IGNORED

3 not offered deals..

GrahamC

We've 10 out of contract listed on transfermrkt

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bristol-city/vertragsende/verein/698

Of those, I'd guess the six or seven would definitely include Massengo, Semenyo, Vyner and O'Leary. Wells might be included too.

I'd imagine Dasilva and Wiles-Richards are most likely to be the other two.

We know Kalas is not one. If the six or seven does not include Wells then Martin seems more likely to me than Klose or Bentley. 

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Of those, I'd guess the six or seven would definitely include Massengo, Semenyo, Vyner and O'Leary. Wells might be included too.

We know Kalas is not one. If the six or seven does not include Wells then Martin seems more likely to me than Klose or Bentley. 

Hasn't Wells just signed a two year deal?

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

I don't think it was expected that O'Leary would usurp Bentley though, I think last summer the expectation was O'Leary to be released end of the season and Bajic signed as back up/eventual replacement to Bentley.

I agree, and I think they were expecting Bajic to be in the position Max is now.

31 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Excellent presser from Nige - aided by some sensible questions from the journalists. He was as open as he could and explained his footballing philosophy per se, not including  his tactical or formational methods.

He really is a proper manager and in the last 30 years or so (or whenever the internet became readily available) I can’t recall any other manager coming close to Nige. There’s no hot air, waffle or laughing at his own jokes, just a professional doing a professional job.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I'd think Bentley would be offered something on reduced terms unless he says he wants out, I would have thought similar for Kalas unless his availability record is a reason this season for not offering him something.

The rumour is that Bentley wants more than he’s currently on.  So he could fall into the group of 3 (Traitors) or 7 (Faithfuls) or could indeed be Claudia Winkelmann!  Seriously though he could be in the group who have been offered deals, but it’s way beneath what he wants.

1 hour ago, firstdivision said:

Fans should watch the interview - mainly after the Radio Bristol interview bit. I accessed it through Twitter. It’s on YouTube.

NP was in a mood to engage. One of those days when you could ask him almost anything without him biting off the head of the person asking the question. Loads in there. 
Eg Atkinson back in contention for Boxing Day.  Rangers haven’t made a bid for Semenyo. Six or seven offered new deals. We clearly want to trade in January. Also addressed the growing fans’ discontent with him (although I would have liked to see Richard Forrester delve a bit more here because he was in the mood to answer.)

Anyway, 25 minutes of it. Have a go for yourselves. 

It’s a very good watch / listen.  Excellent Qs for the journos, and Nige gave good responses.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

HNM has a contract offer on the table - it remains unsigned.

It may have been taken off the table.  I don’t expect it has though, because it entitles us to compensation.

Here’s the list.  Having now listened to the interview…My best guess is Martin and Klose plus one more.  Kalas and Massengo mentioned separately, so think they are not in the 3.  Bentley for me.

105553DA-249E-4A04-AB8B-5B711E114376.thumb.jpeg.82aff2e27e8ef9b22051a5884ccfe9d6.jpeg
Good to see a bit of clarity as we enter the January window.

Anyone know if Harvey Wiles-Richards is still out on loan?

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

It’s a bit of a shame that January will be busy. But it’s exciting too.

I hope Nigel’s interview helps people understand why we can‘t just go and sign players willy nilly.

Is Willy Nilly a centre back? If so its worth the risk.

Edited by CrackingCheeseGromit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The rumour is that Bentley wants more than he’s currently on.  So he could fall into the group of 3 (Traitors) or 7 (Faithfuls) or could indeed be Claudia Winkelmann!  Seriously though he could be in the group who have been offered deals, but it’s way beneath what he wants.

It’s a very good watch / listen.  Excellent Qs for the journos, and Nige gave good responses.

It may have been taken off the table.  I don’t expect it has though, because it entitles us to compensation.

Here’s the list.  Having now listened to the interview…My best guess is Martin and Klose plus one more.  Kalas and Massengo mentioned separately, so think they are not in the 3.  Bentley for me.

105553DA-249E-4A04-AB8B-5B711E114376.thumb.jpeg.82aff2e27e8ef9b22051a5884ccfe9d6.jpeg
Good to see a bit of clarity as we enter the January window.

Anyone know if Harvey Wiles-Richards is still out on loan?

Do you think this partly explains Bentleys dropping from the team?

If, like the massengo situation, Bents has made it clear he won’t re-sign (or won’t unless it’s a pay increase) then NP might have chosen to leave him out if he’s not ‘committed’ to the long term?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Do you think this partly explains Bentleys dropping from the team?

If, like the massengo situation, Bents has made it clear he won’t re-sign (or won’t unless it’s a pay increase) then NP might have chosen to leave him out if he’s not ‘committed’ to the long term?

But at what point does not playing your better players for whatever reason mean that we are playing Russian Roulette with relegation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Worrying that NP says players offered new contracts are being offered less money.He said ‘That’s where we are’.  Thus it will mean less chances of recruiting if other Championship clubs interested in the same player.

what a condemnation of the way the club has been run.

