IGNORED

Millwall away match thread

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Play five defenders in their correct positions and it shows we can contain teams. Just really disappointing we didn't take one of those two golden chances. 2 pts off relegation zone, 4 off the bottom - still plenty of work to do.

Let’s just hope Pearson has learnt his lesson on that front. Amazed it needed learning but there we go 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, mozo said:

We've said that before and it didn't happen!

The league table isn't nice to look at atm.

But it isn’t for many teams. It’s so open. It’ll be stressful but I think we’ll be absolutely fine. This team is levels apart from a McInnes/SO’D relegation team, and we have more quality than the bottom 3. 

I standby (pure hunch) we will speed up ‘trading’ have a big January and pull away. Even without it, I think we have more than enough. 

• Like 2
Just now, ashton_fan said:

It seems to be at home is our main problem, Nige has to sort that one out

There is a bit of recency bias there.

We dominated vs Sheffield United somehat, had the better of things v Watford and vs Stoke 1st half as well as a goal and some phases of pressure, we hit the post at 1 up.

Objectively our performances at home, apart from 2nd half Monday, 1st half v QPR and Millwall at home really haven't been so bad.

• Like 5

No one, and I mean no one can complain at that performance and result. 

Millwall have been in fine form. We've gone there and without a doubt should have walked away with the 3 points. 

A point away at Millwall is always a very good point. The majority of teams would be pleased with that. 

Performance levels were great. Work ethic was spot on. Just need to see more of this. 

• Like 12
15 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Hopefully this proves a point to Nige to play your best eleven available, in their best positions.

Should have been 3 points but that was better.

Yep. Play people in their familiar positions. Genuinely thought we looked a much better football side than Millwall. In fact we have quite a few teams. What we lack are 3 or so players with that agressive winning mentality that the likes of Millwall have. Keep that second half performance and (despite his bad miss!) keep Weimann in a position where he can upset the opposition, and we can get out of this mess. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We dominated vs Sheffield United somehat, had the better of things v Watford and vs Stoke 1st half as well as a goal and some phases of pressure, we hit the post at 1 up.

Objectively our performances at home, apart from 2nd half Monday, 1st half v QPR and Millwall at home really haven't been so bad.

I remember a time where we couldn't get a shot on target at home, let alone a home win. 

Those games you mentioned, we deserved to win. Sheffield United we battered, and they are now joint top. Norwood should have seen red and their goal was clearly offside. 

Things are not as bad as people are making out. 

WBA second half was the worst I've seen us play for a while, but it was WBA who have done well recently. 

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Spike said:

A lot of names thrown about today but Pring has been brilliant I think, great under pressure, good putting players under pressure, passing has been solid too and he's given as good as he's got.

Good RB McNamara he’s up against too, plus Voglslammer is a physical unit too.

I thought Tanner grew into it…a lot of our success second half came down our right…he saw Tyler Burey off, and he also allowed Vyner to stride forward in the second half.

A winner would’ve been sweet.

A good point, earned the right second half by being sensible / safe / hardworking first half.  Weimann found some nice pockets too.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Totally agree. 

Tonight    + 2
Stoke       + 3
Watford   +2
Sheff        +2
Swansea + 2

With luck we could have won any of those games, not realistic to say we could have won them all of course but we could easily be sitting on 6 more points if things had gone gone our way. Things could be looking a lot healthier. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Totally agree. 

Tonight    + 2
Stoke       + 3
Watford   +2
Sheff        +2
Swansea + 2

With luck we could have won any of those games, not realistic to say we could have won them all of course but we could easily be sitting on 6 more points if things had gone gone our way. Things could be looking a lot healthier. 

I'm not so sure I agree Swansea wise as we seemed to have to absorb some 2nd half- but am a bit conservative with some of my predictions. We got 3 pts from those 5 games, am thinking we should have another 4 minimum.  Maybe another 6-8 (3 vs Sheffield United,  Stoke another 1-3 and 2 v Watford).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think a draw fair overall.

Given our 2 Weimann misses and the block from the keeper on Semenyo, I have us just ahead. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good RB McNamara he’s up against too, plus Voglslammer is a physical unit too.

I thought Tanner grew into it…a lot of our success second half came down our right…he saw Tyler Burey off, and he also allowed Vyner to stride forward in the second half.

A winner would’ve been sweet.

A good point, earned the right second half by being sensible / safe / hardworking first half.  Weimann found some nice pockets too.

He obviously lacks a bit of the others ability to go past players, but he adds balance . I thought we looked a lot better tonight as a team. Weimann more involved and defence looked better. Just needed that goal.  
Looking forward to getting Wilson in.