

Another stonewall pen turned down. What do we have to do to be awarded a spot-kick?

Hardly a stonewall penalty.  Looked 50:50 on Sky.

1 minute ago, grifty said:

Which is it? ?

Any of it is good. Disgrace of a team, I almost felt bad (only in that moment) that Tanner didn't put that guy out of football for 6 months.

I am happy it didn't happened but that much hate I had towards them in that moment...

Football can take out the worst from the fans haha...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RedM said:

I feel more gutted to have lost today than pretty much any of our other losses. We didn't deserve that result tonight.

I feel the opposite, one of those nights, hit the bar, hit the post, hit the keeper, lost to a dodgy goal in a game where the ref has lost all control 

• Like 2