IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

7 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I would rather see a different way of deciding it, e.g. give the ball to the attacker 30 yards out and give them 10 seconds to score, keeper can do what they like. I know this has been discussed before but maybe they could trial it. Maybe they have.

Would like to see crazy football, start with some windmills and tunnels and what-not, gradually getting more difficult until clay pigeons are flying left, right and centre as the world’s footballing elite attempts to hit them. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, pillred said:

Golden goal was a good idea, not for the old heart though if it was your teams.

We had a couple of games that used that IIRC, JPT or something like that. One in particular was a freezing night at AG, we all had to wait around for ages until the ET kicked off and City went and scored in the first bloody minute of it!

Could have been home in the warm half an hour earlier if we`d done it in the 90th.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

We had a couple of games that used that IIRC, JPT or something like that. One in particular was a freezing night at AG, we all had to wait around for ages until the ET kicked off and City went and scored in the first bloody minute of it!

Could have been home in the warm half an hour earlier if we`d done it in the 90th.

I don't remember that. I do however remember one at Shrewsbury.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

We had golden goal in the JPT at Boston (in the southern section!) when Danny Coles scored the winner. 

• Thanks 2