IGNORED

Nathan Jones (now been sacked)

Northern Red

26 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

In truth, the reality probably lies somewhere inbetween because all people are neither all good or all bad.

The thing that probably surprises me more, is the fact he is prepared to leave them again after having him back.

I know they say there is no such thing a loyalty in football, but blimey.

I would imagine that Southampton will be offering a contract that will be at least x4 what Luton pay him, maybe more.

Also, they have been given permission to speak to him that does not nessecarily mean he will be offered the job.

17 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

He did well to survive not one but two nine goal defeats mind !

A local reporter on the radio was saying he is bit of a introvert and never connected or was close to his coaching staff

Probably a good thing , as the Club replaced them all end of last season ?

Thats never likely to end well

Bloke previously at Brentford , can’t recall his name , pulling the strings there 

Yeah - having your coaching staff sacked and the replacements chosen for you must smart - a lot! They should’ve just let him go then. Rasmus Ankersen is the ex Brentford connection, Director of Football and CEO of Southampton's major shareholder. Definitely pulling the strings! 

Edited by lenred
  • Thanks 2

Nathan is a talented lad.Did well as a number two at Brighton and continued that at Luton.

Stoke were a basket case when he went there and didn’t give him long enough.

I look forward to seeing how he does at Southampton,by the way he won’t have a heart attack on the line a fitter bloke you are unlikely to find.

Does not look a good fit for me, great boss at Luton and I totally respect him as a manager, but he should stay there and finish the job or try to, take them up plus a new ground on the way, appreciate its probably 5k a week or 30k !  get there with Luton and show your worth first like Thomas Frank has done etc...

Interesting read on the Stoke forum. The other side he managed of course.

Some panning him, some wishing him luck and some saying the issue lies with deep rooted issues at their club.

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/306429/mad-nate-favourite-southampton-job

The other interesting snippet is that he WILL remain in situ at Luton for their game on Tuesday. Who is that against?

Why, Stoke away- who sacked him around this time 3 years ago! ?

That could be his final game there, quite interesting don't usually see in these scenarios.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

19 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

Does not look a good fit for me, great boss at Luton and I totally respect him as a manager, but he should stay there and finish the job or try to, take them up plus a new ground on the way, appreciate its probably 5k a week or 30k !  get there with Luton and show your worth first like Thomas Frank has done etc...

Pretty sure he left them ' in the lurch' last time too.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Easy as an outsider to say but I’m not convinced Jones’s style (gobby Duracell bunny) is the right fit for a number of PL clubs.  Probably best for him he got to the PL through Championship promotion.

It's as @GrahamC and @Harry mentioned earlier in the thread, a lack of sophistication. Your average PL player isn't going to take kindly to that sort of style.

• Like 1

Really surprised that he got the job..........get the feeling that he was picked as a random desperate measure, with very little research.  He is majorly out of his comfort zone, and will be gone by the end of February at the latest............with a big fat payoff? Southampton are  almost certainly doomed.  Which is great, as i got 5/2 on relegation..........though it is very unwise for me to count my chukkies!            

Edited by maxjak

Amazed they went for him in the first place. Did well at Luton but just one club, absolutely disaster at Stoke.

considering the size of the club they must have had  any Nev er of high profile candidates interested, this appointment slaked me of accepting relegation and wanting someone with champ experience to bring them back up as soon as possible.