IGNORED

Nathan Jones (now been sacked)

Northern Red

9 hours ago, eardun said:

Just watched this myself (on the link for those who haven’t seen this). Very much sounds like an ‘out of my depth’ interview but we’ll see if he is given the chance to turn it around. That said, I’d quite like both Southampton and Bournemouth to be playing us in the Championship next season as short away trips for me! 

Brentford 3-0 Southampton: Bees up to seventh in Premier League table

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64436130

Blimey, that interview is excruciatingly bad. 

26 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Brutal. 

I’ve not really listened to Chris Sutton much before and I know he divides opinion on here…but boy, he summed Jones up perfectly based on that interview.  The use of “I” by Jones is astonishing.  He’s under pressure and it shows.

Jones reminds me of GJ, not in personality, but in the job he can do. Give them a squad of footballers who work for each other, as a unit and they’ll get results. But as soon as you introduce expensive players, who play for themselves more than the team, then it starts to unravel. GJ did this at Yeovil and at the Gate, but was lost as soon as he was given a chequebook and the ability to bring in those individual players, more so those from abroad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Simple Red said:

Jones reminds me of GJ, not in personality, but in the job he can do. Give them a squad of footballers who work for each other, as a unit and they’ll get results. But as soon as you introduce expensive players, who play for themselves more than the team, then it starts to unravel. GJ did this at Yeovil and at the Gate, but was lost as soon as he was given a chequebook and the ability to bring in those individual players, more so those from abroad.

Some of the long term contracts we handed out around 2008 - 2010 held this Club back years.

• Like 3

On 06/02/2023 at 22:28, Rudolf Hucker said:

Mad Mick’s take on Jones is brilliant. 

In contrast to Nathan Jones who is the definition of obnoxious (& for a “Christian” uses the C word with moronic regularity on the touch line), Mick is great, isn’t he?

Funny, honest, down to earth.

Always remember a game he lost against us when at Ipswich & he was asked why they had been beaten, his answer was “because we were crap”, no excuses or hiding behind anything.

Think his time has gone but would have loved to see him here post GJ.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, 2015 said:

The Welsh David Brent

Nathan's world does not end with these four walls. Southampton's a big place. When he's finished with Southampton, there’s Eastleigh, Totton, Romsey. Hedge End, Netley. You know. Fair Oak. Bursledon. Because he is his own boss. Chandler's Ford.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

Nathan's world does not end with these four walls. Southampton's a big place. When he's finished with Southampton, there’s Eastleigh, Totton, Romsey. Hedge End, Netley. You know. Fair Oak. Bursledon. Because he is his own boss. Chandler's Ford.

"How can I hate Welsh women? My Mum is one"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Oh you're not that terrible boss of Southampton Football Club are you?

55 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He reminds me of Hollowhead with the gibberish he comes out with and the way he goes off on tangents.

Can't say I like Jones' character at all, Hollowhead has his saving graces.

I oddly think he is trying to come across a bit like Holloway but getting it totally wrong. Sadly I think Holloway's strong Bristolian accent helps him getaway with the stupid statements he comes out with

• Haha 1