IGNORED

3 not offered deals..

GrahamC

According to NP in his interview with Radio Bristol, “6 or 7” are being offered new ones.

Can’t recall all of those who are out of contract but would have Bentley, Martin & Klose down as the most likely 3 not to be or possibly Kalas or HNM.

As for those being offered new ones, presumably O’Leary, Vyner, Semenyo & Dasilva all are, but struggling after that.

Edit- Semenyo confirmed as one who has had his contract extended.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

According to NP in his interview with Radio Bristol, “6 or 7” are being offered new ones.

Can’t recall all of those who are out of contract but would have Bentley, Martin & Klose down as the most likely 3 not to be or possibly Kalas or HNM.

As for those being offered new ones, presumably O’Leary, Vyner, Semenyo & Dasilva all are, but struggling after that.

Edit- Semenyo confirmed as one who has had his contract extended.

Am I mad to think Bentley might be offered a new deal on a reduced salary, to give O'Leary some decent competition/injury cover?

As Kalas is widely reported as the highest-paid player, it wouldn't surprise me if it's him among those we're saying goodbye to, especially if NP has his eye on some likely replacement who'll be cheaper and without injury question marks. 

28 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Am I mad to think Bentley might be offered a new deal on a reduced salary, to give O'Leary some decent competition/injury cover?

As Kalas is widely reported as the highest-paid player, it wouldn't surprise me if it's him among those we're saying goodbye to, especially if NP has his eye on some likely replacement who'll be cheaper and without injury question marks. 

No you won't be mad but don't forget we have Bajic who assumedly was recruited as a first team contender. Also a couple of really promising young keepers in the under 21's.

7 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Semenyo extended? Pre determined in contract? Offered an extension? Or actually extended?

There’s a clause in the AS contract stipulating that an added year is an option if the club want to retain him - obviously it’s a no brainier to activate it.

Edited by Robbored

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

No you won't be mad but don't forget we have Bajic who assumedly was recruited as a first team contender. Also a couple of really promising young keepers in the under 21's.

Yeah, only Nige and the coaching team will know how ready they might be for the big jump to competitive Championship football.

Even more than outfield players, it can be a big jump for a young keeper to make that transition. It can be a lonely place between the sticks: Nowhere to hide. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Taylor Moore (the forgotten man) will be one, James Morton, and either Klose or Martin.

If it's only 3 presumably 1of those is being offered something......

Think it relates to conversations in the past few weeks, so I’d be absolutely amazed if Moore wasn’t told last summer when he went out on loan yet again that his time in BS3 was up, I could be wrong of course.

Likewise Morton when he failed to earn a contract at Notts County would surely already have known that he’s being released.

I think Klose & Martin are certs, but not sure beyond that.

56 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I'd think Bentley would be offered something on reduced terms unless he says he wants out, I would have thought similar for Kalas unless his availability record is a reason this season for not offering him something.

Surely there's no chance of Bentley being offered a new deal when Max has effectively usurped his position. Competition will come from the younger, cheaper keepers we've signed. Sometimes everyone needs to move on. This is that time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Surely there's no chance of Bentley being offered a new deal when Max has effectively usurped his position. Competition will come from the younger, cheaper keepers we've signed. Sometimes everyone needs to move on. This is that time.

I don't think it was expected that O'Leary would usurp Bentley though, I think last summer the expectation was O'Leary to be released end of the season and Bajic signed as back up/eventual replacement to Bentley.

I’d be very surprised if it’s not Martin, Bentley, Massengo. 

Massengo having his offer revoked after being sat on it too long? Martin maybe unhappy and wanting clarity, Bentley on big money and probably unhappy and wanting to go too. 

Im standing by my total guess that January is gonna be chaotic. I think giving Wells a new deal is a nod to committing to him over Semenyo in the 11 still, and probably having some contingency for Semenyo going sooner than later.

Pearson even alluded to wanting to speed up business in Jan, I don’t think he does that unless he’s very confident stuff is happening. He seems fed up (in a good way) and I think that’ll kickstart us into business as early as possible IMO

• Like 1

I think todays press conference was a subtle nudge to certain players agents to try and speed up a move for them in January.

I believe we have players lined up, ready to sign, but cannot complete the deals until outgoings are confirmed.

I also got the impression that we may be willing to terminate (‘mutually agree’), should it mean we can sign someone. Klose being the one, in this case.

Personally I believe the 3 are: 

- Bentley

- Martin 

- Klose (contract termination?)

I don’t think Massengo will be in this category, as we have known for some time that he wasn’t signing the deal. I think he already has something lined up for January.

• Like 3

Fans should watch the interview - mainly after the Radio Bristol interview bit. I accessed it through Twitter. It’s on YouTube.

NP was in a mood to engage. One of those days when you could ask him almost anything without him biting off the head of the person asking the question. Loads in there. 
Eg Atkinson back in contention for Boxing Day.  Rangers haven’t made a bid for Semenyo. Six or seven offered new deals. We clearly want to trade in January. Also addressed the growing fans’ discontent with him (although I would have liked to see Richard Forrester delve a bit more here because he was in the mood to answer.)

Anyway, 25 minutes of it. Have a go for yourselves. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I think todays press conference was a subtle nudge to certain players agents to try and speed up a move for them in January.

I believe we have players lined up, ready to sign, but cannot complete the deals until outgoings are confirmed.

I also got the impression that we may be willing to terminate (‘mutually agree’), should it mean we can sign someone. Klose being the one, in this case.

Personally I believe the 3 are: 

- Bentley

- Martin 

- Klose (contract termination?)

I don’t think Massengo will be in this category, as we have known for some time that he wasn’t signing the deal. I think he already has something lined up for January.

With his replacement already agreed.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

HNM has a contract offer on the table - it remains unsigned.

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

I have no evidence on this, but I have the feeling Massengo wants to leave no matter what. Maybe an insane offer could turn his head. I reckon it’s obvious he’ll find a club abroad easily if released, and he knows it. 

Nige said today in his press conference that HNM has made the decision to “run the clock down”.

Also went on to say that upon arriving at the club, They highlighted HNM as someone who could be sold for a decent fee, but no offer was forthcoming.

Lots of insightful information in todays press conference. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Nige said today in his press conference that HNM has made the decision to “run the clock down”.

Also went on to say that upon arriving at the club, They highlighted HNM as someone who could be sold for a decent fee, but no offer was forthcoming.

Lots of insightful information in todays press conference. 

James Piercy was excellent 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Talk about Hyperbole?  Bristol Post states..................."Pearson drops Contracts Bombshell"    Well It seems to have created a very small crater?   ?

Bristol World the other day were saying that, because Cardiff had been hit with a transfer embargo, that meant a `transfer boost` for us for some inexplicable reason!

Edited by Lanterne Rouge