IGNORED

No kit in the club shop

forbespm

On 17/11/2022 at 12:04, Winterstoke toad said:

Club shops always a shambles 

To be fair the place is so small I’m surprised it can stock more than on item at a time .

It is a shambles buy a season ticket or membership get a fiver off of nothing its been a joke for years still got no money club cant buy no kit ?

• Like 1

This just popped up on Twitter, and I've complained to anyone I could think of over the last few years that we don't do them.  
IMO it is the height of laziness and bad planning we don't do more for Christmas, specially as the Robin is the most obvious link between Club & Christmas.

536675371_Screenshot2022-12-03at14_43_27.png.aba7b0c9b735ad8083631417931a6aeb.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This just popped up on Twitter, and I've complained to anyone I could think of over the last few years that we don't do them.  
IMO it is the height of laziness and bad planning we don't do more for Christmas, specially as the Robin is the most obvious link between Club & Christmas.

536675371_Screenshot2022-12-03at14_43_27.png.aba7b0c9b735ad8083631417931a6aeb.png

I assume you are being ironic. They are truly horrible.

13 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I assume you are being ironic. They are truly horrible.

It's not what they look like , it's the fact we haven't stocked baubles at all. Sub the Cork logo for the City Crest and Red bauble, at a decent price , say £3 , you would have people picking them up all year round. 

• Like 3

My Mrs has been trying to get family presents online for the whole extended family for City and Bears and she’s finding that there is barely anything in stock. I seem to recall her complaining about this in Christmases past and at various birthdays throughout the year. 
When I ordered a home kit (shirt) for a mates 50th birthday a few years back they sent 2 in the same package ! No wonder they have stock problems ! 

On 02/12/2022 at 16:01, Lanterne Rouge said:

He could be on holiday since we aren`t playing at the moment.

I think he just doesn't use the forum as a platform to communicate through, not sure why as a section was set up several years ago for him to do so. 

I have been told that he is far more active on twitter and maybe he is finding that he is just duplicating stuff so doesn't tend to use the forum as Twitter would probably have a wider reach. Dunno.

As for emails, I'm guessing he gets swamped at times and so misses things?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I just assume there are global supply issues that are out the club's control? This has been the case all year for many outlets, even big companies.

As we've determined earlier, Hummel get a third-party merchandiser to supply items at various of its clubs - it does the big ones in-house. This third-party supplier, which seems as flaky as f-, has gone into administration, leaving our club shop and various others up the creek.

As Hummel still make the items, it's a matter of them getting their Danish arses in gear and finding a different way to get the products from China to BS3. 

I'd say Bristol Sport has a reasonable case for compo, but that doesn't help punters wanting to buy stuff this Christmas. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

As we've determined earlier, Hummel get a third-party merchandiser to supply items at various of its clubs - it does the big ones in-house. This third-party supplier, which seems as flaky as f-, has gone into administration, leaving our club shop and various others up the creek.

As Hummel still make the items, it's a matter of them getting their Danish arses in gear and finding a different way to get the products from China to BS3. 

I'd say Bristol Sport has a reasonable case for compo, but that doesn't help punters wanting to buy stuff this Christmas. 

I was talking generally about supply issues, but yes I'm sure the club does have a case for compo.

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was talking generally about supply issues, but yes I'm sure the club does have a case for compo.

I don't see any shortage of Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U kits when I walk past *spits* JD Sports.  I think it's quite specific to Hummel kits being supplied via so-called Elite Sports. 

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't see any shortage of Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U kits when I walk past *spits* JD Sports.  I think it's quite specific to Hummel kits being supplied via so-called Elite Sports. 

I wasn't talking about sports kits. Sorry I wasn't more specific. People were asking why there were no hats, baubles etc. Marks and Spencer and co have had issues with supplies this year. Sorry I wasn't clear. 

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I wasn't talking about sports kits. Sorry I wasn't more specific. People were asking why there were no hats, baubles etc. Marks and Spencer and co have had issues with supplies this year. Sorry I wasn't clear. 

Feel like you're being generous there. City's stock issues have been happening for years.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Selred said:

Feel like you're being generous there. City's stock issues have been happening for years.

No, I’m just saying there are global supply issues. 
City is skint and doesn’t have much buying power, they have to weigh up the cost of spending too much on merchandise that people might not buy, plus having to deal with shortage of supplies 

Edited by exAtyeoMax

In the shop yesterday and I reckon they must of had about 12 home shirts left on sale 

had a chat with a shop assistant who was stood by the door about availability or lack of it , he said stock levels was done on the previous seasons sales which he pointed out was during lockdown hence absolutely poor availability.

absolutely joke ……

1 minute ago, sticks 1969 said:

In the shop yesterday and I reckon they must of had about 12 home shirts left on sale 

had a chat with a shop assistant who was stood by the door about availability or lack of it , he said stock levels was done on the previous seasons sales which he pointed out was during lockdown hence absolutely poor availability.

absolutely joke ……

I assumed it was more to do with the Hummel distributor issues. If it’s this, then that’s worse - and a surprising thing to admit to.

My son loved yesterday so much he said he wanted to get a home shirt (he already has the Robin shirt). Actually, I’d already planned to get him one at Christmas but there was no stock. If you want kids to develop a lifelong affinity with the club, these things make the difference. It’s such a poor show.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Don't beat the club with this stick. Hummel's suppliers went bust late last year. We aren't the only club suffering from lack of supply. Nothing the club can do about it.

The guy in the shop basically admitted the club never ordered enough in the first place 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

The guy in the shop basically admitted the club never ordered enough in the first place 

With hindsight he obviously can say this with confidence, but what if the shirts etc were hated by all and the club then left with a load of stock they couldn't make any money on. In the past a ton of stock was left and then shipped to Africa at a big loss.

I'm not saying the club got it right this year, and yes its happened previously, but as mentioned the Hummel situation certainly didn't help. They went bust just when we would have been looking to reorder after the initial stock was sold.

• Like 1

On 25/11/2022 at 10:46, Simon79 said:

Am I missing something? Have just seen this on Bristol live & a statement from the club! Because I’m fairly confident that the retail offering up to Christmas has been affected. I’ve had an email saying my order which was made & paid for last week (Christmas present ) is out of stock! COYR 

Home shirts remain in limited stock and there are no available sizes above a large online. There are only small and medium sizes in the adult goalkeeper jersey but the club say they have received stock for the 2022/23 season. 

In a statement, the club told Bristol Live: "We can confirm that Elite Sports Group, Bristol City’s kit supplier and UK distributor for hummel has gone into administration.

We’ve received our stock for the 22/23 season and can reassure fans that our retail offering in the run-up to Christmas will not be affected. We are working with hummel Denmark to understand the process going forwards."

As I understand,being told by the superstore at the ground,no more stock is forthcoming this season,  new stock will arrive next season when the new kit is available,

It’s not that the problem of low stock is just arising now with the wider distributor issue, it was that certain lines in popular sizes were sold out pretty much immediately and never restocked anyway!

Ordering stock based on what was sold last year isn’t the answer when the same thing has been happening year in year out.  It just means that the same mistakes just get repeated!

Edited by sm2webb
  • Like 1