IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

41 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I thought that five years ago, but the reality was, it was great to see him play.

Agree, he was fantastic. When Flint made it 2-2 on the night it was almost like he took it as a personal affront and grabbed hold of the game to put them straight back in front. It was like he could bend the entire game to his Will through sheer “want”, a la Keane Vs Juventus.

Just a phenomenal, phenomenal player

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mozo said:

Is it too early to talk tactics? I wonder if we go back to a makeshift back 3, which will mostly be a back 5?

I admire your optimism. 

Or put it another way, what difference does it make who we pick, when the game will be decided by who they pick?

If they rest a load, we have a squeak. If they rest a load but pick Haaland, we're in trouble. If they pick a half decent team, it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel and won't matter a jot what formation we line up in.

Anyway, COYR!  

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I admire your optimism. 

Or put it another way, what difference does it make who we pick, when the game will be decided by who they pick?

If they rest a load, we have a squeak. If they rest a load but pick Haaland, we're in trouble. If they pick a half decent team, it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel and won't matter a jot what formation we line up in.

Anyway, COYR!  

I’ve no doubt Man City will field some of their stars - they usually take the domestic cup tournaments seriously. Even if they pick some squad players, the likes of Rico Lewis and Cole Palmer are brilliant.

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Agree, he was fantastic. When Flint made it 2-2 on the night it was almost like he took it as a personal affront and grabbed hold of the game to put them straight back in front. It was like he could bend the entire game to his Will through sheer “want”, a la Keane Vs Juventus.

He is severely underhyped for some reason. Yet for me he is one of the best midfielders I have ever seen. 

At Ashton Gate he covered every single blade of grass and was one of the most complete performances I've ever seen live. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He is severely underhyped for some reason. Yet for me he is one of the best midfielders I have ever seen. 

At Ashton Gate he covered every single blade of grass and was one of the most complete performances I've ever seen live. 

KDB underhyped really?

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yes. Not underrated, underhyped. 

He doesn't receive the same hype as Gerrard had for example.

In fairness KDB is in a team full of stars, Gerrard had to do a lot on his own in pretty poor Liverpool teams.

15 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Although I am sure I remember Brownhill on the right at 2-2 near their box...better ball in and who knows!

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Although I am sure I remember Brownhill on the right at 2-2 near their box...better ball in and who knows!

Yes. Very late in the game - 92nd minute or something - ball into the box and we would have forced extra time had someone nodded it in. They then went up the other end with us having committed everyone forward, and sealed the tie with a winner.

Always thought City did incredibly well to keep that tie competitive over two legs, right up to the final kick of the game. We were never truly out of it, until we were!

• Like 5

Half time in tonight’s CL game… a “masterclass of passing and moving..” Bloody hell…

HT: RB Leipzig 0-1 Man City

Remember, this is a RB Leipzig side full of talent that has lost just one of their last 20 games. They're very good but simply haven't been allowed to play.

Article Reactions
  •  
    96 likes96
  •  
    22 dislikes22
Article share tools
  • Posted at 6:526:52

Post update

HT: RB Leipzig 0-1 Man City

d7c8497a-0542-4600-b335-83b3bafc457b.jpg

Matthew Upson

Former England defender on BBC Radio 5 Live

It's just been an amazing performance. Maybe Pep will feel like this is a perfect 45 minutes of football in the first half of a Champions League game away from home.

It's just been a masterclass of passing and moving.

On 21/02/2023 at 13:43, Merrick's Marvels said:

I admire your optimism. 

Anyway, COYR!  

That’s the spirit!

• Haha 1

On 03/02/2023 at 21:30, Magger1 said:

Look it’s like I said earlier if you can show me west end show or a top live band where the tickets are under £50 let alone watching the English champions the let I know , people choose their seats because it’s the best they can afford well if your centre of lansdown and it’s £35 a game to watch Rotherham then surely you expect to pay £15 more for Manchester City it’s a bit like watching the Wurzels or oasis

why would you look at waterhole in the  Deseret?

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Indeed. Let's hope they go easy on us and pick some of their bench fillers - you know, like England's Kalvin Phillips and Phil Foden, plus the kid who started at centre forward for Argentina in the World Cup Final. 

They weren’t great second half today. 

I am a Bristol City fundamentalist and always think we can win. In this case maybe 90/10 against but they were the same odds not so many years ago against Utd and we gave City quite a scare. 

Im coming a long way to take up my seat for this one and wouldn’t be if I thought it was going to be fish in a barrel. 

See you there!

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

8 hours ago, Super said:

They are wasteful at the moment but somebody will get a beating soon that team is too good. Hopefully it's Bournemouth at the weekend 

They beat Arsenal and Villa 3-1 back to back last week so they're not doing that bad. 

I just hope they struggle to get motivated for us and get a bit sloppy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, REDOXO said:

They weren’t great second half today. 

I am a Bristol City fundamentalist and always think we can win. In this case maybe 90/10 against but they were the same odds not so many years ago against Utd and we gave City quite a scare. 

Im coming a long way to take up my seat for this one and wouldn’t be if I thought it was going to be fish in a barrel. 

See you there!

We have a 900% chance of winning?? I’ll take that!

• Robin 1

10 hours ago, REDOXO said:

See you there!

Not sure I agree they were the same odds 5 years ago - our team was way better back then, while Man City have hardly deteriorated.

But yes, I'll see you there and we shall cheer our team on together ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KnowleUtd City said:

Bizarrely I've got the same feeling about this game as I did for the first leg against Forest in 88 when we went up there.

Gonna get absolutely peppered, and every minute we can hold out will be an achievement. 

Let's pray that someone can be our Paul Mardon on the one occasion we venture in to their half ?

COYR!

I love those games where the crowd cheer every tackle!

• Like 1