IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

7 hours ago, italian dave said:

And presumably if someone came round your house and smashed all your windows your only thought would be of profound gratitude to the glazier for coming quickly to board them up?

I wouldnt just sit there in the cold with my kids either if someone was offering to fix the windows. Especially if offered some new fancy double glazing. Im 100% against people taking other peoples seats. People should respect seat numbers on tickets. Im talking about those season ticket holders who just dont want to be around a rowdy bunch of Billy Big Bollox laaaaads who want to give it the bigun. Dont have it infront of me but pretty sure the block A seats are cheaper than others coz of the restricted view. There cant be that many season ticket holders in there. Could the club seriously not make them an offer of some seating with an improved view at no cost. Would cost the club very little. That way most ( not everyone) will be relatively happy instead of the way its going where everyone will be pissed off with the outcome.

15 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

Option A: Achnowledge and facilitate the attempt to improve the atmosphere while reaching out in good will to affected fans

Option B: Try to shut it down, no improved atmosphere, indignant fans and most likely, disgruntled season ticket holders having to endure "Ultras" continuing their attempts

It will be option B all day long !!

2 hours ago, Colombo Robin said:

Option A: Achnowledge and facilitate the attempt to improve the atmosphere while reaching out in good will to affected fans

Option B: Try to shut it down, no improved atmosphere, indignant fans and most likely, disgruntled season ticket holders having to endure "Ultras" continuing their attempts

Very simplistic and naive.

Option C

Approach the club or the supporters club and trust to discuss possibilities. I always understood the Dolman to be too steep and not enough room between the seats for standing. Talking will at least tell you if it's even possible.

Option  D

Realise that nothing is going to be achieved mid season so put all your effort in for next.

Option E

Prove you are serious by helping to fund some of the things you want or do you expect the club to pay? (Don't worry, I know the answer)

Option F

Realise, just for one minute that YOU bought your current ticket, no one else. That entitles you to sit in that seat and nowhere else. Think also about the current season ticket holders there, why should they move? Especially mid season.

Come on, you must know all this surely! You can't just take over an area because you feel like it, it doesn't work that way.

Communicate, discuss, see what's possible, ask, don't demand, get the SC@T on board first. But be realistic..... for NEXT season.

Finally, if you bought a ticket to see your favourite band, let's say at the gate. You paid more than some to be on the pitch, nice position near the front. When you arrived all the seats on the pitch were taken! Some people had got onto the pitch and the stewards could do nothing about it.

Sorry Sir, but we couldn't stop them but you can choose another seat in the stands.....?

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

Very simplistic and naive.

Option C

Approach the club or the supporters club and trust to discuss possibilities. I always understood the Dolman to be too steep and not enough room between the seats for standing. Talking will at least tell you if it's even possible.

Option  D

Realise that nothing is going to be achieved mid season so put all your effort in for next.

Option E

Prove you are serious by helping to fund some of the things you want or do you expect the club to pay? (Don't worry, I know the answer)

Option F

Realise, just for one minute that YOU bought your current ticket, no one else. That entitles you to sit in that seat and nowhere else. Think also about the current season ticket holders there, why should they move? Especially mid season.

Come on, you must know all this surely! You can't just take over an area because you feel like it, it doesn't work that way.

Communicate, discuss, see what's possible, ask, don't demand, get the SC@T on board first. But be realistic..... for NEXT season.

Finally, if you bought a ticket to see your favourite band, let's say at the gate. You paid more than some to be on the pitch, nice position near the front. When you arrived all the seats on the pitch were taken! Some people had got onto the pitch and the stewards could do nothing about it.

Sorry Sir, but we couldn't stop them but you can choose another seat in the stands.....?

I don't think anyone is condoning people stealing other people's seats with duplicate tickets - that's obviously wrong. 

I agree it's also unrealistic to expect a great deal to happen mid season, but the caveat for that is that a better atmosphere helps the team.. and the team needs help. 

You're completely right that dialogue with the club is the way to go, I just hope they're receptive to finding a solution and don't try to shut it down without any form of compromise. 

