IGNORED

Downsy- another moan thread

ohhhshauntaylor

Today he was once again useless. 
He displayed his clear lack of any football knowledge when announcing substitutions (he literally has a team sheet, and players in front of him with there names/numbers on their back)

Also at HT he made a pathetic attempted gag when announcing an engagement (which weirdly followed two announcements of fans who had passed- where his tone was almost comical and… “on a brighter note” type theme) to suggest he is available to be DJ @ the wedding. 

I don’t think he has any impact on results etc- but he hardly does anything to improve the atmosphere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

He displayed his clear lack of any football knowledge when announcing substitutions (he literally has a team sheet, and players in front of him with there names/numbers on their back)

Also at HT he made a pathetic attempted gag when announcing an engagement (which weirdly followed two announcements of fans who had passed- where his tone was almost comical and… “on a brighter note” type theme) to suggest he is available to be DJ @ the wedding. 

I don’t think he has any impact on results etc- but he hardly does anything to improve the atmosphere. 

He's crap at the rugby too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Regarding the subs announcement - that was the fourth official's fault from what I could see. Looked like City subs were due to go up first but when the board went up it was for the West Brom sub. But one of the sub numbers was the same as the City one so it seemed as if the City sub was happening. Its actually a mistake I made on more than one occasion when I was on the mic. I thought Downsy handled the mix up well.

And as someone else mentioned above - it seems strange to be calling out the stadium announcer when there are so many more things that could be moaned about right now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I realise that the stadium announcer, half-time fare, general acoustics, non-existent WiFi and poor choice of music is only a distraction from the paucity of coherence shown on the pitch, BUT the fact we get someone better suited to be a Butlin's Red Coat blethering on the mic, adds just more misery and embarassment to visits to AG for me.

He's probably a cracking bloke, but I don't think this is the right gig for him and I think the entire way HT's are handled needs to be rethought.  What happened to the latest scores?  As the only way you can get WiFi is to look at your phone during the match, they'd be informative, and we're getting to the stage in the season where it may be crucial to know what the rest of the strugglers are doing. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

There should be two simple criteria when employing an announcer for this job:

1. Does he have the voice that is clear and emotive (think Anfield)

2. Is he a City fan??

Downsey doesn’t have the voice and isn’t a City (of even a football) fan

Sorry - we need him out (but not quite as much as Pearson!)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Proper bothers me when he says substitution for the baggies or potters. it is west bromwich albion and stoke city. Never liked the bloke

I said exactly the same thing at the time when they were making their substitutions. We’re far to welcoming to other teams both on and off the pitch

• Like 4

14 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Did you notice we actually played the WBA song Liquidatir just to welcome them to our stadium you couldnt make it up .