IGNORED

No kit in the club shop

forbespm

4 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

With such a small shop, how difficult would it be to wheel out the Bears stuff on City matchday and replace it with racks of our stuff, and then vice versa on Bears home games. It is very sad to go in the shop on a matchday, or the days surrounding one to see over half the shop selling Rugby gear which nobody wants.

Saturday was the most Bears merchandise I think I’ve ever seen in the shop.

At the start of the season I thought things were improving at last but they’ve certainly gone downhill again 

• Admin
13 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

With such a small shop, how difficult would it be to wheel out the Bears stuff on City matchday and replace it with racks of our stuff, and then vice versa on Bears home games. It is very sad to go in the shop on a matchday, or the days surrounding one to see over half the shop selling Rugby gear which nobody wants.

Full of Bears / South Africa items at the moment 

Certainly going to town with cashing in on this fixture 

13 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Saturday was the most Bears merchandise I think I’ve ever seen in the shop.

At the start of the season I thought things were improving at last but they’ve certainly gone downhill again 

As I’ve said earlier I don’t understand why the club shop hasn’t been expanded or even 2 shops put in.

Surely with the size of the stadium now there must even be room for an independent City shop and independent Bears shop?

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

On 16/11/2022 at 21:17, forbespm said:

My 11 year old son and his friend want a city away kit for Christmas,but they are out of stock in the club shop.

I phoned this morning asking when they will be back in the shop.

The answer was "they won't!"

No chance of finding any in my local sports direct! I find it incredible.

Surely some more can be made!

Be easier to get a dukla prague away strip at this rate

Yeh, I wanted the white away shirt,but been told by the club no more would be made available, you'd have thought they would make more shirts available for Christmas presents, poor marketing by the club,

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

poor marketing by the club,

Just to clarify, it’s not marketing’s fault. It’s the buying teams fault. Whoever runs the shop has been doing a pretty shoddy job of it, we’ve moved forward in lots of ways but then still very behind in many ways too. 

15 hours ago, Bris Red said:

As I’ve said earlier I don’t understand why the club shop hasn’t been expanded or even 2 shops put in.

Surely with the size of the stadium now there must even be room for an independent City shop and independent Bears shop?

Mark Kelly said in an interview after planning permission was granted for the arena etc that a new club shop is being built as part of the new development as the existing shop is far too small for our needs. So I think it's just a case of just living with what we've got until then. 

• Admin
4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Mark Kelly said in an interview after planning permission was granted for the arena etc that a new club shop is being built as part of the new development as the existing shop is far too small for our needs. So I think it's just a case of just living with what we've got until then. 

I'm amazed that a couple of modern portacabins / containers were never purchased and built into a smart shop

The missed revenue since the rebuild must be immense 

I just watched this video, EVEN LINCOLN have a bigger and better stocked shop than us

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFmTsQeC/

• Like 2

On 16/11/2022 at 21:17, forbespm said:

My 11 year old son and his friend want a city away kit for Christmas,but they are out of stock in the club shop.

I phoned this morning asking when they will be back in the shop.

The answer was "they won't!"

No chance of finding any in my local sports direct! I find it incredible.

Surely some more can be made!

Be easier to get a dukla prague away strip at this rate

Embarrassing for the club imo... 

• Like 1

On 18/11/2022 at 22:17, Selred said:

Just to clarify, it’s not marketing’s fault. It’s the buying teams fault. Whoever runs the shop has been doing a pretty shoddy job of it, we’ve moved forward in lots of ways but then still very behind in many ways too. 

The manager of the shop is a gashead,I got that with good Authority,??

17 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Who ever can justify a shirt that sells in a couple of weeks at the start of the season and then no more to be available needs sacking …..

Not just shirts. Winter is upon us so I thought I might have a look and see if they had any warm hats ready for the resumption.

I thought Slim Pickings was a country and western singer…

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/bcfc/gifts-accessories/accessories/hats-gloves

• Haha 1

On 17/11/2022 at 18:21, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Sometimes the teams play only the day after the other so it would require staff to work overnight to completely change the display. Plus you’d have to have somewhere to store all the items in the meantime. Not an easy thing to do by any means. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Sometimes the teams play only the day after the other so it would require staff to work overnight to completely change the display. Plus you’d have to have somewhere to store all the items in the meantime. Not an easy thing to do by any means. 

Don't want to be picky but I don't agree 

The items would be already on shelves / trollies and would simply need rolling in and out depending on the fixture

• Like 1

On 18/11/2022 at 07:52, Bris Red said:

I am assuming it's something that will be addressed with the expansion project but it's going to be false economy to wait that long in my opinion. On match days wouldn't it make sense to add a stall outside, in amongst the Fanzone? There is an area almost opposite the shop, behind the stage where a market style stall could be added.

