IGNORED

Phil Alexander

The Journalist

3 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Is Bristol City’s new CEO. Slightly left-field but lots of experience at Crystal Palace.

Not heard of before today but as you say, 26 years as CEO of Palace under various regimes and through the club being in admin twice suggests he ticks the experience box. Although a CEO who oversees a club going into admin doesn’t seem a great look!

Pros for me is that if I look at Palace they bring through youth and use the academy well, so fits with the ethos. Clear experience and at a very good level. Seems a good fit at first look.

• Like 5

Just now, lenred said:

Seems an incredibly astute appointment on the face of it, fair play to the Board.   Be interesting to know why he is leaving Palace for us.   

Left in May and was working as a consultant for them:

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/statement/phil-alexander-takes-on-a-new-role-as-a-palace-consultant/2022-05-10/

Maybe wants to get feet wet again. The fact that he left but they still wanted him engaged is good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/statement/phil-alexander-takes-on-a-new-role-as-a-palace-consultant/2022-05-10/

Maybe wants to get feet wet again. The fact that he left but they still wanted him engaged is good

Thanks Silvio.  On wiki it said he was still in post.   As you say, the fact Palace wanted him to continue is a really good sign. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Extract from link, but very positive from ex employer - 

Chairman Steve Parish commented: “Phil has been an integral part of CPFC for the last 26 years, and it’s fair to say his contribution to the club is immeasurable. Quite apart from his unswerving loyalty, day-to-day hard work, Phil has been the most loyal of servants steering the club through not one, but two, periods when the very existence of the club was threatened.

“During those two administrations Phil was instrumental in holding the club together. He brought in the management team that kept the club in the championship in 2010 on that famous day in Sheffield and set the club on course for where it is today.

“We wish him every possible success in his new job. On a personal note I would like to publicly thank you Phil, you’ve been brilliant to work with we’ve had an enormous amount of pressure at times but also a huge amount of fun.

"Good luck mate, we look forward to seeing you back at Selhurst sometime soon.”

• Thanks 1

A very positive appointment, could probably teach Richard a thing or two about being a football CEO?

Some good news at last and he’s here for the January window, I expect to see a lot of player movement.

He will have a lot of experience dealing with agents etc.

2 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

A very positive appointment, could probably teach Richard a thing or two about being a football CEO?

Some good news at last and he’s here for the January window, I expect to see a lot of player movement.

He will have a lot of experience dealing with agents etc.

Richard Gould will be overseeing the January transfer window and although this looks a great appointment, it's still a shame Richard is leaving.

• Like 6

At last a steady experienced CEO hopefully now this will kick us on as Pearson said we need to stick together and have patience a man like Alexander with experience of clubs close to admin and lacking the cash we can move away from this period. I've become frustrated with the Lansdowns but they seem to be getting the message. Good appointment in my book.?

• Like 4

I don't know anything of him or why he wants to leave Palace, but appears to be a cracking appointment.
Specially with the little Tweet from 3Peaps.

1147598697_Screenshot2022-12-28at10_21_18.png.8ff90b2c4009f5369e07f2f54bbd4b73.png

EDIT:
Ok, so was CEO at Palace from 96 and after a short break has been working as consultant for Palace. 
Did 26 years with the Club , so no fly by night. 

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 2

Imo RG is a hard act to follow but this guy has an impressive CV so hopefully he’ll be able to utilise  his knowledge and experience when he joins us. He’ll obviously have numerous contacts within the industry all most certainly more than RG has who, let’s face it deep down he’s a cricket man and has landed the top job in the ECB.

• Like 4

• SC&T Board Members

I've met Phil Alexander a few times over the years when campaigning for safe standing and always found him approachable and friendly.

It looks like a good appointment to me, not least as it has been made in a timely fashion, leaving a good hand-over period between Richard Gould and him.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5