IGNORED

Time Since Last Bristol City Penalty

JackiDziekanowski

39 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I've posted the full article earlier in this thread.

I just read it - quite remarkable that our penalty drought get mentioned in an American paper. I’d have thought at least one of our broadsheets would picked up the statically strange phenomenon.

Let hope that when City do eventually get awarded a penalty that whichever player takes it actually scores.

Having double checked it does appear to be 19 and not 18 for Birmingham in the League.

214 games- 19 penalties for them.

213 games- 8 penalties for us.

It becomes even more mental when you adjust it cor big chances, but remember the period run from August 2018 to January 10th 2022.

1 per 58 big chances to them, vs 1 per 91 big chances to us. Dread to think what it is now for us!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

I just read it - quite remarkable that our penalty drought get mentioned in an American paper. I’d have thought at least one of our broadsheets would picked up the statically strange phenomenon.

Let hope that when City do eventually get awarded a penalty that whichever player takes it actually scores.

Have you the link for the American paper. Forgive me if the link is further back in the thread.

3 minutes ago, Homer Simpson said:

He's here. Bristol City's next penalty taker has arrived safely.

Country Music Baby GIF by Toby Keith

Probaly best we have not been awarded one.

Why some footballers 'choke' during penalty shootouts: Brain scans reveal those who miss are overthinking the consequences of missing the shot

• A penalty is one of the most pressurised individual events in all of sport  
  • There have been many high-profile misses such as Southgate at Euro '96
  • Researchers found some people activate the pre-frontal cortex in their brain 
  • This is responsible for long-term thinking and leads to nerves and apprehension
  • People who trigger this region of their brain are more likely to fluff their attempt

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Probaly best we have not been awarded one.

Why some footballers 'choke' during penalty shootouts: Brain scans reveal those who miss are overthinking the consequences of missing the shot

• A penalty is one of the most pressurised individual events in all of sport  
  • There have been many high-profile misses such as Southgate at Euro '96
  • Researchers found some people activate the pre-frontal cortex in their brain 
  • This is responsible for long-term thinking and leads to nerves and apprehension
  • People who trigger this region of their brain are more likely to fluff their attempt

Sounds like me playing golf - just can't get Chris waddle and pizzas out of my head.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Having double checked it does appear to be 19 and not 18 for Birmingham in the League.

214 games- 19 penalties for them.

213 games- 8 penalties for us.

I know you know this @Mr Popodopolousbut here you go, live and up to date every day, with exactly the comparison you are  making: http://nopen.co.uk
 25BCD6A1-5C42-47CB-8311-A5282902DFC0.thumb.jpeg.5a92b18aaff4c7351a97da55b40581db.jpeg

It is the teams that haven't played all 5 seasons that are ridiculous. Rotherham has been relegated twice in the 5 years and had 17 penalties. There are 4 teams that have played 2 seasons in League One that have earned (many) more Champ penalties than us last 5 seasons.

Summary: http://nopen.co.uk/5YR/

BB8738A6-5EB9-42AB-90D9-1947F3FC1943.thumb.jpeg.490caebf54ee545b1bb0a74a86efa886.jpeg

• Flames 1

12 hours ago, Olé said:

I know you know this @Mr Popodopolousbut here you go, live and up to date every day, with exactly the comparison you are  making: http://nopen.co.uk
 25BCD6A1-5C42-47CB-8311-A5282902DFC0.thumb.jpeg.5a92b18aaff4c7351a97da55b40581db.jpeg

It is the teams that haven't played all 5 seasons that are ridiculous. Rotherham has been relegated twice in the 5 years and had 17 penalties. There are 4 teams that have played 2 seasons in League One that have earned (many) more Champ penalties than us last 5 seasons.

Summary: http://nopen.co.uk/5YR/

BB8738A6-5EB9-42AB-90D9-1947F3FC1943.thumb.jpeg.490caebf54ee545b1bb0a74a86efa886.jpeg

I'd say Hull has a right to be a bit miffed, too ( not as much as us though! ), but they are half/double the statistical average awarded.