IGNORED

Lee Johnson

16 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Remember though, he’s a bright young coach learning his trade and those of us that thought he was a complete fraud would be proved wrong.

Sacked by two clubs in the same season and we’re still only in December.

Another massive mistake by the Lansdowns. Plenty on here defended LJ at the time.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think that’s probably fair. For all the stick he gets, Fleetwood were an odd fit - pretty much the smallest club at that level and success at this point in time would be being just outside the relegation zone. There wasn’t any opportunity to progress and the sack was a case of when as opposed to if. Whether people like him or dislike him, it was a marked step down from us, Sunderland or Hibs and I can’t help but think he’d have been better served taking time out post Hibs to recharge and analyse why it goes wrong in a consistent way for him. As it is, he’s probably done at above L2 level now.

No axe to grind with him, no smartearse comments. Just appears he’s made a bad choice and shot himself in the foot.

Think he needs to go and be a number 2 somewhere.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Another massive mistake by the Lansdowns. Plenty on here defended LJ at the time.

Did well for a time, stabilised us in the championship and gave us some great moments in that 18/19 season but ran its course and they didn’t pull the trigger soon enough. Not much to see here 

13 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Plenty on here defended LJ at the time.

Yep. Next Pep or something wasn't he?

Anyway - thank goodness that's in the past. The Landsown failure wasn't so much appointing him, it was stubbornly digging in behind him when it was obvious it wasn't working.  Bet the house on the chap...turned out LJ was a dud. 

If he's a decent coach, as many have suggested, he should take a coaching job.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Had a good thing going with us but literally has done nothing anywhere else. 
Im sure POMO’s and box entries just dont cut it in the lower leagues. 😂

I’m no great LJ fan (that league cup run aside) but that’s not quite accurate in my view. He did do reasonably well at Sunderland for a time and won the JPT. Not great for a club of their size perhaps but was their first Wembley win and trophy for years. 

Pretty sure he will end up at Yeovil at some point!

36 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Thing is, if he concentrated on the main aspects of football management he would be a fine league 1 coach/manager. Unfortunately, bullshit baffles brains. He worries so much about small details here and there and seems to forget the main bit of the job. Just an observation on my part, but I’m sure he will end up in league 2 job shortly.

I agree. I remember saying this when he was here but a lot of the issue for me was he spent so much time trying to get 5% extra out of players that he frequently forgot how to get the main 95% out of them.

I don’t think he is a bad manager or that he did a terrible job for us but I do think he’d be a much better manager if he stopped trying to prove how good he was and trying to bamboozle the opposition in ways that frequently end up bamboozling his own players and probably himself. 

As others have said, his CV looks very poor at the moment. I feel his best hope is probably trying to take a job in the National League, get a club into League Two and build his reputation from there. He needs to choose his next role extremely wisely though or even National League jobs could soon be beyond his reach.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

That was a really bad choice of job at a really bad time, too far out from a transfer window with too little there to work with. May be able to get himself a decent sized League 2 job, still some fairly well financed teams there. Or as another idea of what could be next, as Carsley gets linked to numerous jobs now perhaps England U21 or U20 (if they promote from within first) could be an option. 

Some comments from fans aren’t complementary:

“Just give up mate. You're not meant to be a manager."

“How do you get sacked twice in the same season before the new year? Please, ffs, no one ever give him a job again. Worst manager in the world."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Bad bad move for him. His agent must advise him to take a break and not jump into the next available job

The usual sacked manager move is to go and play golf in Spain for two or three months,then return and appear on Sky Sports News.

😀

Edited by B1ackbird

53 minutes ago, One Team said:

I’m no great LJ fan (that league cup run aside) but that’s not quite accurate in my view. He did do reasonably well at Sunderland for a time and won the JPT. Not great for a club of their size perhaps but was their first Wembley win and trophy for years. 

Pretty sure he will end up at Yeovil at some point!

Agreed I think Yeovil too at some stage, Fleetwood job never looked an appropriate fit.

41 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Some comments from fans aren’t complementary:

“Just give up mate. You're not meant to be a manager."

“How do you get sacked twice in the same season before the new year? Please, ffs, no one ever give him a job again. Worst manager in the world."

Who said those comments though? 
All I’ve seen from actual Fleetwood fans is that they are surprised, disappointed and say that the problems at the club run much deeper. Some even wondering if he walked rather than was sacked! 

The negative comments are all from Hibs, Sunderland and still weirdly Villa fans. 

Edited by Harry

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think he needs to go and be a number 2 somewhere.

He was a ‘number 2’ here wasn’t he? Aside from the cup run and first half of ‘that’ season💔

I do think he has something- we played well at times under him, just think he’s just not as clever as he thinks he is and maybe doesn’t have the personality to inspire players when in a slump. I reckon the love child of LJ and NP would be interesting though!

38 minutes ago, Harry said:

Who said those comments though? 
All I’ve seen from actual Fleetwood fans is that they are surprised, disappointed and say that the problems at the club run much deeper. Some even wondering if he walked rather than was sacked! 

The negative comments are all from Hibs, Sunderland and still weirdly Villa fans. 

Even if all the Fleetwood fans are singing his praises, which I can’t imagine to be true, it’s significant that his reputation at the last two “big” clubs he managed is still negative. 

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I think he’s thrown the towel in as far as management goes.

With his latest outbursts I can’t see any club alienating their female fan base by hiring him.

I'd have thought any decent fan would be alienated by that individual (Barton).

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think that’s probably fair. For all the stick he gets, Fleetwood were an odd fit - pretty much the smallest club at that level and success at this point in time would be being just outside the relegation zone. There wasn’t any opportunity to progress and the sack was a case of when as opposed to if. Whether people like him or dislike him, it was a marked step down from us, Sunderland or Hibs and I can’t help but think he’d have been better served taking time out post Hibs to recharge and analyse why it goes wrong in a consistent way for him. As it is, he’s probably done at above L2 level now.

No axe to grind with him, no smartearse comments. Just appears he’s made a bad choice and shot himself in the foot.

Not got a clue who are but an absolutely brilliant poster …. Up there with ole for his match day report and spread sheet Dave (fes) 

• Thanks 1