I think that is something most clubs will be doing following on from Covid & FFP. There is something of a re-evaluation going on for most clubs, certainly under the Prem. I think it’s been mentioned quite a few times that players will have to come to terms with this. Wells is a great example of this & im only guessing, but I would suggest that was a bigger drop than most will have to sacrifice. COYR 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Surely there's no chance of Bentley being offered a new deal when Max has effectively usurped his position. Competition will come from the younger, cheaper keepers we've signed. Sometimes everyone needs to move on. This is that time.

Bentley confirmed some time ago that his people were talking to the club.  That to me indicates that we have made an offer, but it obviously hasn't been accepted.  The 3 told look elsewhere are bound to be either nowhere near the team (Moore/Morton) or just getting too old (Klose / Martin).  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Worrying that NP says players offered new contracts are being offered less money.He said ‘That’s where we are’.  Thus it will mean less chances of recruiting if other Championship clubs interested in the same player.

Not necessarily.  Every other club will be doing the same unless it's run by madmen.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Not necessarily.  Every other club will be doing the same unless it's run by madmen.  

Yep, as per an earlier post, RG has said clubs across the champ are cutting back…he estimated on average by about 1/3rd.  We are no different to many other clubs.  A player on £14k p.w. (Average salary in champ pre-Covid) are now looking at £9/10k p.w.  Hence why we are still trying to pay competitive(ish) salaries but no fees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

That list isn’t comprehensive as both Taylor Moore & Owura Edwards are OoC next summer too but presumably aren’t included here because they’re on loan. James Morton & James Taylor (on loan at Cheltenham but not featuring) are as well.

Technically Nathan Baker’s contract expires too but we already know what has happened there.

HNM wanting to run the clock down despite having a contract offer sitting there for 18 months, aka run his contract down and leave for free…

How many players could get away with doing that yet still seemingly be loved by fans? Imagine if a Palmer/Moore type had done it… people would be baying for blood. 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That list isn’t comprehensive as both Taylor Moore & Owura Edwards are OoC next summer too but presumably aren’t included here because they’re on loan. James Morton & James Taylor (on loan at Cheltenham but not featuring) are as well.

Technically Nathan Baker’s contract expires too but we already know what has happened there.

True but Moore and Morton surely aren’t being offered deals. I don’t know enough about Owura Edwards or James Taylor to be confident but I am certainly not convinced they will be part of the six or seven offered deals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

True but Moore and Morton surely aren’t being offered deals. I don’t know enough about Owura Edwards or James Taylor to be confident but I am certainly not convinced they will be part of the six or seven offered deals.

Morton I think has effectively left us already & agree re Moore, he hasn’t featured once since Pearson took over & has been out on loan twice since.

Edwards is playing regularly in the SPL, is still only 21 so I wouldn’t be too surprised if we had offered him further terms, Taylor isn’t making an impression at Cheltenham so you’d guess not.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Well that would definitely be one way to earn yourself a place on Pearson's shit list

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, petehinton said:

HNM wanting to run the clock down despite having a contract offer sitting there for 18 months, aka run his contract down and leave for free…

How many players could get away with doing that yet still seemingly be loved by fans? Imagine if a Palmer/Moore type had done it… people would be baying for blood. 

We’ve got history for it - Fam. He downed tools on so many occasions but hey, he’s from Knowle. 

For me, HNM has never shown enough consistently to demand a place in the side. Not to say he’s bad, but he’s not better as a 6 than James, an 8 than Williams or a 10 than Scott. On performance. Not hair. And more people should judge that way.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Why should he accept and sign a new contract if he does not believe its good enough? Does that make him at fault, its been a difficult period with covid and contracts may now be changing but it's the players decision if he accepts the offer and the clubs decision on how much they offer or decide to sell when protecting an asset 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I don't think Massengo really chose to run the clock down in this way as such so it's a bit harsh imo.

Its not like he's said he doesn't want to play and you can't force someone sign a contract. 

I understand Pearson's stance on it to a point but it also seems pretty silly in a lot of ways 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

The blame of the financial mess the club got into  lies wholesale on the shoulders of Smarmy Ashton and his side kick Lee Johnson.

Nige inherited a shambles of a club and we’re still feeling the consequences of the damage caused by our previous CEO.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Is Willy Nilly a centre back? If so its worth the risk.

Willy Nilly is a striker I believe, lots of penetration and box entries, scores nearly every time ,  can also play in behind in the hole so very versatile, gets his shot of too early sometimes but keeps going for 90 minutes .

• Haha 5
  • Robin 1

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The blame of the financial mess the club got into  lies wholesale on the shoulders of Smarmy Ashton and his side kick Lee Johnson.

Nige inherited a shambles of a club and we’re still feeling the consequences of the damage caused by our previous CEO.

Ah! The man you called Mr Ch arisma and were looking up on Tinder !!!

Edited by CodeRed
  • Haha 1