IGNORED

Norwood's Foul on Williams - Why no Red Card?

Curr Avon

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

Loved Tanners tackle!! If he gets the ball there everyone is saying it was great. Slightly misstimed but hard. Loved it. 

Sheff Utd chap did the same to Conway on the touch line but got the ball and Sky were loving it

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Confused 1

• The title was changed to Norwood's Foul on Williams - Why no Red Card?
9 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Don’t think the intent was there, unlike Tanner’s, but none the less dangerous and probably a red.

I am not so sure. Norwood's was a nasty, sneaky challenge. Looked like he held back to try and catch Williams. Tanner's was a wild hack born of frustration more than anything. Both reds mind.

• Like 2

No punishment at all, so presumably it was missed….like the offside….like the shirt pulling (by the offside Sharp)

Awful decisions yet again, I seriously hope the ref watches back on this game.

Baffling that there is still no VAR in the Championship. When it comes, we will likely be 10 points better off.

31 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Studs up, straight down into Williams knee and only a yellow.

Where, oh where is the consistency referee?

Criminal.

It was right in front of me, the linesman inexplicably missed it.

It was a red all day long but we didn’t even get a free kick.

I’m not surprised, I thought the officials were just clueless throughout, the amount of shirt pulling they got away with (Sharp, as usual plus the centre backs) was ridiculous.

Lots of late challenges, too.

Horrible, cynical, dirty side assisted by a spineless ref.

• Like 18

Just now, Jacki said:

The ref lost control, like so many do in this league. Both challenges were reds bit of course we get the rough end of all the decisions yet again. The standard of officiating in this league is disgraceful. 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

It was right in front of me, the linesman inexplicably missed it.

It was a red all day long but we didn’t even get a free kick.

I’m not surprised, I thought the officials were just clueless throughout, the amount of shirt pulling they got away with (Sharp, as usual plus the centre backs) was ridiculous.

Lots of late challenges, too.

Horrible, cynical, dirty side assisted by a spineless ref.

The standard of refereeing is a disgrace.    He completely lost control tonight from where I was sat in the SS. But we just do not help ourselves.   Sheff Utd bullied us tonight and played the ref whereas we were our usual safe selves.   If we can see the ref is not going to give much then why oh why can we just not be more street smart and give as much as we take.   We’ve got better than we were but we are still far too nice for this division and it really really hacks me off on nights like tonight! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

The standard of refereeing is a disgrace.    He completely lost control tonight from where I was sat in the SS. But we just do not help ourselves.   Sheff Utd bullied us tonight and played the ref whereas we were our usual safe selves.   If we can see the ref is not going to give much then why oh why can we just not be more street smart and give as much as we take.   We’ve got better than we were but we are still far too nice for this division and it really really hacks me off on nights like tonight! 

I think the point of this thread is that we did give as good as we take. Tanner gave as much as Norwood. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Loved Tanners tackle!! If he gets the ball there everyone is saying it was great. Slightly misstimed but hard. Loved it. 

Tanner's is definitely a red, watching is slowed down its a scissor tackle around one of his legs and its off the floor, add the force involved, 100% red

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Fair enough.   Not how I saw it.  They bullied us and played the ref and we didn’t.   As per.  

Wouldn’t argue with that last bit - although it’s always easier to do that when you’re ahead. And when they’re ahead with a goal that could have been disallowed for any one of three reasons it’s frustrating.

I just felt the ref had no control, no authority, and that flare up after the red card was a direct result of that, players simply frustrated by a stream of inconsistent decisions which he wasn’t explaining to players. 

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Wouldn’t argue with that last bit - although it’s always easier to do that when you’re ahead. And when they’re ahead with a goal that could have been disallowed for any one of three reasons it’s frustrating.

I just felt the ref had no control, no authority, and that flare up after the red card was a direct result of that, players simply frustrated by a stream of inconsistent decisions which he wasn’t explaining to players. 

Hence my opening line; ‘The standard of refereeing is a disgrace. He completely lost control tonight from where I was sat in the SS.’

• Like 3