IGNORED

Timm Klose and Chris Martin leave (Confirmed)

Silvio Dante

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Hang on. So Martin's not gone to Gillingham? But has left us?

He's left us but not gone to Gillingham. It was a windup tweeted by a Cheltenham fan in response to Gillingham's twitter admin teasing a last minute signing (not him), and BBC Kent picked it up and ran with it instead of doing any check on the legitimacy of it.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Klose has been coaching the kids for a while now as well and they absolutely love him. He's an excellent coach, they loved his approach to sessions and the experiences he shared about his career.  They found him hilarious to boot. From what I hear he's a great person to have around.

The boys all signed a card for him last night when he said his goodbyes. I don't pretend to know the guy personally but everything I've heard is positive and I hope he's a huge success in his coaching career back in Switzerland. 

Sounds like a Scotty Murray type character, shame he's not staying to coach here

Edited by Red Cloud
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Unsurprisingly, there are plenty of Derby fans wanting Martin to go back there.

Fans who do not realise that time waits for no man and none of us are the guys we were once.  Forwards in their 30s in particular can either ride the decline in pace and develop more canny ways of operating, or show a sharp decline in effectiveness.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Fans who do not realise that time waits for no man and none of us are the guys we were once.  Forwards in their 30s in particular can either ride the decline in pace and develop more canny ways of operating, or show a sharp decline in effectiveness.

Yep. Also seen a few Sunderland fans wondering whether he'd be an option for them, then I remembered that his only goal this season was against them in the first home game and they probably haven't taken much notice of what he's done (or not, more like) since then.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

That’s true but even though I speak as a fan of Martin, he never had any to start with.

Never forget the goal in the 5-0 v Hull, when he ran from almost the halfway line, the defender “chasing” him must have had the speed of a traction engine.

Brilliant holding the ball up & a decent finisher though.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

That’s true but even though I speak as a fan of Martin, he never had any to start with.

Never forget the goal in the 5-0 v Hull, when he ran from almost the halfway line, the defender “chasing” him must have had the speed of a traction engine.

Brilliant holding the ball up & a decent finisher though.

Yeah - others may disagree but I feel Martin's fundamental problem this season isn't that he's suddenly much worse than last season. It's more that - in addition to competing with Weimann and Semenyo, we're getting the best out of Wells, Bell and Conway have made huge strides and the emergence of the latter three plus signing of Sykes was meant we've changed how the team plays to suit them and that means Martin was competing with a higher standard of player and didn't quite fit the team when he did play. Throw in the signings of Cornick and Mehmeti and he was suddenly our eighth best forward, at least in terms of the system we play. 

I certainly think a League One club will sign him and be very glad they did so. 

• Like 2

He must have signed for a relatively low salary so it’s not much of a risk for QPR. Even if he isn’t a regular starter he can still add something. I’m not sure what the something will be, but QPR  seem to have low ambitions 

Edited by pongo88