IGNORED

Fifth Round Draw: Home to Man City

BUTOR

2 hours ago, KnowleUtd City said:

Bizarrely I've got the same feeling about this game as I did for the first leg against Forest in 88 when we went up there.

Gonna get absolutely peppered, and every minute we can hold out will be an achievement. 

Let's pray that someone can be our Paul Mardon on the one occasion we venture in to their half ?

COYR!

One of THE very best nights following City was that. Amazing support and team effort.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

I love clutching at straws, so here's some historical synergy - I hope.

In the 1972/73 season, First Division Manchester City were beaten in the FA Cup 5th Round by a Second Division team that went on to lift the cup.

There's more, the Second Division team finished 6th in the League that season (City finished 5th), a position that would qualify for the play-offs today.

6 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

What would you rather… a win on Tuesday or Saturday against Cardiff? 

100% Man City. If we beat them and reach the QFs it probably outstrips or nearly outstrips the Man U game.

If we beat Cardiff, we’ll have forgotten about it by mid-March? We’re not going down, we’re 95% certain not to go up. The cup is the last proper excitement I’d say (beyond enjoying our good form more generally).

• Like 2