IGNORED

Downsy- another moan thread

ohhhshauntaylor

5 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

He’s no worse than others I’ve seen/heard at away games 

However the minutes applause confused me, on the tv it seemed he was telling people to please applaud John Motson whilst they were already doing it and they then stopped once he said that 

The clapping was spontaneous and about 30 seconds ahead of Downsy. No one wanted silence once we saw the picture of Motty, the clapping started, which Andre Marriner obviously realised so the only reason to blow his whistle was for it to stop and the game get started.

36 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

However the minutes applause confused me, on the tv it seemed he was telling people to please applaud John Motson whilst they were already doing it and they then stopped once he said that 

That’s happened before. Total confusion 

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

That’s happened before. Total confusion 

It goes back to previously mentioned comments in this thread. 

He isn’t a football fan/follower- so there’s probably lots of things he simply doesn’t understand/know how to manage/communicate- things like the applause last night- a prime example

As others mentioned- the “bigging up” of away teams/calling them by their nicknames is very amateurish. 

in the nicest possible way- he’s not very good at what he does. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tommy_b said:

Shambles from him. Worst thing of the evening.

There are two numbers put up on the board. Match them to the sheet in your hand and read the names. If you’re not sure which team it is, wait until someone moves. 

I’ve tried giving him a chance and seeing why he might still be in a job. I can just about take cringey stuff he does before the game and at half time but the fact of the matter is he’s got zero connection to the fans and this is not the first time he’s got subs/teams wrong. Time to move him on 

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

He has previous for this kind of interaction with fans. He’s allowed to tweet what he wants of course but it’s not good. 

He has done that sort of thing a few times, and it just looks unprofessional. I know he's criticised quite heavily on there, but he needs to rise above this sort of thing.

I remember some silly interaction he got sucked into a while back about meeting up in the club coffee shop.. and some inappropriate sexualised objectifying comment about the rugby team (which would've rightly caused uproar if said about the women's team). 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, East Londoner said:

Yes, the subs were bad enough, but the minutes silence/applause was shambolic….just embarrasing. 

The Motson script, why not adapt. People were clapping, why they say it'll start on the referee's whistle. Need to adapt there.

And then the announcements were a shambles. Surely he knew he already announced the subs before? I felt bad that Francios didn't get the announcement he deserved. 

Professional club, unprofessional announcer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Homosexual man likes pics of other men. I’m sure a lot of men on this forum have liked many pics of woman…

Quite. 
I assumed the person having a pop at him with “we can see your likes” was about him liking all the negative comments made regarding his performance and not the non-football related stuff.