IGNORED

Nathan Jones (now been sacked)

Northern Red

42 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Could he do a job here? What do you think?

Suppose it depends on whether we are willing to change our name to Luton Town, because so far he’s been shit everywhere that’s not named that.

Personally I find listening to his Welsh accent one of the worst things there is, so just like in ‘99 when we endured the intellectual thoughts of Pulis, I’d rather not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Back in for his Luton players!

As we have previously discussed Luton are incredibly secretive re contracts & when they expire or have been extended but of course he’ll know all the details.

Bree has done well there after a bit of an up & down career prior to them, hard to know whether he’s a Prem player or a great signing if they go down, though.

• Like 1

On 26/01/2023 at 08:18, GrahamC said:

As we have previously discussed Luton are incredibly secretive re contracts & when they expire or have been extended but of course he’ll know all the details.

Bree has done well there after a bit of an up & down career prior to them, hard to know whether he’s a Prem player or a great signing if they go down, though.

I think he's a bit of both. I like him a lot, good technically on the ball and solid defensively. Probably lacks the athleticism to play for a team in the top end of the Prem, but wouldn't look out of place at a yo-yo club.

I just listened to the interview on BBC Sport. Wow! He's an absolute champion at turning a mea culpa into a massive brag. He's the kind of bloke who if asked in a job interview what his biggest weakness is, he'd say he's too perfect and it makes other people jealous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

I just listened to the interview on BBC Sport. Wow! He's an absolute champion at turning a mea culpa into a massive brag. He's the kind of bloke who if asked in a job interview what his biggest weakness is, he'd say he's too perfect and it makes other people jealous.

Made for Mark Ashton!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Just watched this myself (on the link for those who haven’t seen this). Very much sounds like an ‘out of my depth’ interview but we’ll see if he is given the chance to turn it around. That said, I’d quite like both Southampton and Bournemouth to be playing us in the Championship next season as short away trips for me! 

Brentford 3-0 Southampton: Bees up to seventh in Premier League table

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64436130

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mozo said:

"My biggest weakness is I'm totally honest."

"Well I think that's an admirable quality."

"I don't give a **** what you think!"

(Yeah no, I didn't get that one)

22 minutes ago, maxjak said:

"There weren't many better than me around Europe"?..........The Ego has landed?     I backed Southampton to be relegated on Betfair pre-season, good to see my bet is safer than ever!   Ha!!

Annoyingly, I backed them to go down for the last couple of seasons, only for them to survive easily, then I didn’t do it this year.

7 hours ago, mozo said:

It's like he thinks he's Jose 'the special one' but the main difference Nathan Jones is that you havnt won the champions league before you've started getting arrogant!

51 minutes ago, maxjak said:

"There weren't many better than me around Europe"?..........The Ego has landed?     I backed Southampton to be relegated on Betfair pre-season, good to see my bet is safer than ever!   Ha!!

The extra special one?