IGNORED

Lincoln City at home Carabao Cup third-round match thread

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I get that but we got much bigger fish to fry , especially still with two of our best centre halves missing . Plus fringe players need minutes. You’ll only find out if they’re good enough if you play them 

I get that but if you are a senior player out there with kids who aren't up to it and you are getting bummed by a team you know you should be beating that is going to piss you off I would have thought. If you actually watch it Kadji literally ran out of the way of the first shot, great strike as it was and what Low did, as much as I don't want to criticise a youngster, was non-league.

8 minutes ago, Negan said:

Stop making out like he’s blameless ffs!! It’s his job to manage the team and train the players he has. He’s been here long enough now to atleast have us playing decent football/defensively solid. Less experienced managers with far less money at clubs deemed smaller than ours have had more success in 2 years than Nige has. This excuse of it’s not his fault because he’s had no money is getting tedious now. 

This always makes me laugh. 

Always the managers fault isn't it?

Never the actual players? 

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Thoughts from someone unfortunate enough to be at the game:

- The main issue here is midfield. Kadji is positionally not there and King isn’t doing a James or Williams job to cover the gaps properly. Both need to go off at half time 

- As I said earlier, Lows error for the goal was coming. First touch was a welt, he’s taking ages to sort his feet out and now the other players are actively not looking for him. Needs to be hooked - the booings out of line but I liken this to Towler at Swansea a few years ago. He’s not at this level yet

- Bajic in real time I thought should have done better on the goal. Very near post, great hit but thought he should have had it. Looks nervy with feet but understandable as defence aren’t showing. Couple of good coming out to win and Klose sold him horrendously short once

- Mark Sykes can’t cross a ball

- Up front, as ever with CM, the mobility is gone. I think he’s done well for us but time is up.

HT I’d do Low, King, Kadji, Martin off and Scott, Vyner, Williams, Wells on. 

Thanks.

I was getting Towler at Watford vibes from the reports on Low. If he's not passed the test this time then that's ok. Sub him and let him learn.

The more senior players have no excuse. Buck up and deliver in the second half.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Thoughts from someone unfortunate enough to be at the game:

- The main issue here is midfield. Kadji is positionally not there and King isn’t doing a James or Williams job to cover the gaps properly. Both need to go off at half time 

- As I said earlier, Lows error for the goal was coming. First touch was a welt, he’s taking ages to sort his feet out and now the other players are actively not looking for him. Needs to be hooked - the booings out of line but I liken this to Towler at Swansea a few years ago. He’s not at this level yet

- Bajic in real time I thought should have done better on the goal. Very near post, great hit but thought he should have had it. Looks nervy with feet but understandable as defence aren’t showing. Couple of good coming out to win and Klose sold him horrendously short once

- Mark Sykes can’t cross a ball

- Up front, as ever with CM, the mobility is gone. I think he’s done well for us but time is up.

HT I’d do Low, King, Kadji, Martin off and Scott, Vyner, Williams, Wells on. 

Makes enough more of a joke that HNM not even on bench

31 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Lincoln managing twice in 16 minutes what they failed to achieve in 90 against Chippenham.

That says it all. Writing this off just because it is the Carabao cup is not right. How can Pearson send out this team in a game we surely were favourites to win and  maybe have gone on a lucrative cup run. Things never change.And that is true of Pearson I am sad to say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Thanks.

I was getting Towler at Watford vibes from the reports on Low. If he's not passed the test this time then that's ok. Sub him and let him learn.

The more senior players have no excuse. Buck up and deliver in the second half.

Agree. He needs to put out something vaguely resembling a first team in the second half.

• Like 1

I know HNM isn’t the answer to all our woes but not using him at all seems odd to me.

He’s signed a 3 year deal, happy to honour every day of those 3 years but we can only use him for 2!

I understand Nige’s reasons for putting others in front of him but not using him at all, especially tonight just seems stupid.

• Like 4

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

But that budget is spent on existing players, rather than being available for new players. 

Our wages are head and shoulders above a number of clubs in this league. 

The players on big money aren't the problem. Kalas injured doesn't help, but the rest are solid Championship standard players and can play at this level. Pearson is making half decent players look like donkeys. I would rather spend 20K a week on Nahki Wells, than the 20K combined for Martin, King & Wilson who wouldn't win a raffle with all the bloody tickets!

The players are not the problem. Our best 11 is good enough to compete in this league, regardless of what we pay them, The core of the team under Johnson are better than what Pearson has us playing with.

The money is not a factor, the fact is you work with the tools you have and our tools are better than what a lot of other clubs have. But if the person selecting the tools, couldn't pick his nose , then you have no hope.

I hope to the man upstairs, tonight is Pearson's last press conference, he has to go now.

This season is about survival, forget next year, 18 months time, when the club will be in a stronger financial position.

We need someone to come in, and keep us up and get the best out of the players we have, because the man for that job is not Pearson. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I know HNM isn’t the answer to all our woes but not using him at all seems odd to me.

He’s signed a 3 year deal, happy to honour every day of those 3 years but we can only use him for 2!

I understand Nige’s reasons for putting others in front of him but not using him at all, especially tonight just seems stupid.

We've actually had him for 3 and a half years doing **** all

Not 2 and a half

The saviour he is not

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I get that but if you are a senior player out there with kids who aren't up to it and you are getting bummed by a team you know you should be beating that is going to piss you off I would have thought. If you actually watch it Kadji literally ran out of the way of the first shot, great strike as it was and what Low did, as much as I don't want to criticise a youngster, was non-league.

I agree. What does my head in is lazy fans instantly blaming a manager when players constantly make mistakes. They’re not technical mistakes either . It’s poor decision making . A manager can’t make decisions for the players , they have to learn that the hard way. Our experienced players keep making poor decisions never mind the kids. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

That says it all. Writing this off just because it is the Carabao cup is not right. How can Pearson send out this team in a game we surely were favourites to win and  maybe have gone on a lucrative cup run. Things never change.And that is true of Pearson I am sad to say.

Seems like our first team is not coached well enough and these reserves are not coached at all! 

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Always the managers fault isn't it?

Never the actual players? 

Jesus wept you can’t be this thick surely. Shouldn’t have to spoon feed you. I never said it’s ALL his fault but funny enough, being a MANAGER means you MANAGE the team. So when things don’t go right, yes the players take some responsibility but so does the MANAGER. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1