IGNORED

Alex Scott - Treasure his outstanding talent

Curr Avon

3 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

He is incredible for his age but we need to keep calm and keep a perspective. 

It was only preston away last season that everyone was raving about massengos performance  

He is certainly in superb form at the moment and it's a joy to see him, bell and many others in the team thriving. 

There's a massive difference tbh. Massengo gave us one great performance in every 20 games with plenty of very ordinary ones in the other 19, Scott averages you one great one, three good ones and one ordinary one every five, also has an U19 Euro's final win where he started under his belt and will end up in the U21's before the season is out. Massengo hasn't got what Scott did yesterday in his locker, he's not that player.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

There's a massive difference tbh. Massengo gave us one great performance in every 20 games with plenty of very ordinary ones in the other 19, Scott averages you one great one, three good ones and one ordinary one every five, also has an U19 Euro's final win where he started under his belt and will end up in the U21's before the season is out. Massengo hasn't got what Scott did yesterday in his locker, he's not that player.

There are threads on how amazing massengo is/was going to be not a million miles off what people are saying about Scott.

I'm not criticising him,  he is superb! I'm just saying lets keep our praise in check too. Young players go through phases. 

The great thing for scott is every 2 or 3 months his good performances seem to be more common. He wasnt playing like this in October/November when the team was struggling,  hopefully hes growing in confidence and this  is helping the rest of the team too.

Hes an incredibly talented young player , but we still need to be patient with him and he needs to keep doing what he is doing. Keeping his head down, working hard etc etc 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

36 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

There are threads on how amazing massengo is/was going to be not a million miles off what people are saying about Scott.

I'm not criticising him,  he is superb! I'm just saying lets keep our praise in check too. Young players go through phases. 

The great thing for scott is every 2 or 3 months his good performances seem to be more common. He wasnt playing like this in October/November when the team was struggling,  hopefully hes growing in confidence and this  is helping the rest of the team too.

Hes an incredibly talented young player , but we still need to be patient with him and he needs to keep doing what he is doing. Keeping his head down, working hard etc etc 

Yes I think we all want our players (especially young and expensive ones!) to do well so there is an element of us seeing through rose tinted glasses.

As @Numero Unosaid there is a huge difference between the two.

Scotts development was accelerated because we didn't have enough options with the injury crisis and a pretty poor side in general, whereas Han suffered from an inflated squad under a manager who switched players frequently in and out of the team.

The obvious one for us fans would be that he contributes more scores and assists far more than Han. I can't fault Hans energy at times and for every below par performance, there was a very good one too. I am not sure whether his hair style like Chong at Birmingham made him stand out, but he seemed to get alot of positive reviews from oppostion fans compared to most of our team!

Both had potential but Scott is more consistent and is that level or two above him ability wise IMO.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

42 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

To be fair, the club itself is advertising the Man City game with Scott as the poster boy, which just adds to the hype.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He had a loan at Blackburn Phil.

Of Course, I remember now that you remind me.

My recollection was of this precocious 15 year old signing for Liverpool from Fulham and having broken records for being the youngest to have played for various teams in various competitions - I also remember his crass post about Tottenham's (now) leading scorer, Harry Kane, but that is another (best forgotten) subject.

My apologies to @Vidal - assuming Alex Scott does leave in the Summer (I hope not, and still believe there is an outside chance he might stay on for just one more season), it will be interesting to see how the two compare in a season or two.

Apart from all the justified praise being heaped on Scott by a multitude of heapers I would just like to add one other thing that seems absent and that is his ability to get continually clattered and still get up and play his normal game. He really appears to be the epitome of a top player. I would so love the guy to stay for next season and give us a chance of promotion. 
I’d tell him he could become a legend in Bristol and choose whichever club he wanted as a Prem player. Stuff the short term transfer money let’s get to the land of milk and honey , no not Wales, before they close the revenue streams. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Hazelboy said:

I find it odd he’s not in there already, Mcatee, Doyle & Morton all in the squad ahead of him last time. 
Clearly streets ahead of all 3 of them (although I was impressed by Morton last week) guess it’s just because he’s not in a ‘big 6’ club.

There's an under 20 world cup in May.

That's more useful in his development than some under 21 games.

32 minutes ago, The Bard said:

There's an under 20 world cup in May.

That's more useful in his development than some under 21 games.

Didn't he win the U19 World Cup with England?

A winners medal at both ages would be amazing.

Edit: I think it's the U21 Euros in June?

Edited by mozo

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Under 19s euros last year. Probably want to keep the same team together. 

Makes sense. As I say, a winners medal at U19 and U20 would be amazing for those lads.

Hopefully he could win something at U21s level as well, ahead of winning the 2026 world cup alongside Bellingham in England's midfield.

On 05/02/2023 at 17:44, Sitrom said:

To be what?????  I've been sat here for an hour for you to finish this sentence.  I can't take it anymore!!!

?? Missus called me as I was typing and didn't realise I'd hit reply as I closed the laptop............"one of the best players ever to have played at AG" is the missing bit

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Gerrard is a decent comparison, better than Grealish anyway.  Fair to say Scott is on everyone’s radar now. Apart from the city fan on here last week who said he ‘isn’t that good’!

You can see what he means about Grealish. His on the ball style/close control.