IGNORED

Sheffield United at home match thread

Just now, grifty said:

That was easily the worst refereeing/officals performance I think I've ever seen. How Norwoods knee high challenge studs first into Williams knee was not even noticed.

Sheff Utd were the worst team apart from us I've seen in at least 3 seasons. How they won that game and are anywhere near the top of of the league is scandalous. I will enjoy watching them not make anything of this season.

Indeed. They were absolutely dire, they must be walking away from that wondering how they have even managed a point let alone all 3. As you said scandalous how they are anywhere near the top.

• Like 1
Just now, TomF said:

Well the usual lot on here will be delighted 

Here's the thing, we have every right to be pissed off today, but not at the players as they've given their all, the only criticism we can have with them is the lack of clinical finishing. In terms of organisation, determination, heart etc the lads have gone all out and come away having been hard done by.

With regards to the referee, well, didn't control the game when it came to time wasting, caused massive frustration with the lack of booking the Sheffield United players for deliberately wasting time and on top of that he never gave us a penalty that was clear as day. I mean at this point I am genuinely wondering if our club has done something to annoy the referees which the fans don't know about because my mind is boggled. 

• Like 2

The championship is tough.

Small margins are vitally important.

So why the **** do officials continually make it even tougher for us and create all the small margins for opposition teams?:grr:

P.S. Thought we did very well tonight and deserved a lot more from the game and a lot more than the ref gave us. Apart from the 10 minutes after the break when they scored and did look dangerous, I though e were by far the better team. Unfortunately we are currently going through a spell where our strikers ( who couldn't stop scoring earlier in the season) just can't buy a goal.

• Like 4
Just now, Robin101 said:

Worried that we’ll be dragged into a proper relegation battle, lose confidence, become shit and boring again. 

Got to be honest the bottom half of the league is starting to look a bit of a concern now. We have played at least 1 more game than most and teams like West Brom, Boro  Coventry etc are starting to pick up wins now.

A relegation battle is a distinct possibility this season i fear.

• Like 1

Arghghghgh! That was incredibly frustrating to watch; very sore to have lost that as they barely created anything all night. We hit post and bar and had other near misses as well. Pretty decent display despite losing. Lost our heads in stoppage time though.

Another stonewall pen turned down. What do we have to do to be awarded a spot-kick?