IGNORED

No kit in the club shop

forbespm

4 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Anyone know if they sell kids away football shorts? Went online to get some kits! Managed to get the 3rd kit in YL ( if anyone is struggling ), but can’t see either of the 2nd or 3rd kit shorts on the site. It doesn’t help that the online shop is not the best to navigate mind! Nothing is ever easy with City! COYR 

I was told as soon as they get down to 10 items left it gets marked as our of stock online.

When I asked about new stock coming back in I was told 

"Next season !"

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Don't want to be picky but I don't agree 

The items would be already on shelves / trollies and would simply need rolling in and out depending on the fixture

Exactly 

There is a storage area for stock within the stadium.

4 hours ago, forbespm said:

I was told as soon as they get down to 10 items left it gets marked as our of stock online.

When I asked about new stock coming back in I was told 

"Next season !"

I went to the ladies game this afternoon & thought I’d chance my luck. No such luck, no 3rd kit shorts available. But my order that was meant to be delivered was there if I wanted to take it on. Lad basically said what you have mentioned & that he thinks they don’t like having stock left over! There seems to be this type of topic every season with the City shop, but this is possibly up there with the worse. COYR 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The hand of RO'D said:

The online store has been down for over 24 hours now, it can’t be that hard to update stock & add early Xmas deals surely!

I've just gone on, shame there's no extra shirts on there, even the training kit is limited.

They're going to lose a lot of money over the next month or so.

When does the Hummel deal run until? This is surely a manufacturer issue, as nobody in their right mind is thick enough to think that nobody wants to buy shirts half way through a season from the clubs perspective.....

• Like 1

On 20/11/2022 at 06:36, glynriley said:

Not just shirts. Winter is upon us so I thought I might have a look and see if they had any warm hats ready for the resumption.

I thought Slim Pickings was a country and western singer…

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc/gifts-accessories/accessories/hats-gloves

So after the site being down for about 24 hours, the additions to the site, apart from the snowing animation, is.......

**** all.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, glynriley said:

So after the site being down for about 24 hours, the additions to the site, apart from the snowing animation, is.......

**** all.

The best bit though (I've only just noticed)

2 for £22 on ALL 'It's coming home' range...

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc/saleoffers/worldcuptees/

All indeed, there's one ******* T-shirt....

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, glynriley said:

The best bit though (I've only just noticed)

2 for £22 on ALL 'It's coming home' range...

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc/saleoffers/worldcuptees/

All indeed, there's one ******* T-shirt....

The games do come pretty quick at the moment, with our next game Friday and then on Tuesday. 

If you buy two, you can wear one, wash one, and not have to worry about keeping it clean for the next game......

3 minutes ago, Taz said:

The games do come pretty quick at the moment, with our next game Friday and then on Tuesday. 

If you buy two, you can wear one, wash one, and not have to worry about keeping it clean for the next game......

No , you miss the point , there is only one shirt Size XXS )in the one design ?

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Haha 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, Taz said:

I've just gone on, shame there's no extra shirts on there, even the training kit is limited.

When does the Hummel deal run until? This is surely a manufacturer issue, as nobody in their right mind is thick enough to think that nobody wants to buy shirts half way through a season from the clubs perspective.....

That would make sense if this was a one off but this has been repeating itself for many years now 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

That would make sense if this was a one off but this has been repeating itself for many years now 

Never been this bad though. I usually get a shirt as a birthday present, and then, will sometimes get the other when they are cheaper around Feb/March time. This year I don't have one, and very much doubt that there will be any left in any sizes this side of Christmas, let alone Feb!

I would say it would make a good argument for taking the shirt manufacturing back in house, but that wasn't much better!

7 hours ago, Taz said:

It's almost like the staff who knew what they were doing were considered an unecessary overhead by certain former financial staffers....

*turns glare to Ipswich*

• Admin
14 hours ago, Taz said:

Never been this bad though. I usually get a shirt as a birthday present, and then, will sometimes get the other when they are cheaper around Feb/March time. This year I don't have one, and very much doubt that there will be any left in any sizes this side of Christmas, let alone Feb!

I would say it would make a good argument for taking the shirt manufacturing back in house, but that wasn't much better!

Personally disagree with this, stock is always limited to certain sizes around Christmas, without wanting to keep on I bet if we did a trawl back through OTIB we would find regular arguments on the same topic

I can remember a thread about the kit being in house and not being able to supply to demand

I visited the store last week seeking a 14/15 year old away strip as a Christmas present - like everyone else was told no chance no stock and none till next year. Went online and the strip was available on line so purchased it not in any real hope of getting it but i picked it up today. Maybe i was lucky but i would suggest you try on line. The whole thing smacks of incompetence though.

The clubs been reluctant to sell off large amounts of kit at the end of the season for a long time now. I remember the days when you could pick up a shirt in April for £15. There’s obviously a balance to be found in order to not have loads left over to sell, but ordering enough to get to at least February. If there’s no Christmas stock then that’s a big fail on the clubs part

• Like 1

On 22/11/2022 at 15:44, Taz said:

I was told by the young lady in the shop, NO more stock expected before Christmas, then she stated that the shop is not owned Bristol Sport,Its a private company,

32 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Elite Sports Group, the UK distributor for Hummel has gone into administration. I guess any issues regarding stock in the clubs shop was beyond the clubs control after all?  

Just saw that on Twitter, anyone know how our supplies/distribution is set up ? 
I see Everton are unaffected due to their set up.

1123681272_Screenshot2022-11-24at07_54_59.png.1929b11946fd7bd99392221f78f15a9a.png

EDIT

To partly answer my own question;

From the OS:
Mark Underwood, Managing Director of Elite Group UK, hummel’s exclusive brand partner, said: “Following an incredible three-year partnership, we are delighted to extend our agreement with Bristol City. The football club is one of the most forward-thinking clubs in the country, we love and value the partnership highly, and are looking forward to the next six years working together.”

While other clubs :
"Southampton and Coventry City, who have hummel kit partnerships, were forced to temporarily close both their online and physical retail outlets citing 'significant operating issues' facing Elite Sports Group,"

Elite are trying to claim £10m from Rangers in Court, but I don't think the two things are linked. They were fined £500k along with Rangers and Sports Direct a while back for price fixing. I can't find to many details other than this above.
Though Oldham have taken steps away from Elite;

"Elite are also the company who have been responsible for managing our retail store since 2018.As a result of issues the club has had with Elite over a number of months, which appear to be similar to those issues Southampton have referred to, the arrangement for Elite to manage our retail store was terminated by the club on Tuesday 22 November 2022."

This could be why there have been problems with our shirts, time may tell.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

Aside from exemplary retail management, one of the Club’s strengths is the transparency and ease of flow of communication with their customers. 

Unless I’ve missed something we’re, strangely, very silent on this matter.

If only we had a SLO who could tell us what is going on. 

Why do we need a U.K. distributor? Everything we ship is sent out via the store. 

We just do a deal with Hummel, say we want X amount of kit. They produce it, ship it to us and we process it locally. 

Cut that needless link out of the supply chain and save money. Simple.