IGNORED

Downsy- another moan thread

ohhhshauntaylor

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I only knew it was for Motty when his photo popped up on the screens.

With Man City fans still singing and City fans calling for them to shut up……and then then the timing of the announcement made it a complete shambles.…

….and later came the repeated incorrect substitutions ?

As Alan would say though:

zYZQPBFYDBdR.gif

• Like 2

Subs were a shambles.

the minutes silence/applause. I thought it didn't start because of the TV ad break. I was in the ground and Dowsey had someone over his shoulder telling him when to speak. I assumed it was a timing cock up because of this, i.e the ref lined the players up to early and no one really knew what to do.

Agree though. He needs to go. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RedM said:

Exactly this. It seems we as a club have gone so far to be inclusive that it almost goes full circle and bites itself on the ass and becomes exclusive, excluding its main 'customers', the adults!

Yes, youngsters are the 'fans of the future' but on a matchday etc their 'part' has been bigged up too much. Keep the games etc in the Family area and let the adults be treated like adults. 

It has felt this way ever since the redevelopment. Downsy does too much talking on the mic too, let the atmosphere build naturally from the fans in the stands.

To be honest his entire tone comes across as patronising and 'look at me' 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 2015 said:

It has felt this way ever since the redevelopment. Downsy does too much talking on the mic too, let the atmosphere build naturally from the fans in the stands.

To be honest his entire tone comes across as patronising and 'look at me' 

It's been going on for so long I've got a suspicion that The Club are happy with the status quo. I'd like to see the Lloyd/Shires combo back. Obs not going to happen :(

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Always thought he's okay for rugby but football I dunno...didn't he mess up one or two of the substitutions the other week??

On a side note and I'm not criticising him with regards this aspect but why did we play The Liquidator again pre game??

I know you say not criticism of him but the liquidator has been played pre game on and off for at least 30 years. Although closely associated with a few clubs it is just a generic football song.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

I know you say not criticism of him but the liquidator has been played pre game on and off for at least 30 years. Although closely associated with a few clubs it is just a generic football song.

I like hearing the the Liquidator pre match. Takes me back 50 odd years to my youth.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I like hearing the the Liquidator pre match. Takes me back 50 odd years to my youth.

Shut up.

Next thing you’ll be saying is you used to take your talc and slide about to The Snake in Wigan.

Or you was a regular at the Bamboo Club. Or Western Star….. ?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Shut up.

Next thing you’ll be saying is you used to take your talc and slide about to The Snake in Wigan.

Or you was a regular at the Bamboo Club. Or Western Star….. ?

Went there a few times. It was so full of smoke I was stoned within 10mins!.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I was sat down with my two year old jumping about on my lap, and I still managed to see that it was Cornick who scored. . . :facepalm:

To be fair (and I can't believe I'm even slightly sticking up for Downsy) we're sat directly behind the goal in the SS and it wasn't immediately clear until the first replay whether Harry's touch was behind the line or not. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

To be fair (and I can't believe I'm even slightly sticking up for Downsy) we're sat directly behind the goal in the SS and it wasn't immediately clear until the first replay whether Harry's touch was behind the line or not. 

Watching it live from my position in the SS at first glance it looked like it had crossed the line before Cornick made sure 

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Always thought he's okay for rugby but football I dunno...didn't he mess up one or two of the substitutions the other week??

Other than him announcing Gomez coming on for Man City for 2 players at the same time and then Dasilva coming off the bench for us twice at different points in the second half he did a great job!

• Like 2

Downsey doesn't have any empathy with both football and rugby. He's just spouting what is written on his sheet of paper.

Personally, I don't like the "boxing match screamers" as football and rugby announcers are there to relay facts to spectators. My favourite one is the Liverpool guy. No screaming, shouting, just information that can be heard and understood by the crowd.

The players and fans are there to create atmosphere, not some idiot with a microphone.

PS. Radio Bris commentators were in doubt initially who actually scored. Does it matter who had the last touch. It's a goal for our City!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I mean it's not a terrible song. I associate it more with Chelsea, West Brom and Wolves tbh. On Boxing Day we played it pre West Brom game which probably gave them an unexpected boost!

Overall I do prefer something a bit more City themed.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous