IGNORED

No kit in the club shop

forbespm

My 11 year old son and his friend want a city away kit for Christmas,but they are out of stock in the club shop.

I phoned this morning asking when they will be back in the shop.

The answer was "they won't!"

No chance of finding any in my local sports direct! I find it incredible.

Surely some more can be made!

Be easier to get a dukla prague away strip at this rate

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I can understand your disappointment but not shock. As a corporation City have no marketing skills whatsoever. 

Is having stock marketing? Surely it highlights the marketing dept have done a great job, not so great by whoever is responsible for ordering the stock.

• Like 4

Is there still plans to move/expand the shop at some point? Surely there has to be scope to have a bigger club shop somewhere in the South or Lansdown stand..

It’s fairly embarrassing from the club that with a multi million pound re-build of the stadium that we have ended up with a smaller more understocked shop than the old megastore that used to be next to the Atyeo!

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Really surprised everything wasn’t restocked to at least some level before Christmas. Half a season you’d think some things would mostly sell out again if they’ve already sold out once. 

Especially as offering replica kit for youngsters who purchase a half season ticket. The club has finally launched baby wear and I’ve stocked up with it couple of weeks ago rather than wait. I’ve feedback to our supporters liaison officer about the lack of stock, options in the shop as per normal you get no reply 

12 hours ago, forbespm said:

My 11 year old son and his friend want a city away kit for Christmas,but they are out of stock in the club shop.

There is a pop up shop in the concourse by the Sports Bar.  I managed to get a YXL away shirt there at half time in the Sheffield Utd match after drawing a blank in the shop, so worth checking there at the Stoke match.  

4 hours ago, Pezo said:

Is having stock marketing? Surely it highlights the marketing dept have done a great job, not so great by whoever is responsible for ordering the stock.

But good marketing would ensure there would be sufficient stock to meet peaks in demand, especially at Christmas. 

• Like 1

• Admin
14 hours ago, forbespm said:

Santa is real, I know a number of people that have ordered from this site and all products have been OK

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search.do?act=search&dspm=pcen.hp.searclick.1.JWNsl8DxKhylBTBmgGCt%26resource_id%3D&sus=&searchkey=bristol+city&catalog=#pusearch1812

1 hour ago, Selred said:

If only we could do the kit in house to ensure we were restricted to another companies clearly poor distribution / creation issues...

We used to, but the kits were rubbish.

@JerrySLO can this be raised again please? the kits that *are* selling well aren't being restocked at all.

Edited by sephjnr

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Take it from me, it's awful!  I bought one and it's not particularly well made and stands out as a fake like a sore thumb.   Colour is completely wrong for one thing - almost an orangy red, material feel is well off, cloth badge - even the fake "Official Authentic Apparel" patch is just an iron on and an obvious one at that.  Kids can be cruel buggers, I would recommend steering clear for kids sizes as they are very obvious fakes and provides an easy target.  They're essentially more detailed versions of the ones you used to get at the market for "Liverpool Reds" etc.

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-17 at 14.30.47.jpg

1 hour ago, WarksRobin said:

Kit seems to be in stock online. If the club is moving towards online sales rather than through the club shop, why don't they just bite the bullet. It does seem daft not to have a club shop at the stadium and local shopping centres. The club must be missing out on revenue.

Limited sizes though, and no away shirts in adult sizes at all when I checked a few hours ago.

You'd hope that whoever has said they won't be getting anymore in has got it wrong, but nothing would surprise me to be fair.

To be out of stock of most sizes this close to Christmas though is shocking. Could understand it if it was nearly Easter.

• Admin
33 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Take it from me, it's awful!  I bought one and it's not particularly well made and stands out as a fake like a sore thumb.   Colour is completely wrong for one thing - almost an orangy red, material feel is well off, cloth badge - even the fake "Official Authentic Apparel" patch is just an iron on and an obvious one at that.  Kids can be cruel buggers, I would recommend steering clear for kids sizes as they are very obvious fakes and provides an easy target.  They're essentially more detailed versions of the ones you used to get at the market for "Liverpool Reds" etc.

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-17 at 14.30.47.jpg

Must have got unlucky, like I say I know people that have ordered these kits and they are certainly no worse than what the club sell

Better to look at the sellers with greater feedback than others with little sales

18 hours ago, forbespm said:

I am able to get replica kits for pretty much any club. If you’re interested with Xmas coming up please let me know. 
Loads of replica stuff too.

Here are just a few I’ve got recently 

Edited by Bs4Red
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I am able to get replica kits for pretty much any club. If you’re interested with Xmas coming up please let me know. 
Loads of replica stuff too.

Here are just a few I’ve got recently 

23B7A3C4-903F-40C3-A4D7-6B9705F9CDA3.jpeg

3FE51544-8FCA-4116-8BCB-9567561BD22B.jpeg

Were they sold out of replica socks and shoes at the time of the photo?

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Haha 1

With such a small shop, how difficult would it be to wheel out the Bears stuff on City matchday and replace it with racks of our stuff, and then vice versa on Bears home games. It is very sad to go in the shop on a matchday, or the days surrounding one to see over half the shop selling Rugby gear which nobody wants.

• Like 2