IGNORED

Swansea City at home in the FA Cup match thread

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Remember the Chelsea game in poor conditions, one of my favourite city games. Brilliant 

I remember Rob Turner missing the ball and Dave Bessants head when bob taylor scored the opener. I also remember watching the game back and hearing Greavsie's poor 'Bryant & May' quip.

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

No, it’s been selected for international coverage so can’t show it on RTV.

It does mean there should be quite a few streams available though 

Ralph, FA Cup games have never been streamed on RobinsTV. So really lucky for streamers that it is being shown internationally. Unfortunately I'll be down there so I'll miss all the hoo ha of people not finding any links on hesgoal or downloading various malware, all whilst someone says all the games are on IPTV and someone else then asks what IPTV is ... :).

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I thought Turner 2 and Gavin 1 scored 

You're probably right, but I refuse to cheat and fact check befiore posting. I'll do it now.

(Edit: Yep. You are right. It was superbob who nearly took besants head off, with robbie turner scoring on the follow up.)

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I remember Rob Turner missing the ball and Dave Bessants head when bob taylor scored the opener. I also remember watching the game back and hearing Greavsie's poor 'Bryant & May' quip.

It was WET! but fantastic 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Ralph, FA Cup games have never been streamed on RobinsTV. So really lucky for streamers that it is being shown internationally. Unfortunately I'll be down there so I'll miss all the hoo ha of people not finding any links on hesgoal or downloading various malware, all whilst someone says all the games are on IPTV and someone else then asks what IPTV is ... :).

Yes I thought the same but the clubs own statement - Due to Sunday’s Emirates FA Cup fixture against Swansea City being selected for international broadcast there will be no Robins TV stream available to supporters- suggests it would have been.

I’ll be there too as long this cold/cough doesn’t reappear for the umpteenth time tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I remember that game. Loved that one.

We came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. Dele Adebola! It was like a monsoon that night.

Me too. I went for a pee just before half time in the toilets between the Dolman and East End. Can remember standing by the corner flag watching the last few mins of the first half as a ball swirling in the wind was misjudged by our keeper (Basso probably) and flew over his head to make it 1-0 to them.

Second half was brilliant, a genuine draw that felt like a win. Adebola was an absolute beast that game.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

You're probably right, but I refuse to cheat and fact check befiore posting. I'll do it now.

(Edit: Yep. You are right. It was superbob who nearly took besants head off, with robbie turner scoring on the follow up.)

Plus - Matt Bryant hadn't made his debut yet, Andy May hadn't signed yet and the game was broadcast by the BBC.

Other than that Sleepy, we agree with everything you say ?

• Haha 3
13 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Just trying to remember that Chelsea team now, what was it:

Peter Bonetti, 

Micky Droy

John Terry

Micky Haphazard

Ruud Gullitt

Zola

Peter Osgood

John Bumstead

.... what a team

And Kevin bloody Wilson 

He wrote this straight after that match…

• Haha 6
1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes I thought the same but the clubs own statement - Due to Sunday’s Emirates FA Cup fixture against Swansea City being selected for international broadcast there will be no Robins TV stream available to supporters- suggests it would have been.

I’ll be there too as long this cold/cough doesn’t reappear for the umpteenth time tomorrow.

Ha. I reckon I got more things right on my Chelsea post than they usually do, but I guess things might have changed. Hope you get to the game, especially if you've already paid for it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

Great afternoon, think I was in the shed with my mates.  Seem to recall it being a little lively outside as well, lots of little groups of Chelsea fans looking for trouble after the game. One of those games to get away from really quickly

The Chelsea fans who were kept in at the end of the game ripped off the roof tiles from the shed where the big press box is now and were throwing them over to those leaving the Williams Stand. Fortunately their accuracy was similar to the Chelsea players on field.