IGNORED

Sheffield United at home match thread

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Hardly a stonewall penalty.  Looked 50:50 on Sky.

If the that was a foul against Semenyo towards the end, then it was a stonewall penalty for the challenge on Wells.

Semenyo had is arm across the defender and pushed him off the ball, which is just what the Sheff U defender did to Wells.

The only difference is that to penalise the challenge on Wells would have meant a penalty..................

6 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

The ref was shit - no doubt. But we are still not streetwise enough. We don’t “get in” the ear of the ref enough, and that matters. When  basham was getting treatment Robinson was in the refs ear, pointing out all the things he thought were wrong, ref was smiling and had a little cuddle before it restarted. Things like this matter. We need to influence more, and moan less. Frustrating and yet again we have officials who imo lost control of the game.

the offside was blatant, sharp knew. 

also - the ref was always ok to book a player, but didn’t want to know once any of their lads had been booked. I hope he reads this (minimal chance haha) cos he is a spineless weasel. 

as nige said pre-match we are still too nice about how we go about things

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

The moment Billy Sharp, having been offside when the ball was played, tugged Vyner’s shirt as he miss heads it to there player.

E765EBF9-00B1-45C4-B234-3D7DD3049C0A.png

It’s a very poor decision.

We take our chances, it does not matter.

Just bloody frustrating match all round. The worry is for each match like this were we do play well enough to get something and don’t, we are capable of a Reading and Birmingham were we get exactly what we deserve.

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

It’s a very poor decision.

We take our chances, it does not matter.

Just bloody frustrating match all round. The worry is for each match like this were we do play well enough to get something and don’t, we are capable of a Reading and Birmingham were we get exactly what we deserve.

Yeah, it’d be nice to have a couple games where we deserve nothing and get 6 points

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Bullshit. They should had been down to 10 11, their goal was offside and we had a decent shout for a pen. We lost because of the referee.

You're forgetting the ref was still on the pitch! :grr:

13 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Yeah the ref wasn’t great but we didn’t not win because of the ref.  Their keeper has had Jack all to do 

But we did lose because a clear offside wasn’t given. And we also didn’t get to play against 10 men second half because the ref missed a clear red.  Probably fair to say the officials played a pretty important part in the result overall, not even going into the loss of control, the failure to stop persistent fouling or to do anything about time wasting. 

Not saying that piss poor defending yet again wasn’t a critical factor too. 

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Got to be honest the bottom half of the league is starting to look a bit of a concern now. We have played at least 1 more game than most and teams like West Brom, Boro  Coventry etc are starting to pick up wins now.

A relegation battle is a distinct possibility this season i fear.

My thoughts exactly.

This is an extremely tight division this year and we have put in two very good performances at home and come away with 1 point.

We cannot afford to throw away points now and we have to get some momentum again 

49 minutes ago, Midred said:

Good chance Nige will be donating todays pay to the referees charity!

Why, what's he said?

I was surprised there was not much complaining about the goal because he looked a mile off to me.

But apart from being a bit lenient with their antics, I didn't think the ref was that bad tbh.

Definitely didn't play the full 8 added minutes though. Seemed a couple short due to the Tanner business, where he should have stopped his watch quicker.

Edited by AppyDAZE

Thoroughly frustrating night. But can you see us winning a game like that? I can’t. And that’s why we are where we are - where I feared we would be going into the World Cup break. Just above the relegation zone. The alarm bell might not be ringing in the houses of many of Nige’s loyal army, but I can hear them in mine. Let’s hope I’m wrong and they’re right. 

• Confused 2