IGNORED

Downsy- another moan thread

ohhhshauntaylor

23 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Today he was once again useless. 
He displayed his clear lack of any football knowledge when announcing substitutions (he literally has a team sheet, and players in front of him with there names/numbers on their back)

Also at HT he made a pathetic attempted gag when announcing an engagement (which weirdly followed two announcements of fans who had passed- where his tone was almost comical and… “on a brighter note” type theme) to suggest he is available to be DJ @ the wedding. 

I don’t think he has any impact on results etc- but he hardly does anything to improve the atmosphere. 

In his defence the fourth official working the substitution board clearly didn’t know how to use it! Put Sykes going off and Tanner coming on when they were both waiting to come on the pitch 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2022 at 00:21, Red-Robbo said:

I realise that the stadium announcer, half-time fare, general acoustics, non-existent WiFi and poor choice of music is only a distraction from the paucity of coherence shown on the pitch, BUT the fact we get someone better suited to be a Butlin's Red Coat blethering on the mic, adds just more misery and embarassment to visits to AG for me.

He's probably a cracking bloke, but I don't think this is the right gig for him and I think the entire way HT's are handled needs to be rethought.  What happened to the latest scores?  As the only way you can get WiFi is to look at your phone during the match, they'd be informative, and we're getting to the stage in the season where it may be crucial to know what the rest of the strugglers are doing. 

Re the wifi, they have recently upgraded it and I now get wifi 6 signal in the ground.  It's not perfect, and you have to bear in mind that you've potentially got 10000+ trying to access it at the same time, but it is a massive improvement on what it was.  That said, half time scores were always a good time filler for half time, so I don't see why they're no longer read out.

6 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Re the wifi, they have recently upgraded it and I now get wifi 6 signal in the ground.  It's not perfect, and you have to bear in mind that you've potentially got 10000+ trying to access it at the same time, but it is a massive improvement on what it was.  That said, half time scores were always a good time filler for half time, so I don't see why they're no longer read out.

I get nada. Maybe it's EE that's the culprit?

That said, if Glastonbury Festival can provide working WiFi for 200,000 people wandering around, (as they do these days), City should be able to cater for 20,000.

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I get nada. Maybe it's EE that's the culprit?

That said, if Glastonbury Festival can provide working WiFi for 200,000 people wandering around, (as they do these days), City should be able to cater for 20,000.

Possibly - I'm with EE and the service is shaky at the ground.  Definitely noticed an improvement in the wifi though.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Shambles from him. Worst thing of the evening.

There are two numbers put up on the board. Match them to the sheet in your hand and read the names. If you’re not sure which team it is, wait until someone moves. 

Not sure it was him.

But whoever it was needs to find something else to do. Absolute shambles. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Can't believe he got two subs wrong at the same time.

Apparently Sergio Gomez* came on for both Nathan Ake and Phil Foden in the 83rd minute whilst Jay Dasilva** came on for both Cam Pring and Nahki Wells (which were five minutes apart!)

*The other sub was Cole Palmer.

**The other sub was Marlee Francois.

Edited by TBW
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Embarrassing. I'm sure he's very good at all the radio DJ stuff, playing higher or lower etc etc to the 1500 people who are in their seats half an hour before kick off, but his bread and butter should be the football announcements to 26000 the correct bloody substitutes. Gomez came on 3 times, Wells came off twice, the stadium was laughing at him. I'm sure we can get someone with some football knowledge who can shout 'this is Ashton Gate' before the game

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

On 26/12/2022 at 20:33, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Today he was once again useless. 
He displayed his clear lack of any football knowledge when announcing substitutions (he literally has a team sheet, and players in front of him with there names/numbers on their back)

As above. 
I could quite clearly see from my seat in the south stand the substitution- he is 10 yards away, armed with a team sheet, and with visibility of the player walking off/on. 

1 minute ago, East Londoner said:

He’s no worse than others I’ve seen/heard at away games 

However the minutes applause confused me, on the tv it seemed he was telling people to please applaud John Motson whilst they were already doing it and they then stopped once he said that 

Nothing was announced in the stadium. Everyone just started to shhhh and boo people who were still making noise as the players and ref stood in the middle. 

Then when it was silent, he started the intro to it. Picture on the screens and clapping started. He stopped as clearly people clapping wasn’t in the script, got his composure and continued for more “amble”. Then said the moments applause would start and end on the referees whistle, despite applauding having been undertaken for maybe 30 seconds? 
Ref gave it maybe 2 seconds then continued with the formalities and got us going. 

• Haha 1