IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

7 minutes ago, Midred said:

Can we just go back to the old offside where players were offside whether they received the ball or not? This with the linesman putting up his flag and then putting it down again is stupid. The "offside" players are a distraction at best plus possible injuries occuring before play is stopped.

That's what you take from this game? Wow! ?

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I was just staring to wonder what happens if a goalkeeper gets red carded during a penalty shoot out? 

I believe you’re not allowed to make subs, so presumably one of the outfield players goes in goal? 

Was lucky not to get booked throwing the ball away 

• Like 1

Respect Argentina like Millwall. The latter a "proper" football club and Argentina, like England, a football mad nation. 

Deserved it overall. France a bit passive in too many games. Best thing that happened to Arg was losing that first game. Focused them on knockout football right from the second game.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Respect Argentina like Millwall. The latter a "proper" football club and Argentina, like England, a football mad nation. 

Deserved it overall. France a bit passive in too many games. Best thing that happened to Arg was losing that first game. Focused them on knockout football right from the second game.

Agreed. You have to respect the support they have over there, absolutely immense. Even though I cannot stand the Argies i have to tip my hat to them this evening ?

• Like 2

Just now, Open End Numb Legs said:

I would rather see a different way of deciding it, e.g. give the ball to the attacker 30 yards out and give them 10 seconds to score, keeper can do what they like. I know this has been discussed before but maybe they could trial it. Maybe they have.

Golden goal was a good idea, not for the old heart though if it was your teams.

2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I would rather see a different way of deciding it, e.g. give the ball to the attacker 30 yards out and give them 10 seconds to score, keeper can do what they like. I know this has been discussed before but maybe they could trial it. Maybe they have.

Isn't that how they used to do it in the USA?