• Like 2

I think we could solve this "atmosphere" issue by getting S82 and the A-Block Ultras to come together as one (think Band Aid in Stone Island) to simply record a Long Player of their "Greatest Hits" (My Old Man / Sheep, Sheep, Sheep Shaggers / Is that All You Bring Away / You're Shit Aaaaaaaaaah etc etc) that could then simply be played over tannoy in the Atyeo to suitably rile up the nasty away fans. If the tech allowed it you could probably control the playlist through Spotify so a pithy & well timed chant is ready and waiting for you to direct at the away fans/Steve or Jon Lansdown/the Stewards  at the opportune moment. All without even bothering to stand up/move seats/give a shit about other fans. 

• Haha 11
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I think we could solve this "atmosphere" issue by getting S82 and the A-Block Ultras to come together as one (think Band Aid in Stone Island) to simply record a Long Player of their "Greatest Hits" (My Old Man / Sheep, Sheep, Sheep Shaggers / Is that All You Bring Away / You're Shit Aaaaaaaaaah etc etc) that could then simply be played over tannoy in the Atyeo to suitably rile up the nasty away fans. If the tech allowed it you could probably control the playlist through Spotify so a pithy & well timed chant is ready and waiting for you to direct at the away fans/Steve or Jon Lansdown/the Stewards  at the opportune moment. All without even bothering to stand up/move seats/give a shit about other fans. 

Now That's What I Call Aggro could be a number 1 best seller in the hit parade.

That was a A Block Ultras with their new Ian Dury collaberation, Hit Me With You Missing Drumstick.

download 1.jpg

• Haha 6
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I think you’re on to something with the use of technology but why not take it a stage further. If you have a season ticket you could have the option of having a dummy placed on your seat in cold weather and you watch it at home, in the warm, on Robins TV. 

• Flames 1

10 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't think their main motivation is to make a better atmosphere. I think thr main motivation is to have it out with the away fans. I'm not quite sure that's what supporting your club is about. 

From the clubs perspective, they have provided an area and encouraged it. 

Can you expand on what you mean? 

11 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't think their main motivation is to make a better atmosphere. I think thr main motivation is to have it out with the away fans. I'm not quite sure that's what supporting your club is about. 

From the clubs perspective, they have provided an area and encouraged it. 

Agree entirely, not sure why creating an atmosphere has to involve being within shouting (and presumably gesturing) distance of away fans. One thing I noticed last time I was in the away end at Anfield was the way Liverpool fans generally, and especially the Kop, basically ignored the away fans yet still seemed to manage to create an atmosphere and support their team. As to the suggestion that the move to 'A Block' against Birmingham significantly improved the atmosphere, I'd suggest that was more to do with City scoring 4 goals and comfortably winning the game!

Having said all that, I have no problem with fans (especially younger fans) wanting to try something new if they think it will improve the atmosphere, but it has to be done the right way which respects the matchday experience and safety of other fans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Percy Pig said:

Late to this. 

On one hand, God this club love an own goal. Honestly, what a way to put a dampener on a great win and a renewed enthusiasm for supporting the team vociferously.

On the other, standing in someone else's seat is a dick move and I can't imagine the requests to shift it were met with a polite apology...

Got to find a balance here. Too much at stake to fight against fans trying to create an atmosphere. Work with them, encourage them. None of this police state nonsense of throwing unqualified and untrained stewards into a situation and ending up with a group of fans who want to contribute something positive becoming disillusioned or worse angry with the club. 

I'd agree, perhaps they could have said something along the lines of understanding the desire to improve the atmosphere, acknlowedge the improvement and impact it had on the team - but make clear the logistical issues and accept to review the area, accepting for now that existing ST holders must take priority.

It is indeed a dick move to prevent existing ST holders from accessing their seats or obstructing their view

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

What happens if the singers suddenly get the urge to move to yet another area of the ground in the near future?

