IGNORED

No kit in the club shop

forbespm

I was in the UK in early September-visiting from the US-stopped by the "Super Store" with the intention of buying all three shirts for this season. The store only had one shirt in my size and was told that the existing stock was all they would have for the rest of the season. How can the club run out of shirts so early? This is not only bad PR, but it 's costing the club a lot of monry.

3 hours ago, 42104RED said:

I was in the UK in early September-visiting from the US-stopped by the "Super Store" with the intention of buying all three shirts for this season. The store only had one shirt in my size and was told that the existing stock was all they would have for the rest of the season. How can the club run out of shirts so early? This is not only bad PR, but it 's costing the club a lot of monry.

It's a strange one.
Clubs notified Thursday, Southampton ended their Partnership Monday. Oldham took control of their shop the other day.
Elite Sports were fined £5ook in a case against them, Rangers and JD Sports and went in to Admin the day after their Court case against Rangers was announced.
 I'm have no idea how it works, or how will Admin pay for a Court case that could be worth around £10m . 

I guess that now Elite has broken their Contracts, so it allows clubs to make new deals elsewhere . 

None of this explains why City couldn't have mentioned problems with supply. At least then any anger would be aimed at Elite and not the Club, not really the time to be keeping things close to the chest.

• Like 1

Am I missing something? Have just seen this on Bristol live & a statement from the club! Because I’m fairly confident that the retail offering up to Christmas has been affected. I’ve had an email saying my order which was made & paid for last week (Christmas present ) is out of stock! COYR 

Home shirts remain in limited stock and there are no available sizes above a large online. There are only small and medium sizes in the adult goalkeeper jersey but the club say they have received stock for the 2022/23 season. 

In a statement, the club told Bristol Live: "We can confirm that Elite Sports Group, Bristol City’s kit supplier and UK distributor for hummel has gone into administration.

We’ve received our stock for the 22/23 season and can reassure fans that our retail offering in the run-up to Christmas will not be affected. We are working with hummel Denmark to understand the process going forwards."

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Hummel chose to partner with Elite, so they should take part of the blame.

I'm sure when they partnered they had been reassured and done whatever steps were deemed necessary to work with them. 

Could be Elite have distribution contracts with dozens of other companies and one of them let them down.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm sure when they partnered they had been reassured and done whatever steps were deemed necessary to work with them. 

Could be Elite have distribution contracts with dozens of other companies and one of them let them down.

Elite have been involved in a lot of litigation, and were being sued for withholding monies owed (by Rangers) as long ago as 2020. It seems to be a company that has grown out of a sports shop in Hatfield. TBH Hummel should've had a clause allowing it to ditch what looks like a highly dodgy partnership proposition. The company does have its own direct merchandising department.

"We’ve received our stock for the 22/23 season and can reassure fans that our retail offering in the run-up to Christmas will not be affected"

And quite right they are too....before this happened we were in a position where the retail offering was sparse.  And this announcement has done nothing to suggest that this is going to change, and so their retail offering in the run up to Christmas will indeed not be affected.

5 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Not that this helps with kit stock, but there are Christmas jumpers available in the store (but not yet online)

DSC_0387~2.JPG

Christ that’s imaginative isn’t it. 

‘We want a club Christmas jumper for the shop’

‘Ok we have this red template, how do you want relate it back to the club’

’Just write Bristol City in the middle’

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Christ that’s imaginative isn’t it. 

‘We want a club Christmas jumper for the shop’

‘Ok we have this red template, how do you want relate it back to the club’

’Just write Bristol City in the middle’

Spot on - it’s not as if our club emblem couldn’t be made into some sort of festive Robin or something!? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

"We’ve received our stock for the 22/23 season and can reassure fans that our retail offering in the run-up to Christmas will not be affected"

And quite right they are too....before this happened we were in a position where the retail offering was sparse.  And this announcement has done nothing to suggest that this is going to change, and so their retail offering in the run up to Christmas will indeed not be affected.

How's the Black Friday sale going?

On 27/11/2022 at 14:20, shahanshahan said:

Forgot to post this at the same, but Bristol Bears also had a Christmas jumper on sale. Similar design concept, I guess...

FB_IMG_1669558779943.jpg

I suppose using polar bears instead of reindeer wouldn't have been a better idea?

• Like 2