16 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am assuming it's something that will be addressed with the expansion project but it's going to be false economy to wait that long in my opinion. On match days wouldn't it make sense to add a stall outside, in amongst the Fanzone? There is an area almost opposite the shop, behind the stage where a market style stall could be added.

There is a stall / trailer in the fanzine opposite the entrance to the sports bar.

• Like 1

Got to say it’s all getting a little bizarre… every year ffs. 

Since Beryl left the retail side of our ‘enterprise’ has ranged from the inept to the downright useless.

On the shop side, there must be a store room somewhere in the building they can put the non-footy stuff on our matchdays and replace it with City stuff. The supplementary trailer shop is fine.

Would doubt whether footfall on non-match days justifies a larger shop personally. Might make the shopping experience better which could increase sales but would have thought the benefit of extra revenue would not be great. Would be interesting to see the division between the percentage online vs shop sales now as that needs to be assessed in planning future store size etc. 

How they can run out of shirts 6 weeks before Xmas is outrageous from both a customer and commercial perspective. 

At least there is some of the product designs are getting a little more ‘subtle’ and a little less ‘shouty’, so, some progress. 

Anyone know if they sell kids away football shorts? Went online to get some kits! Managed to get the 3rd kit in YL ( if anyone is struggling ), but can’t see either of the 2nd or 3rd kit shorts on the site. It doesn’t help that the online shop is not the best to navigate mind! Nothing is ever easy with City! COYR 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Don't want to be picky but I don't agree 

The items would be already on shelves / trollies and would simply need rolling in and out depending on the fixture

Iv worked on shop refits that they can do overnight so yes a few trolleys on wheels is hardly building the pyramids 

Maybe if has something to do with minimum order sizes and lead times as well. I wonder if they are more interested in not being left with excess stock than they are with meeting customer demand.

Pretty inexcusable.

Can't wait to see the new bonus scheme, which has been kept so secret squirrel, it's either going to be amazingly brilliant or amazingly awful.

A bit naughty and a long delivery time but DHgate 

just got my son a full red England kit £17. High quality snides, and they have the City kits on there. Takes about a month for delivery, so get on it now. 
I’ve seen the snide City shirt, cannot tell the deference. Wouldn’t normally condone taking money from the club, but when there’s no other option….. although **** the FA ain’t paying £100 for an England kit. 

1 hour ago, Portred said:

A bit naughty and a long delivery time but DHgate 

just got my son a full red England kit £17. High quality snides, and they have the City kits on there. Takes about a month for delivery, so get on it now. 
I’ve seen the snide City shirt, cannot tell the deference. Wouldn’t normally condone taking money from the club, but when there’s no other option….. although **** the FA ain’t paying £100 for an England kit. 

I’d be wary about ordering a City shirt off there. I had one never arrive.

Anything for the big clubs seems absolutely spot on and turns up. 

On 17/11/2022 at 08:34, daored said:

Especially as offering replica kit for youngsters who purchase a half season ticket. The club has finally launched baby wear and I’ve stocked up with it couple of weeks ago rather than wait. I’ve feedback to our supporters liaison officer about the lack of stock, options in the shop as per normal you get no reply 

@JerrySLO One for you Jerry? 

What sort of business has a shop with such a piss poor range at Christmas of all times of the year?

I can remember going in the Bury club shop some time around 99-01 (remember Paul Mortimer being on the tram on the way back to Manchester) and thinking it was so much better than ours. I've always been baffled over the years with the poor range and poor quality of what our shop offers compared with others.

I've got a boy who's 10 a fortnight after Christmas, can I get him anything for crimbo or his birthday? Of course not! That's over £100 of income the club aren't going to get from me ?‍♂️

• Sad 1

Amazed they don't just have a couple of pop up shops on a match day and do everything else online using some sort of fulfilment company.... if only the club were sponsored by someone like that would could advise.....

Floor space, staff, heating, lighting, wages all week.....

Which given they never have what people want in stock, kinda makes the shop redundant. 

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Maybe if has something to do with minimum order sizes and lead times as well. I wonder if they are more interested in not being left with excess stock than they are with meeting customer demand.

Pretty inexcusable.

Can't wait to see the new bonus scheme, which has been kept so secret squirrel, it's either going to be amazingly brilliant or amazingly awful.

This is absolutely it IMHO

Hummel will undoubtedly want a ‘minimum run’ , likely to be four figures

And I guess we aren’t high on their priority customer list

Having said that , if they pre ordered a run to be available for Xmas, they could either offload excess stock at cost post season , or keep the excess for 3-4-5 years and put them on resale as part of a retro collection  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Pretty inexcusable.

It is more profitable to run out of stock than over order. 

• Like 2