W10 / W11 could be the next area mentioned

We can profit with some bootlegged dodgy 'Tour' t-shirts, knock 'em out in the car park by the KFC and KERCHING! We'll be able to generate enough cash to park at the Cricket Club! 

A/B(lock) D/B(lock)

I should go on The Apprectice. 

s-l500.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Leveller said:

It’s pretty obvious. There’s a small core of fans who are more interested in eyeballing opposition fans than watching the football. It’s seriously weird and not at all admirable. 

Is it? Well excuse my ignorance then.

And as long as they aren’t hurting anyone what does it matter to you or indeed anyone else whether they are ‘eyeballing’ opposition fans (not really sure how they are doing it from 20metres away, especially further up the stand where you can’t even see the away end but there we go)

IMO If anyone is ‘weird’ it’s people like you getting completely bent out of shape about our fans trying to produce an atmosphere, coming up with desperate reasons as to why it shouldn’t be allowed.   

Edited by lenred
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We can profit with some bootlegged dodgy 'Tour' t-shirts, knock 'em out in the car park by the KFC and KERCHING! We'll be able to generate enough cash to park at the Cricket Club! 

A/B(lock) D/B(lock)

I should go on The Apprectice. 

Not with spelling like that you shouldn't 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sneering comments like this are just weird. Clearly that word is being used because it is synonymous with partisan and passionate support. 

Nowhere have these lads claimed to be Napoli's Curva B. 

Have they even referred to themselves as Ultras? I can't see anything in their IG/twitter referred to in the OP

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Is it? Well excuse my ignorance then.

And as long as they aren’t hurting anyone what does it matter to you or indeed anyone else whether they are ‘eyeballing’ opposition fans (not really sure how they are doing it from 20metres away, especially further up the stand where you can’t even see the away end but there we go)

IMO If anyone is ‘weird’ it’s people like you getting completely bent out of shape about our fans trying to produce an atmosphere, coming up with desperate reasons as to why it shouldn’t be allowed.   

There are people who literally spend their time watching opposition fans while the ball is in play. Their priorities are all wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

There are people who literally spend their time watching opposition fans while the ball is in play. Their priorities are all wrong.

Are there? Really? If there are I’d imagine it’s a very very very small number.   And even if there are why would it bother you? Or anyone else? Pays your money etc etc.   

29 minutes ago, lenred said:

Are there? Really? If there are I’d imagine it’s a very very very small number.   And even if there are why would it bother you? Or anyone else? Pays your money etc etc.   

Absolutely there are. I don’t see it much where I sit, but it’s pretty common at away games in my experience. And I see it in the Dolman end now.

Sure, it’s their choice. But if you move to the end of the Dolman you’re doing it deliberately to get near the away fans, probably to create some tension, not friendly banter. That’s not the sort of “better atmosphere” I want to see in the ground.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, lenred said:

Absolutely yes. More at away games. At Millwall a few years ago I stood next to a group of 4 or 5 young guys who spent the entire match flicking the Vs/flirting with a corresponding group in the Millwall home end.

Same at West Brom in the autumn.

An away day is basically speed dating for some of these chaps it seems. To each his own.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Absolutely yes. More at away games. At Millwall a few years ago I stood next to a group of 4 or 5 young guys who spent the entire match flicking the Vs/flirting with a corresponding group in the Millwall home end.

Same at West Brom in the autumn.

An away day is basically speed dating for some of these chaps it seems. To each his own.

They probably claim it’s ‘fan culture’ or some other label to justify it…?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Basil Fawlty said:

They probably claim it’s ‘fan culture’ or some other label to justify it…?

Honestly I don't need them to justify it. If someone wants to pay £30 to go to the Hawthorns and gurn and wave at another human then fine, that's his prerogative. If that's his 'fan culture' then fine. 

I'll watch what the CDM is doing and speak about xG and read the EFL Regulations, and he can gurn at his new friend. We all follow the game differently.

I was just replying to @lenred to support @Leveller and to say that I've also witnessed that behaviour. I neither condone not support it, so long as it doesn't inconvenience or endanger any fellow attendee.

Edited by ExiledAjax