IGNORED

Downsy- another moan thread

ohhhshauntaylor

5 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

I was really annoyed Wells missed out on what should have been a deserved standing ovation off! Instead he read out the Man City subs whist he was walking off then He read out the Pring for JD sub again!!!

I was in the Dolman.

When he repeated that previous substitution, people were saying he was making our club look amateurish.

If so, hopefully, most of his announcements couldn't be clearly heard during the live coverage on national TV,

Downsey and his mate Mic clearly aren't suited and the sooner they part company the better.

Now that would be an announcment worth making,

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Street red said:

To be honest he is awful but the tannoy system and the speaker set up doesn't help,A full ground it's horrendous.

But apparently, Dick Emery's "Mandy" likes him,

(Most older members on here might understand this. The young ones will think "what!!!?")

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Homosexual man likes pics of other men. I’m sure a lot of men on this forum have liked many pics of woman…

Probably worth keeping those kinds of pictures out of the public eye when you're a public figure and face of the club though, no? Male or female. I'm sure people would find it a bit unprofessional if JL started liking pictures of naked women on his page too.

Edited by TBW
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He has done that sort of thing a few times, and it just looks unprofessional. I know he's criticised quite heavily on there, but he needs to rise above this sort of thing.

I remember some silly interaction he got sucked into a while back about meeting up in the club coffee shop.. and some inappropriate sexualised objectifying comment about the rugby team (which would've rightly caused uproar if said about the women's team). 

And didn't he see off Scrumpy when he got stroppy when it nicked his hat, Downsey should have gone not Scrumpy!

Seriously, nothing personal but do any of us really like what he does. Time for a rework I think..

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Dredd said:

That's the point I guess. Should there be constant posts about the bloody stadium announcer? He gets under a lot of people's skin and competence should really be the minimum requirement. 

Until he's out... yes.

11 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

I wish someone doing the higher/lower will just keep going lower even on 1 to see what he does, 

Was nice of the club to give the two girls who took part yesterday one mug between them. A half/half mug to share half/half the time each.

The Motson situation is a most odd one and I really don’t understand it. 
As far as I was aware, most clubs had a minutes applause for Motty at the games last weekend. 
We were at home. If we were going to pay our respects to Motty, I don’t know why it wasn’t done on Saturday vs Hull. 

Similarly, we didn’t have a minutes applause pre-match on Saturday for Colin Sexstone, a man who was our CEO for 10 years. All he got was a minor announcement before half the fans were even in their seats. 

Then, we decide to respect Motty last night, when we could’ve done it Saturday, and still no respects paid to Sexstone and it gets completely ballsed up. 
The players were all lined up and ready for the announcement. Where I was sat, everyone was rather confused - why did the beginning of the announcement take so long. Everyone was just standing there waiting for it to start. Then we were unsure if it had actually already started. Then Downsey started waffling on and the applause started and he just kept chatting for about another 40 seconds. 
It was a total shambles, but I’m just more confused as to why we did it last night and not Saturday. 
Of all the many many positives that have come out of last night, this situation is a total embarrassment. 

• Like 15

Rewatching some ITV and even they couldn’t keep up with the subs. At the very end with Silva went off they showed Perrone coming onto the pitch on screen but no commentary on it. The next reference was an on scene graphic showing that Perrone had replaced KDB. Who took the ball from a pass just seconds later…

The bloke needs to go. Not up for the job and doesn't embrace professionalism and the responsibility as a public speaker for BCFC or the Bristol Sport brand. 

Carry on being an old school radio DJ Ian, in various Somerset wine bars etc and lets hope we can employ someone in the role who can deliver the required standard, which is now expected at the gate.... The only joker (who is massively respected at the club is Scott Murray), but Downsy fails miserably in terms of the values now adopted by our hierarchy. 

Edited by Tomo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dredd said:

That's the point I guess. Should there be constant posts about the bloody stadium announcer? He gets under a lot of people's skin and competence should really be the minimum requirement. 

I doubt that it's even a maximum one.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

As far as I was aware, most clubs had a minutes applause for Motty at the games last weekend. 
We were at home. If we were going to pay our respects to Motty, I don’t know why it wasn’t done on Saturday vs Hull. 

Similarly, we didn’t have a minutes applause pre-match on Saturday for Colin Sexstone, a man who was our CEO for 10 years. All he got was a minor announcement before half the fans were even in their seats. 

Then, we decide to respect Motty last night, when we could’ve done it Saturday, and still no respects paid to Sexstone and it gets completely ballsed up. 
The players were all lined up and ready for the announcement. Where I was sat, everyone was rather confused - why did the beginning of the announcement take so long. Everyone was just standing there waiting for it to start. Then we were unsure if it had actually already started. Then Downsey started waffling on and the applause started and he just kept chatting for about another 40 seconds. 
It was a total shambles, but I’m just more confused as to why we did it last night and not Saturday. 
Of all the many many positives that have come out of last night, this situation is a total embarrassment. 

God, you’ve just made me realise we’ve had two home games since Sextone passed and not a single meaningful tribute. That really is a disgrace 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Crackers Corner said:

I wish someone doing the higher/lower will just keep going lower even on 1 to see what he does, 

I remember one game a kid was going that way and he literally asked a couple of times ‘are you sure?’ Before the kid changed their mind 

19 hours ago, Leveller said:

He’s an embarrassment. It’s like having a children’s TV presenter in charge. I know we want to attract little kids as the next generation, but they’re not the only people he’s talking to.

Exactly this. It seems we as a club have gone so far to be inclusive that it almost goes full circle and bites itself on the ass and becomes exclusive, excluding its main 'customers', the adults!

Yes, youngsters are the 'fans of the future' but on a matchday etc their 'part' has been bigged up too much. Keep the games etc in the Family area and let the adults be treated like adults. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

God, you’ve just made me realise we’ve had two home games since Sextone passed and not a single meaningful tribute. That really is a disgrace 

As much as i loved Motty he had no connection to our club unlike Colin Sexstone. It is really poor i wonder whether they did that Tues as it was on ITV.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Harry said:

I thought it was a minutes silence by the way they were all lined up, but we hadn't heard any announcement and most fans were still singing - which then led to people ssshing and booing each other

And I should add, I assumed also that it was for Sexstone, not for Motson!

Edited by MarcusX
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I thought it was a minutes silence by the way they were all lined up, but we hadn't heard any announcement and most fans were still singing - which then led to people ssshing and booing each other

And I should add, I assumed also that it was for Sexstone, not for Motson!

I only knew it was for Motty when his photo popped up on the screens.

With Man City fans still singing and City fans calling for them to shut up……and then then the timing of the announcement made it a complete shambles.…

….and later came the repeated incorrect substitutions ?