IGNORED

Phil Alexander

The Journalist

Never heard of the guy which is a good sign. That being said all those saying good appointment, are these informed opinions or just he's from them prem, he's been there a long time? I see 2 administrations which gives me an Ashton type feeling (although he hung around for them some some brownie points), if he mentions any rigorous processes I'm going to o be instantly triggered ?.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blagdon red said:

I've met Phil Alexander a few times over the years when campaigning for safe standing and always found him approachable and friendly.

It looks like a good appointment to me, not least as it has been made in a timely fashion, leaving a good hand-over period between Richard Gould and him.

Seems like a good appointment. Welcome to the club, Phil. 

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just as a devils advocate thought. 

As well as consultancy at Palace, he’s been a consultant at Wycombe since start of the season - leaves on Jan 20th.

If we did jettison Nige at one point soon, has Gareth Ainsworth just gone up in the betting?

Still wouldnt be against Ainsworth aha

• Like 1

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

As well as consultancy at Palace, he’s been a consultant at Wycombe since start of the season - leaves on Jan 20th.

If we did jettison Nige at one point soon, has Gareth Ainsworth just gone up in the betting?

I guess the only question is would he ever leave Wycombe?  If he would then   I wouldn’t be averse to him at all when the time comes that NP leaves.   

32 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Looks a good appointment on the face of it, a football man with loads of experience at the top. It`s also good IMO that he has 5-6 weeks of working with Richard Gould before he leaves rather than the club floundering around in February with no-one in charge.

Important last sentence. It does appear that we are beginning to get so much right instead of the haphazard way we existed until NP appeared on the scene.

Just one thing left to deal with and that is the minor question of points gathering!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, !james said:

There are some positive and negative view about him on the forum, with many wondering how he managed to last so long with a variety of different owners. The one I like is:

“I am naïve to think he just established himself what ever the new regime was by doing a good job and working for the cause?”

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Doesn’t seem like he did much football related there, more the hard commercial projects 

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

There are some positive and negative view about him on the forum, with many wondering how he managed to last so long with a variety of different owners. The one I like is:

“I am naïve to think he just established himself what ever the new regime was by doing a good job and working for the cause?”

Unlike football fans to be cynical about areas they know little/nothing about ??

Wow that's a better appointment than I expected considering Gould leaving was a bit unexpected.

Don't know the details of Palace's history but always seemed like a well run club and a similar path to one we'd like to follow (minus th administrations :laugh:)

Can't complain about 3 promotions in his tenure?!

Edited by YGBjammy

Seems vastly experienced, and of the top two divisions at that, ie his time at Crystal Palace.

Two administrations but not exactly his fault, surely the owner calls the shots and the CEO does his bidding in a privately owned football club type set-up. Don't think Jordan is a great fan fwiw, found a quote on that Palace thread. Administration is no concern IMO unless or until SL runs out of money or gets bored funding us.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous