IGNORED

Phil Alexander

The Journalist

Looks good on paper and from chat. Hopefully comes in with an open mind and a desire to engage all parts of the club. 

I am glad that it's someone from outside of the Club, and seemingly from outside of Lansdown's immediate circle. Gould was an outside voice and has been brilliant in his short time with us. Hopefully this is even better given Alexander is a real football man.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Exiled Robin said:

Doesn’t seem like he did much football related there, more the hard commercial projects 

Unlike football fans to be cynical about areas they know little/nothing about ??

I believe it’s the commercial side we need to sweat more!

As for his appointment, not got too much of a view…CV looks good, but I did find one skeleton on LinkedIn

0621A1E3-6204-4094-82EA-E79381D104B7.thumb.jpeg.f41c89402af3b3b030ecc9410d7e942a.jpeg

Pleased re the appointment because it had gone very quiet in the higher echelons of the club.  Pleased he will get a good handover period too.  Fear for me was appointing someone who had to give notice.

Will judge when seen him in action (not on the pitch, although he has one more professional appearance than Mark Ashton, besides his goal kicking for the Monarchs - remember Clive Allen was their kicker at one point).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Never heard of the guy which is a good sign. That being said all those saying good appointment, are these informed opinions or just he's from them prem, he's been there a long time? I see 2 administrations which gives me an Ashton type feeling (although he hung around for them some some brownie points), if he mentions any rigorous processes I'm going to o be instantly triggered ?.

Hopefully he's never been on anyone's books as a youth team goalkeeper.

Anyway, just to add my congratulations to City on making a very astute appointment. Sounds like someone who can oversee ownership changes. Hmm.

2 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Extract from link, but very positive from ex employer - 

Chairman Steve Parish commented: “Phil has been an integral part of CPFC for the last 26 years, and it’s fair to say his contribution to the club is immeasurable. Quite apart from his unswerving loyalty, day-to-day hard work, Phil has been the most loyal of servants steering the club through not one, but two, periods when the very existence of the club was threatened.

“During those two administrations Phil was instrumental in holding the club together. He brought in the management team that kept the club in the championship in 2010 on that famous day in Sheffield and set the club on course for where it is today.

“We wish him every possible success in his new job. On a personal note I would like to publicly thank you Phil, you’ve been brilliant to work with we’ve had an enormous amount of pressure at times but also a huge amount of fun.

"Good luck mate, we look forward to seeing you back at Selhurst sometime soon.”

Does that mean Palace will be relegated?

6 minutes ago, Atyeo's lift said:

Does that mean Palace will be relegated?

Err, think it pretty much guarantees a second half of the season revival for City, just missing out on automatic, followed by play off glory. First game of the Prem 23/24 season an avine derby at Selhurst Park. 

26 years as Palace CEO. Longest of any CEO in Prem league.

Says City have everything in place infrastructure wise to be Prem ready.

If we can get the team going in the right direction, you probably couldn't ask for a better CEO to make a push.

Will have so much experience and contacts. 

Put forward as CEO of the year last year as well.

A football man with a vast amount of experience at the highest level.

You couldn't ask for more really.

I guess working with no budget will be the test.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

This looks a very good appointment.

Different gravy to Ashton in the sense that he's got a stable employment record.

Let’s get this framed, we agree! ?

Reckon Gould (who I rate highly) was heavily involved in the recruitment of his successor (thank goodness).

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Super said:

Never heard of him. Good luck though.

I’m seeing the fact I have never heard of him as a good thing. From the little I know, he seems to have spent 26 years running a football club whilst getting on with his job behind the scenes and not seeking attention. 

On paper, this looks like a good appointment and I posted on here on Saturday that I felt we needed someone in ASAP. If nothing else, it gives the club a steer and a direction again.

• Like 2

• SC&T Board Members
30 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Love him if he can help improve the atmosphere at AG given Palace's reputation on that score

That atmosphere is largely down to the fans (ultras) themselves. But Phil Alexander (and Steve Parish) always encouraged it, had an open dialogue with the group and helped it to flourish.

He won't personally be able to create an impoved atmosphere at AG (which we badly need), but he has shown a willingness in the past to work with those who can.

• Like 3