IGNORED

No kit in the club shop

forbespm

Ironically part of the problem is the annual change of designs.

For a big club that sells tons of kit, that obviously drives higher revenues as fans want each new seasons shirt.

For a smaller club though, it actually reduces revenue as they’re scared to order too much stock as they realise it will be unsaleable before the end of the season. Just keep one design!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You’ve got to laugh, they’re currently doing a “20% off everything” flash sale! If only there was actually something to buy.

City would do well to put a statement on the shop website explaining the current situation.

I commented with something similar on facebook last week, funnily enough it was deleted ?

On a related topic, around a month ago there was a question asked on the SLO forum about the rewards scheme, and @JerrySLOresponse was that it was undergoing final testing that week and would then go live. RG also confirmed at the fans forum it was nearly ready in November.

Now, as this was sold as a benefit of season tickets and memberships the club are getting on very shaky ground legally at this point. Although nobody bought an ST solely on the basis of the rewards scheme, it’s lack of operation (and now when it operates lack of stock) leads the club open to legal challenge for misselling- which has a decent chance of succeeding

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

On a related topic, around a month ago there was a question asked on the SLO forum about the rewards scheme, and @JerrySLOresponse was that it was undergoing final testing that week and would then go live. RG also confirmed at the fans forum it was nearly ready in November.

Now, as this was sold as a benefit of season tickets and memberships the club are getting on very shaky ground legally at this point. Although nobody bought an ST solely on the basis of the rewards scheme, it’s lack of operation (and now when it operates lack of stock) leads the club open to legal challenge for misselling- which has a decent chance of succeeding

I was told Saturday it would be up and running this week ,February 1st

13 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

Get one off dhgate. They have stock in China 

I did this for a keeper one (in adult size!) recently. I've not compared it side by side with a legit one, but I was pretty blown away that someone could (or would) go to the effort of manufacturing the GK kit of a Championship side, in China, have it shipped over in less than two weeks then reposted in the UK all for about a tenner and it not be laughable. Quality is pretty much on par with the rest of this seasons range. If someone on the other side of the world can churn them out, I can't see why another supplier/ the club can't.

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Do they though? My away shirt never arrived and was refunded.  I’d be wary at this point. 

I've ordered two kids kits from China over the last two seasons had a bit of a wait but they both turned up, quality I would say is only marginally less than the real thing at a fraction of the cost. This might be depriving the club but I am rarely at the ground and they rarely have stock past Christmas not to mention the large postage costs the club shop put on everything.

7 hours ago, Red-Al said:

I'm only telly you what I was told in-store,because I wanted the white away shirt,and was told,no more  would  be  available this season,,so don't say that's crap, 

Chill out, I’m slating the club shop not you.

6 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

I think he is saying the shop is crap not you talking it 

See, sticks1969 understood me.

• Like 1

Sizes is my issue, not all of us have a footballers physique and trying to find a City kit in my size seems impossible unless I'm first in the virtual queue in August. I think there have been 7-8 occasions where I've thought to myself "Oh I fancy buying *insert kit or training top*" half way through the season only to realise I don't have a hope in hell of them having my size in stock. I'm just a single fan and although those 7-8 kits would have been bought over  a period of 3 seasons that's still £400 so around £134 a season. It sounds like it isn't worth that £134 to get more stock but when you consider there are probably a lot of fans who don't want to buy a shirt in August what with kids going back to school and needing new uniform etc I bet the club loses out on a very large number of sales each season.
I also think of this Man City game coming up... how many of our fans who don't normally attend games but see us up against Man City will suddenly want a City kit and should we beat them I imagine the demand will fly up and yet if you go on the online store right now you can only get an adult in s,m or L... anyone bigger, no chance.

The club does need to look into stock, I mean hummel have made some of the best kits we've had since I was a kid and I'm in my 40's, what's the point of making great kits and then never stocking them, it just seems like hummel would look at the deal and think we're not worth doing business with if we're not getting the sales that we could be.

On 29/01/2023 at 20:44, Silvio Dante said:

All that was sold as a benefit was a reward scheme "to be announced'. They could let everyone have a food voucher for half a stale doughnut and have technically fulfilled their the of the bargain...

• Like 1

On 29/01/2023 at 17:24, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m no expert on this stuff so this might be a naive question. I understand the distributor has gone bust. But that doesn’t mean Hummel can’t manufacture the kits does it? And we still have demand for them? So why can’t a new distributor step in to enable supply to meet demand?

Most kits are made in China. Therefore Hummel would have to put an order in to the factory, wait to get to the head of the queue for the kits to be made. They then have to be (container) shipped to the UK. Last summer many clubs didn't receive any kit until after the season started due to long shipping delays. If the shipping backlog hasn't cleared then kits won't arrive from China until the end of the season. And all of this for a couple of hundred Bristol City kit of all designs and sizes....just not worth it to anyone financially.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Spike said:

Sizes is my issue, not all of us have a footballers physique 

I do, but sadly it's Neville Southall's. 

5 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Most kits are made in China. Therefore Hummel would have to put an order in to the factory, wait to get to the head of the queue for the kits to be made. They then have to be (container) shipped to the UK. Last summer many clubs didn't receive any kit until after the season started due to long shipping delays. If the shipping backlog hasn't cleared then kits won't arrive from China until the end of the season. And all of this for a couple of hundred Bristol City kit of all designs and sizes....just not worth it to anyone financially.

It all shows a lack of judgement from Hummel in appointing Elite Sports as their sole contracted distributor for most of their English clubs. A cursory Google would dig up some very damaging court cases and dubious sounding business dealings for Elite, a company that was a small sports shop in Hertfordshire 15 years ago. 

• Like 1