IGNORED

Pearson Out

DaveInSA

I'm happy to say I've never wanted him out. (That's not to say I'm never wrong, I stuck with Johnson when in hindsight it was clear the rot had set in!)

I've met him whilst he's been manager and it was absolutely clear he had a great long term vision.

That included a scenario where we lost one or both of Scott and Semenyo. I jokingly told him not to let the pair of them leave, to which he replied "if they leave, we'll replace them and the level up the team". This was a last season, and that seems to have finally come to fruition now as Mehmeti looks a brilliant talent and adding Cornick will prove very shrewd I think. Assuming both have ultimately been funded by Semenyo - overall the squad does look stronger. I trust him to do the same with Scott if/when he leaves for big money in the summer.

He may have come to us at exactly the right time - he needed to have a degree of autonomy that he wouldn't have had under Ashton. I doubt he'd have joined if Ashton was still here. It's clear he has a strong working relationship with Gould and Tinnion.

I think actually, at this stage of his managerial career, he may enjoy the challenge of it. He's spent a fair amount of time at clubs with big resources for their relative level (namely Leicester in the Championship) and this represents a totally different kind of challenge. I bet he's relishing all the success he's enjoying with our academy.

• Like 13
  • Robin 1

43 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Sleepwalking toward relegation ffs ???

Obviously has an upside down house and was sleepwalking up the stairs for a piss!!!

7 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Héracles? Sophocles? Hang on I may have misread that, where are my spectacles, oh there they are under my testicles 

That’s bollox…it’s Testacles!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

No, the bedwetting whinging sack the manager because we lost threads are the most annoying thing on the forum. 

I find the bedwetting whingers just as annoying as the holier than though won't accept criticism in any scenario Rose tinted brigade. 

It was the same with LJ. Pick a side and squabble.

Yawn.

• Like 1

This is the benefit of recruiting a manager with a proven calibre and experience. It buys time a younger coach would never have had - both with the fans and the board.

The discontent was growing but never reached a point of no return. It would have done much sooner with a less respected name. Now we are starting to reap the benefits.

Intriguing to see what he will do in the summer and next season if Scott goes for mega money and Pearson gets to spend it…

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1